Desync Will Be Fixed !

If they fix desync I'm definitely coming back. I really hope they make it work like all the other games I play. Lag is lag regardless of the network code and "hiding" it is just plain bad. I want to see when I lag so I can react accordingly. I don't want to see mobs (or myself) die in all the wrong places.

I wanted to play PoE again, thought I'd re-learn the stuff so I'll be ready when the new system is in place, but I just can't. Mobs "teleport" all over the place. I shoot it here, it dies there, it's really an immersion breaker. (All this with ~30ms ping)

League, for example, doesn't have this desync issue and doing something is pretty much instant and the lag is not noticeable in any way. I hope this new lockstep system will be like that.
"
Brainy wrote:
If they fix desync I'm definitely coming back. I really hope they make it work like all the other games I play. Lag is lag regardless of the network code and "hiding" it is just plain bad. I want to see when I lag so I can react accordingly. I don't want to see mobs (or myself) die in all the wrong places.

I wanted to play PoE again, thought I'd re-learn the stuff so I'll be ready when the new system is in place, but I just can't. Mobs "teleport" all over the place. I shoot it here, it dies there, it's really an immersion breaker. (All this with ~30ms ping)

League, for example, doesn't have this desync issue and doing something is pretty much instant and the lag is not noticeable in any way. I hope this new lockstep system will be like that.

Having tested it in the beta I can say that desync is indeed a thing of the past

so allow me to say welcome back my good sir
I dont see any any key!
Still waiting for that apology thread from those who claimed steadfast that it will never be fixed.
"
ImmaPokemon wrote:
Still waiting for that apology thread from those who claimed steadfast that it will never be fixed.

I was one of those folks so I started my apology thread lol
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

Having tested it in the beta I can say that desync is indeed a thing of the past

so allow me to say welcome back my good sir

Thank you ^^

"
ImmaPokemon wrote:

When something is broken for a very long time, people lose faith and conclude it won't be fixed.

I myself never actually said it won't be fixed, I just quit the game until they found a solution (which was more like switching to the widely used network system). They could've done it from the start, though, since having to "wait" ~40ms for an action is waaaay better than desync. Those who have lag still have lag, they just see their character moving sooner, which is worse, never knowing where they actually are, but I guess that is debatable.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the big patch ^^

It will be fixed but not in 2.0 considering how some of the streamers are getting desynced with lockstep on .
R.I.P 4.B.
its working for me only had 2 minor issues

at any rate its much better than before
I dont see any any key!
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Jun 28, 2015, 6:02:03 PM
I have been wanting this for ever. GGG is the best!
Let's hope that even with my 180ms, Lockstep will help somewhat.

We South Africans need some LOVE BAD!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info