[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

"
Serleth wrote:

EDIT: As an aside, 100% chaos conversion Firestorm totem is *fricken awesome*

New video this weekend?!

HYPE!
I start make some purchases in anticipation of the 2.0 :) Rather than crafter, I preferred to buy and try to 6L. I have more chance for 6L as for crafts :)

Edit: 6S after 21 Jeweller's!

I guess the 6L would be recommended?

Hoping that the 6L of God be with me!

I expected to find something that makes me really want, you sold me PA, with or without MF will be my build to start 2.0
Last edited by vick666 on Jun 12, 2015, 12:31:55 PM
i dont get it what bow best to use for PA. Ok +2 / +1 - but what type of bow and what dmg stats are important?
@Vick666 - yeah, you do want it 6L. It'll work fine in a 5L (mine was 5L for a while) but eventually we'll want to put an IIR gem in there (if you're looking to MF with it), or pierce/faster projectiles depending whether you go with Drillneck or not. Glad my video could help you decide on a build =)

@pepitomobile - +2/+1 is all you really need. Nothing else is particularly important since almost all of your damage in the setup I've demonstrated comes from the cloud damage, so it's gem level that's your priority. Anything else you can get on it is gravy. For an MF version we'll actually be looking for resistances in the suffix slots, and phys% if we can get it on the other prefix. If MF isn't your shtik, then phys%, +2, +1 for prefixes, then attack speed is your priority suffix. Then probably mana / life on kill.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 12, 2015, 8:21:01 PM

hi, still no 6L after 655 fuses :(

I wonder if I will not go through Vorici for once ...
For the craft, he brings me a good resist cold, I would wait to see what I was next door before crafter.
is it possible/wise to try and swap over from lvl 88 incinerate templar to this build? Im really interested in this one :D
"
vick666 wrote:

For the craft, he brings me a good resist cold, I would wait to see what I was next door before crafter.

My average 6L cost is about 800. I've 6L'd over 35 items in PoE and only two have ever gone above 1500 fuse (2200 and 3500). The rest have been 1350 or less, so that's 33/35 items that have 6L'd in less than 1500 fusings.

Never Vorici your 6L.

"
is it possible/wise to try and swap over from lvl 88 incinerate templar to this build? Im really interested in this one :D

Yes, absolutely. In fact your tree should be reasonably similar, shouldn't even cost you a lot in the way of regrets, I'm assuming no more than maybe 20 at most depending on how you've set up your tree. So, 1.3 exalt? You'll farm that back in 2.5 hours. =D
"
Serleth wrote:

"

Yes, absolutely. In fact your tree should be reasonably similar, shouldn't even cost you a lot in the way of regrets, I'm assuming no more than maybe 20 at most depending on how you've set up your tree. So, 1.3 exalt? You'll farm that back in 2.5 hours. =D

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAx4EBwSzBx4Jqgx9DkgQWBB_ES0Rlha_FvMaOB8CH0Ek2CY8JpUnLyj6LJwtHy-dMjQy0TWSOlg64UGHQ8hEq0VHRZ1G10lRTLNN408EU1JVS1WuVcZd8l8qYeJj_WjyakNrF3GFeuZ8g35Zf8aCEIIegpuCx4PbhW2HZYuMjDaPppBVlSCVLpo7muCdY6IAoqOksaZXr7exQrc-uJO86sAawFTAZsCawfPGns361YHVpti92fzaudsL4XPljuvk6-7sOO088B_w1fJF-d356P4K_o8=

Current tree... The only thing im concerned about is whether or not its worth doing the swap now since they will reset the passives when releasing the new patch, also how will this fare in the new patch?

I almost soley do solo farms in maps, would you recommend this over incinerate, pros cons?
Thanks for anwsering :)
"
Serleth wrote:
"
vick666 wrote:

My average 6L cost is about 800. I've 6L'd over 35 items in PoE and only two have ever gone above 1500 fuse (2200 and 3500). The rest have been 1350 or less, so that's 33/35 items that have 6L'd in less than 1500 fusings.

Never Vorici your 6L.

Ok,i try 300++ fuses = 979 used atm :(
I'm still before exceeding 500+ vorici: D

Last edited by vick666 on Jun 13, 2015, 2:52:01 PM
"
The only thing im concerned about is whether or not its worth doing the swap now since they will reset the passives when releasing the new patch, also how will this fare in the new patch?

I almost soley do solo farms in maps, would you recommend this over incinerate, pros cons?

Looks like about a 30 point respec.

RE: Swap
- Depends entirely on how much playtime you have available to you and whether you feel, based on that playtime, that you can make back the currency spent on the respec / gear purchases. The only expensive thing is a 5L Searing, or if you really want to push for the 6L... that. Everything else is cheap. So if you're intent on farming up a lot of currency between now and 2.0, and you have say... even 2 hours a day, then yeah it'd be worth it.

2ex respec, 4ex for 5L Searing, maybe 2ex for misc other gear, 2ex for 20/20 FB (maybe less right now even) = 10ex expenditure. 0.5ex/hr earned, 2 hours per day = 1ex per day, you've got at least 3 weeks before the patch hits, 21 days = 21ex = 11ex profit.

Math wise, yeah, it'll pay off.

RE: Build faring in 2.0
- It's too early to say definitively since we don't know if the change to Proliferation having a flat radius of 12 is going to stay or if they're going to adjust it somehow. If Prolif stays at a flat 12 radius, then this build will require some adjustments to function. It will still work, but we'd probably forget about proliferation and just stack some more AoE and change our gems from FB - CTI - Prolif - Conc - Pen - IIR >>>>> FB - AoE - Conc - Faster Casting - Pen - IIR. Cast speed on FB is improved from 0.3s to 0.2s so it charges up *a lot quicker*, making it easier to deal without prolif.

That said, I really prefer MFing with a build that has a fire-and-forget playstyle, which is why if you scroll back through the last few pages you see me discussing Poison Arrow in depth, and provide a a video demonstrating its clear speed, which is comparable with the 1.3 FB.

So we'll see what changes come down the pike before committing fully but if Prolif ends up going live in its current state in the Beta, I'll be posting a new guide based around PA.

RE: Incinerate
- For MFing (specifically for soloing maps, there's no question the 1.3 version of FB absolutely *dominates* Incinerate's clear speed. You have to not care about dying, and be active with your flask usage to prevent that from happening, but as you can see in this video, I decimate a difficult 78 Courtyard map with Ele Weakness and extra lit damage in about 7-7.5 minutes. Granted, I was playing careful specifically to demonstrate that it can do it without ripping. Though there were some close calls :P

If you want to do things like MF Atziri runs, or do some Dominus MF runs too... you can get away with FB for Dominus, you can't do Atziri though. And Incinerate does have a much better Dominus kill speed if you plan on doing tons of Dom sessions.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this just to tout my own build, but if I were you and looking to farm currency in maps, I would be more than willing to invest the 30ish regrets in a respec to farm my face off and build up bank to afford to change to whatever build I wanted to post-2.0 patch.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2015, 3:01:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info