[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
egg911 wrote:
I die literally like 30 times an hour at lvl 82 with this build. I can't complete my maps because I run out of portals. I can't figure out why I'm constantly being killed so easily. With two andvarious rings, resists are capped except cold at 70%. I've got around 3.2k life. What am I doing wrong?

Check your flasks. Two Seething Hallowed flasks are absolutely critical to double-tap out of certain situations. There's no way this build survives without seething flasks. I find this is usually the #1 reason people struggle with it.

Your life is also low, you should be closer to 3.7k at level 82.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Guide has been (mostly) updated for 2.0.

I still need to test whether AA or EB/MoM is better for this setup now. I will do that immediately after the Awakening is released and update the guide within about an hour of launch.
Has anyone tried a 5-6 linked flameblast in Searing and double 5-6 linked flameblast spell totems using Soul Mantle unique?

Flameblast totems are awkward. They will continue charging endlessly until you place a new totem and force the Flameblast to "detonate" I guess is the word for it.

The inherent problem with this is that if you want high-charge Flameblasts to go off, you need to invest heavily in totem survivability so they don't die before they get a chance to do anything.
Guide is updated.
Just something about the skilltree - why do you spend so much points to get into the Scion area and take the 40% mana/1% life regeneration node? If you take the 3 nodes left of Mind over Matter you get 12% life, 40% mana regeneration and 0.8% life reg while saving 2 points.
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Shaileen wrote:
Just something about the skilltree - why do you spend so much points to get into the Scion area and take the 40% mana/1% life regeneration node? If you take the 3 nodes left of Mind over Matter you get 12% life, 40% mana regeneration and 0.8% life reg while saving 2 points.

Just an oversight.

And with the extra 3 points from A4, which this tree hadn't accounted for, you can grab those anyway.

Mana sustain is crap with the new EB. Valuable to get both.
A couple other skill tree-related questions:

Since the build isn't ignite-based anymore, wouldn't it be better to skip Celestial Punishment* and the 6% increased Elemental Damage node by it, and instead take the two 10% increased Fire Damage nodes by Explosive Impact, or something else (like Elemental Dominion* and the 8% increased Elemental Damage node by it)?

...And then, what about also swapping Celestial Judgement* and the 12% increased Fire Damage node for the remaining 10% increased Fire Damage node and Explosive Impact*, too?

"
*Celestial Punishment: 25% increased Damage against Frozen/Shocked/Ignited Enemies; 5% chance to Freeze/Shock/Ignite

*Elemental Dominion: 4% increased Cast Speed; 16% increased Elemental Damage with Spells; +20 to Intelligence

*Celestial Judgement: 18% increased Elemental Damage; Damage Penetrates 2% Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance

*Explosive Impact: 25% increased Fire Damage; 4% increased Radius of Area Skills
Ah yeah, thanks. =) I take Celestial Punishment by habit for a lot of my caster builds.

Good suggestion, I'll make the adjustment to Explosive Impact.
i was searching a caster searing tocuh build and i found this build, would this passive tree be viable for an end game firestorm build ( no MF ) like a goog clear speed build? if no what kind of changes in the tree would you suggest. i would change the MF gear to other usefull stuff but i was curious about the tree and do you think it would be viable? thanks ^^
Last edited by erol1234p on Jul 17, 2015, 9:36:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info