Desync Will Be Fixed !

"
Denezen wrote:
Introduce a new problem = a fix to you?

I really need to stop viewing these boards.. no time like the present lol cyz

What exactly were you expecting? Servers built in everyone's back yard and free 1000mb internet connections for all. That is the only way that lag does not get introduced if desync is to go away.

There are 3 options. Three. Thats it:

1) Everyone plays client only and hosts from their machine. You will be subject to lower lag that with a server option but cheating is much easier as all data is on your machine, not on a server
2) Everyone plays with some lag but the server and your game are ALWAYS in sync
3) Everyone plays with instant actions (even if they dont look it with high ping always) and the server and the game on our computers can become out of sync - causing what we call "desync"

We have the option to choose either 2 or 3 whichever you prefer/is best for you. IT IS THE BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION.

If you're still unhappy, you need to stop playing online action rpg's and many other online games where this can be an issue.

At least until 2050 when internet connections are at lightspeed and GGG can afford to put a server in every town on the planet.

Which is still very doubtful...
Last edited by DexDeus on Apr 10, 2015, 8:24:04 PM
If you've got a stable, smooth connection with latency below 50, steplock will be just perfect and you won't see a difference. Except for the desync being gone completely.

It's like having 50ms in LoL or Counter Strike. You don't feel that at all.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Apr 10, 2015, 8:29:33 PM
"
DexDeus wrote:

At least until 2050 when internet connections are at lightspeed and GGG can afford to put a server in every town on the planet.

No, no, no...light speed is too slow.

Light speed too slow?

Yes. We're gonna have to go right to...ludicrous speed.
Last edited by Hodari on Apr 10, 2015, 8:29:38 PM
Won't be any lag if people have good internet right? I mean at least not noticeable, with someone under 100ms latency , I wouldn't think there would be much lag drawback from that...but maybe I am clueless...cause I would assume it would only be "trading a problem for a problem" for people with whacked up nets! ...but again maybe im clueless...
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Won't be any lag if people have good internet right? I mean at least not noticeable, with someone under 100ms latency , I wouldn't think there would be much lag drawback from that...but maybe I am clueless...cause I would assume it would only be "trading a problem for a problem" for people with whacked up nets! ...but again maybe im clueless...

You will still be able to choose the old system.

Have you played any other online games with 100ms?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

It really depends on you. I know people who play at 150 ms and are fine with the lag. My personal treshhold is around 50 ms, everything above that and I feel like the delay is too long and the game feels clunky.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

It really depends on you. I know people who play at 150 ms and are fine with the lag. My personal treshhold is around 50 ms, everything above that and I feel like the delay is too long and the game feels clunky.

This.

The maths on what it actually means is this.

there are 1000ms in a second.

If you read the reddit post Jonathan (or whoever did it i dont remember) says that the experience is roughly half that.

So if you have a 100ms ping it will feel like 50ms with this system

Now there are 20 50's in 1000 and so it is around 1/20th of a second worth of lag.

This could be a little noticeable actually even though it sounds a short time.

Similarly 50ms will be 1/40th of a second delay - here many people wont notice and if you do it will barely make a difference.

If you get to 1/80th of a second I dare say you WILL NOT notice AT ALL.

So if youre extremely time sensitive a 25ms ping will ensure you are happy.

Mine from the UK (sever is somwhere in Europs) and I am on just a 7mb connection is a 35ms ping.

So to say were getting a server in London and in a couple of months I will have a 50mb connection im pretty optimistic. Even if it doesnt improve I should experience no more than around 1/60th of a second of lag. You can work your own out using the above method
"
Hodari wrote:
"
DexDeus wrote:

No, no, no...light speed is too slow.

Light speed too slow?

Yes. We're gonna have to go right to...ludicrous speed.

No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
This is what people have been asking since day 1, a network model same as MOBAS/RTS games.

Now add in a graphic / particle / weather optimization in options and I would be back after years I left due to game system problems.

Very good news for PoE, indeed!
"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

You will still be able to choose the old system.

Have you played any other online games with 100ms?

No not personally, in PoE I hover between 50-80...hopefully when they added more servers "they mentioned east coast, which is where im at!" it will go down, cause in other games im not even that high...in WoW I am usually around 25 home/25 world...

Ive just always heard you're fine until you hit 150ms+ ...but thats just what ive heard!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info