How/Why Do People Stand Hardcore?

"
Green9090 wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, the epic hardcore gamers I've upset with this thread are my favorite part.

The feedback is great too though, I'm learning a lot about hardcore and general desync management. Thanks everyone!
who exactly did you upset tho ? no one really. must be nice making things up and responding to them yourself.

I knew this thread was a bait thread anyway, its on some 'I like pizza but cant stand hot dogs, so how/why do people stand hot dogs' shizz.
Last edited by grepman on Apr 1, 2015, 2:13:37 AM
well I often find myself thinking: how/why do people stand standard?

As for how I deal with the hardcore issues, I simply accept that all my characters will at some point die, more often than not through no fault of my own
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
well I often find myself thinking: how/why do people stand standard?

As for how I deal with the hardcore issues, I simply accept that all my characters will at some point die, more often than not through no fault of my own

I totally understand if someone who plays 5-25 hours/week likes to play Standard.
I have 2 rip's in the 1mHC right now, and i was happy that the last one was my own fault(first was a DC), i was shocked that it happened so fast, but after a few seconds i was ready to reroll(ofc the fact that i had leveling items/gems helped alot).
d:-D*
"
Green9090 wrote:

If I'm being generous, about 50% of my deaths are deaths that I could have done ANYTHING about. That's not deaths where desync wasn't involved, that's just deaths where I could have played around the possibility of desync better and survived as a result. The other 50% of my deaths are walking somewhere and then "oh, apparently I'm dead." Dead to monsters I had never seen, dead to warping to an area I had never been to, dead when there weren't any monsters around at all.

Ive never died in hc on a char that made it past normal. On proper hc chars, ie not in races, Ive died once in hc first time I played normal dominus when he was just added and I had no clue about the blood rain. Thats my sum total of proper hc rips in this game, ever.

Ive died twice to desync in the past year on softcore, both times playing melee against palace dominus. Once because dom was out of sync, once because his minions were out of sync. Thats playing 50+ hours a week every week.

Handling you player sync is a mechanic you can get to grips with, and when you do deaths to desync are an extremely rare thing. You have 2 controls, /oos which resyncs you game, stick it on a macro, use it. Second is the 'force stand still' button, you cannot be teleported/warped somewhere else while holding this button down, you should be holding it down every single time you attack with anything unless you actually want to be desynced in order to guarantee hitting a mob, you have made the calculated decision that potentially desyncing yourself is the right course of action at that time and then you resync yourself straight after. With those 2 tools you can basically remove you characters desync when you learn how to use them properly.

When you attack a mob without holding force stand still, if you could not actually hit the mob because its out of melee range or line of sight for ranged attacks on the server but not your computer, on your computer you will attack it, on the server you will move to be in range of the mob and then attack it, making you out of sync. This is what causes the vast majority of warping/teleporting around. Every single time you attack without holding down force stand still you should be very aware that you may well have just desynced yourself.

That leaves you with monster desync, you can learn to spot it, play builds that can tank a decent amount of damage from 99.9999999% of monsters. Basically you are left with a tiny handful of higher map bosses who are questionable, dominus, crematorium, labyrinth, thats about the only 3 mobs in maps I can think of where a single desync on their part can be fatal, maybe shrine piety on a non ondars character when shes in ice form.

Honestly its not that bad, you just have to learn how to properly use force stand still, /oos and spot the tell tale signs of mobs being out of sync. Like it or not, regardless of peoples opinions about if the game should or shouldnt have this factor, controlling desync is a skill of sorts, one that can be understood and learned.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Apr 1, 2015, 10:30:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info