"
Nurffe wrote:

Desync is just an illusion, exile

trolling isn't nice.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Nurffe wrote:
Why don't you record your gameplay and show us situation you "desync" or "suddenly die out of noewhere". It's likely it's your fault, not the game. As you can see from hc ladder people actually survive to lvl100

Desync is not only massive rubberbanding situations, it's also tiny little things, like thinking you are on clear ground, but actually standing on lightning and receiving extra damage.

Combat is fast-paced and confusing and failing to notice such minor details can be easy & deadly (think big skeles & vaal fallen)

E:
Another example that happened to me yesterday: was fighting a rare pack, spraying his ads with incinerate, while the rare was 'coming at me around some obstacles'. But in reality he was already in my melee range taking damage and suddenly boom! volatile blood explosion out of nowhere, taking 3/4 of my life...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2015, 10:40:41 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Nurffe wrote:
Why don't you record your gameplay and show us situation you "desync" or "suddenly die out of noewhere". It's likely it's your fault, not the game. As you can see from hc ladder people actually survive to lvl100

Desync is not only massive rubberbanding situations, it's also tiny little things, like thinking you are on clear ground, but actually standing on lightning and receiving extra damage.

Combat is fast-paced and confusing and failing to notice such minor details can be easy & deadly (think big skeles & vaal fallen)

E:
Another example that happened to me yesterday: was fighting a rare pack, spraying his ads with incinerate, while the rare was 'coming at me around some obstacles'. But in reality he was already in my melee range taking damage and suddenly boom! volatile blood explosion out of nowhere, taking 3/4 of my life...

Recognizing desync is, to be honest, part of the game. You can 99% of time realize you are probably desynced / some mobs are desynced. For those situations you have /oos. Complaining about desync won't lead to anything. It's been here for years and it hasn't been fixed, it probably won't be fixed ever due the way netcode is made at the start. You will just need to live with it just like everyone else. Desync really is not as big issue as some player tend to tell. Most of the time it's just lack of player skill and they are blaming desync for that and of course they will, it's easy to do!

http://www.twitch.tv/nurffe/c/5672014 <-- This is me dying to desync which I should have recognized faster. You can blame the game but.. Truth is I failed to recognize situation and /oos in time
http://www.twitch.tv/nurffe/c/5612528 <-- Here you can only blame game / hardware
Learn the difference >.<
I have never had the issues you are describing, so I guess thats why I have no problem with playing on HC. I love the thrill of losing it all if I do a mistake or get too cocky. I get so bored playing on standard, thats just not for me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
Nurffe wrote:
Recognizing desync is, to be honest, part of the game. You can 99% of time realize you are probably desynced / some mobs are desynced. For those situations you have /oos. Complaining about desync won't lead to anything. It's been here for years and it hasn't been fixed, it probably won't be fixed ever due the way netcode is made at the start. You will just need to live with it just like everyone else. Desync really is not as big issue as some player tend to tell. Most of the time it's just lack of player skill and they are blaming desync for that and of course they will, it's easy to do!

http://www.twitch.tv/nurffe/c/5672014 <-- This is me dying to desync which I should have recognized faster. You can blame the game but.. Truth is I failed to recognize situation and /oos in time
http://www.twitch.tv/nurffe/c/5612528 <-- Here you can only blame game / hardware
Learn the difference >.<

I have no problems with dying because of desync. Last time I ripped to it, was in Nemesis. Two times grand total since CB.

My problem is that I have to use /oos macro as an in-game skill. Playing in this way, can be very frustrating. And its also kinda silly.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2015, 6:24:52 PM
Altough I dont suffer much from desync and other netcode related issues, I know for a fact that it exists for others. One of my IRL friends whom I play this game with, has severe issues with desync in this game. He has recently discovered that by taking Unwavering stance, he almost reduces desync by 100%.

Why is desync so different from one person to the next? Latency is my guess. My latency is a steady 40-41, my friend's latency is everywhere from 40-200 or something. The more mobs on his screen, the higher the latency. His connection is a 20Mbit down and 700Kbit up ADSL or something like that, while my connection is a 75Mbit Fiber.

We live a bout 1km from eachother.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Mar 29, 2015, 6:45:30 PM
"
I don't know man.
my "toaster" PC is the subject of many jokes around the forum, and I get hit hard by frame drops and desync, which often require faster reactions and a great deal of "guessing" what is actually going on, even though I can't see it.

also, loading screen deaths. more frustrating than anything else really, because when my screen freezes "live" or I rubber-band somewhere, I can still spam flasks like crazy and hope I make it out alive.
but when I'm stuck on a loading screen while knowing something is hitting my char server-side, it's a helpless feeling.

even so, I keep coming back to the HC Leagues, even after the most horrible of RIPs.
maybe it's a hopeless addiction, I don't know.
but mostly, it's trying to prove something to myself. setting goals for myself and trying to meet them to test if I'm not too old, yet :)

I agree with you here. I haven't played PoE on about 9 months because I was on a trip and only had a shitty laptop.

I came back home where I have a 12 core, 120 OCZ Vertex SSD, 16 GB RAM and a Nvidia GTX 760. Initally I was in heaven, until I got to make 78 map rotations and realized that even with this beast of a machine this game leaks frames like crazy.

While I was testing the game with my laptop I realized the problem with the particle effects, specially with desecrated ground and analyzed it deeply. It was way easier to see what was the problem with such low performance system. Seems that after that, I have developed some kind of skill that lets me see the amount of frame leaking even on this beast computer.

Really it happens. On a computer like this you are still going to lag frames like crazy. It is an issue on the graphics engine. There is nothing to do about it unless they really decide to invest money and time to fix it.
Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 29, 2015, 7:30:26 PM
havent played HC a lot yet. few characters to mid 70s or so, but the only thing i cant do in HC is opening strongboxes with exile in. everything else is smooth or /oos fixable. exiles in box cause my Computer to drop to 1 fps for like 10 good seconds. In standard i open them rarely if im making level and if im just leveled i open them and hit all potions while doing so.
"
Nurffe wrote:

Here's a secret....

Unavoidable deaths can happen to anyone.

Also,

Unavoidable deaths don't happen to everyone.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Probably because it is fun. The same reason people play SC.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info