Exactly why does hardcore exist?

All these threads come down to is people giving too many shits how others play the same game they play and people disrespecting one another over and over.
Asked and answered. Everything else in this thread should be deleted.
"
FadeXF wrote:
A long long time (2 yrs ago now) ago I got sick and tired of all the SC bashing. It got to me. So what I did was play HC. The first time in my life in any ARPG or any game, and very likely the last. I marched my way through the game - first try, no cheating by grouping, fully solo, no new character making to get gems, fully and totally 1st crack at it - to Merciless Peity's feet. Literally about 3 screens from her portal I died.

How did I die? My son had stubbed his toe in the other room and while I did full clears because I'm not a pussy - I don't skip anything, period - and I don't altF4 which were a few base rules for me when I did this, I had ran backwards a few screens then ran from the keyboard to help him. Rookie, SC mistake (I'm used to not throwing portals up, and just AFK wherever the fuck I want - it's actually a really lovely perk playing SC in POE) as when I got back I had about 1% life and 1 single, solitary white mob was hitting me to dead before I could hit my potion.

What did I learn from my experiences in HC?

1) You aren't better than me. You like to think you are, but you aren't. You just enjoy the game under different conditions.
2) The game isn't actually that hard. It isn't. There are a handful of conditions that arise that make for potential 1 shot deaths, however the basic game isn't that hard. If you continue to move away from the mobs and shoot your range, you can win and even mostly avoid desync.
3) I didn't enjoy playing the game because while I felt the stress of possibly dying, the truth was I put that pressure on myself trying to prove something to the community: that stress was totally from that - I didn't actually give a shit about dying in a video game.
4) I didn't enjoy playing content slowly, snails pace, creeping through it at 5-10 levels lower than I do in SC - playing it safe. That mode/style just isn't fun for me personally.
5) I didn't enjoy stacking health - stacking defensively - adding to that snail's pace.

You can certainly enjoy your style of play, and I don't think you are lower than I am because of it. I dig that you like POE. That makes you cool in my books. Don't think yourself better than me because I choose - I choose, consciously, to enjoy the game differently than you do and when push comes to shove I can prove that I'm just as good at this game than you are. In fact: better than 90% of that particular hardcore league at the time. Top 800 players anyway.

If only there was a way to check a list of achievements to verify bs stories..
@jebroni: It was an 80+ pages thread, with regular updates and details on progress etc.
Diary of a Hc player.

Page 521

Today was a good day. I only had to alt f4 35 times. I went back to the areas 20 lvls bellow me just to be safe, but i still could not keep myself from alt f4 everytime something came close to me. Better safe than sorry right?

Page 657

OH MY GOD. I DID IT. I WENT OUTSIDE AND KILLED A MONKEY IN AN AREA SAME LEVEL AS ME!!1!!11!

But then i alt f4'd just to be safe.
Anyway my mom will be so proud. I better tell her to send me something as a gift for my achievement since the monkey didn't drop any loot...

Page 658

<Removed by support>
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Mar 28, 2015, 1:01:53 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Diary of a Hc player.

Page 521

Today was a good day. I only had to alt f4 35 times. I went back to the areas 20 lvls bellow me just to be safe, but i still could not keep myself from alt f4 everytime something came close to me. Better safe than sorry right?

Page 657

OH MY GOD. I DID IT. I WENT OUTSIDE AND KILLED A MONKEY IN AN AREA SAME LEVEL AS ME!!1!!11!

But then i alt f4'd just to be safe.
Anyway my mom will be so proud. I better tell her to send me something as a gift for my achievement since the monkey didn't drop any loot...

Page 658

<Removed by support>

Hahahaha,good one.I needed some good laugh after farming normal ledge to lv 40 in 1m hc,now i can finally progress safe to evil brutus.
Give us diary of SC player also!
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 28, 2015, 1:24:18 PM
Why do troll threads like these exist that only incite war between people who play one way and people who play another way?

Man the salt got real in this thread, people should calm their tits.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
>.<
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Mar 28, 2015, 1:26:33 PM
I expect support to shortly come by and tell us all to stop bickering. Why not save them the trouble?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info