[2.0] Flameblast Solo Map MF'er (20 IIQ, 230-330 IIR)

Thanks a lot for the videos.

I am kind of disappointed about Infernal/Consuming Dark combo. Thought the clear speed would be much faster, but as You said AoE on SoS is neat and 2 minutes faster clear is superlative. Waiting for wipe now and I am going to try PA and SoS flame totem then.
@jibxcx For Flameblast? No. You need carcass jack if you want to be able to accurately stuttercast with conc effect in. Also keep in mind with the change to proliferation (flat 12 radius) that's present right now in the Beta, FB's clear speed is ridiculously slower by comparison. So, we'll see if they make any changes to prolif first. If they adjust it so that it in some way the AoE of prolif increases, then it'll be fine.

If you're referring to PA, it'd be an option for sure, only an extra two points for EB. I don't think it's necessary but if you want the increased survivability it's definitely an option.

@Tai It's more doable now with the change to PA / Slower Proj, but I wouldn't do it until at least one of the chaos clusters and entropy, and at least mid-30s when you can run Conc, AoE, and Slower Proj in at least a +1 bow. Then it should be fine from there on.

@Aelm Yeah it wasn't quite what I expected either. I don't think dropping slower proj for anything else would really improve the clear speed at all, probably make it worse, in fact. It's fun, and definitely better for most bosses, has great single target damage by comparison given that most mobs aren't chaos resistant. And going crit helps with any mobs that are. But for raw clear speed, it's just not the same.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 11, 2015, 4:03:55 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
Whereas Poison Arrow is able to get off the ground for cheaper compared to the Sire of Shards investment (you can use a random 5L bow for 5 chaos, spend 50 alts getting a +2 roll on it, and you're good), and only gets better as you're able to afford the upgrades.

Conclusion: if Flameblast / Proliferation stays in its current state when it goes live, I'll be switching my MF build over to Poison Arrow.

Thanks for watching / reading, and see you in Wraeclast.

Excellent! 2.0 quickly and see this! I probably found my new build!
I have already up my gem indeed: p

Thank you for new videos, FT to look nice, but I have already given rampage. Need to see something else.

Great job!
Last edited by vick666 on Jun 11, 2015, 8:54:07 PM
Thanks =D

EDIT: As an aside, 100% chaos conversion Firestorm totem is *fricken awesome*

New video this weekend?!
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 12, 2015, 12:38:05 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
Thanks =D

EDIT: As an aside, 100% chaos conversion Firestorm totem is *fricken awesome*

New video this weekend?!

haha, nice idea! I level with FireStorm occasionally, thats on live, and I guess it will get some love in beta :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:
haha, nice idea! I level with FireStorm occasionally, thats on live, and I guess it will get some love in beta :D

Yeah it's a fair bit better in beta, as are totems in general, and Firestorm actually feels usable but without Pledge of Hands I actually feel like totem is the way to go with it. Hit a comfortable level with that SoS character so I respec'd to test it out before I sold Consuming Dark.

So glad I didn't sell Consuming Dark because it's a super fun way to do Firestorm. Just wish I could throw my Siege Firestorm MTX on it =D

To be clear, I wouldn't use it as an MF build, but it is fun and actually quite safe to play, so maybe for an HC character.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 12, 2015, 1:56:52 AM
Since we're talking conversion and stuff, something I've not seen in ages:

Infernal mantle (IM is a 25% damage loss due to 'only fire damage' from AoF) - Carcass or Rare
Blackgleam quiver (perfect 50% roll)
Death's Harp
Shockwave Totem
speccing for crit in tree
using Hatred with Pyre

It's a different version of some other crit SWT paths. I liked the fire theme, since we come from FB :D Sadly no Carcass, and many uniques involved so rares should be good with life and res + castspeed

Didn't think of HC leagues yet, they tend to be rippy due to bugs or overbalance in the first days. Summoner's a nobrainer as well as flame totem. Perhaps some converted action in HC indeed for the next haha!

E: edited mistake of Infernal Mantle
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jun 12, 2015, 7:01:05 AM
Huh, that's an interesting concept.

You could still pull it off with Carcass, in fact that'd probably end up being better since SWT wouldn't really benefit from the +1 anyway. All that would end up happening is that your 100% conversion to fire damage ends up getting a 25% conversion to chaos. While the extra crit chance is nice, it's still easier to end up doing in Beta thanks to the 100% totem crit chance for 4 seconds node. And the base crit chance of SWT has gone up to 5% from 4%.

So, I think you can get away without Infernal Mantle. Although the extra fire damage on the chest is nice too.

And having MoM right there is a good change too.

Either way you cut it, some more options. =)

Don't think I'll have time to test it. Depends if there's a wipe on Monday/Tuesday. I still need to get a couple more levels to try the Firestorm totem in an HC-viable setup, then respec to Flameblast to give that a proper test.

After that, if there's no wipe, I might try it before rolling Ice Crash.
Ah, the conversion of the Mantle to chaos slipped me, damn :D

We can't deal no-fire damage with AoF, so the chest is 25% damage loss.

No hurry mate, something will work for MF, and hope is still up for a moderate radius on prolif.

GJ, looking forward to your Beta-FB vid, mine was from live with a lvl 1 gem (but still affected by aoe from tree + carcass)
Last edited by Chronodroid on Jun 12, 2015, 4:25:22 AM
"
Chronodroid wrote:
We can't deal no-fire damage with AoF, so the chest is 25% damage loss.

WELP, that one slipped me lol. We're even.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info