Need Help with Righteous Fire Build

"
Well you have a lot of respec points that are free, just do all the side quests. And I think you only need like 3 respec points, because I only changed like 3 points(the int nodes above the marauder section.) So just look at the skilltree and figure out the most efficient way to swap the trees a

I already used all my respec points a while ago because I was way off the RF course.
My biggest problem here is that I picked the skill "born to fight" after the start of the marauder build and then went up instead of going on the left and pick armour and mastery.
Preventing me from a lot of health and Arsonist as well.
I think this is why I cannot run RF right now.
Well then you have 2 options:

1. Buy Orbs of Regret. Calculate the most efficient way to respec your tree, buy that many orbs, use them.

2. Roll a new character. In that case, you could even try playing as a templar, thats up to you.

Option 2 would obviously take a bit longer, but require less currency investment.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
I also would like someone to clear out something.
Here is my chest recent setup

I put cast when damage taken lvl 1 with enduring cry, immortal call and increase duration.

The problem is that when I get hit, the only cast when damage taken that activates is this one

Why isnt it working ?
CwDT has an innate lvl: for a level one cwdt its 31.

This Gem can only support skill gems req. lvl 31 or lower.

You use leveld gems though, for example your Immortal Call req. lvl 60.

Use level 1 or slightly leveled gems and it will work just fine.
Last edited by Arviû on Mar 28, 2015, 4:11:27 PM
My bad I forgot about the level requirement.
Now it works ! Thank you. Without leveluping I'm already stronger with your advices and ideas.
No problem.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them.

Btw replace the Loath Twirl Ruby Ring.

It pretty much only offers the fire resitance and you can easily get an upgrade for almost nothing.

Get some life on gear, it will be more than tripled by your skilltree.
Sorry for using your thread, but this doesn't really deserve a Thread of its own.

I'm too trying to get a righteous fire build going. One thing i am confused by is that the build im looking at says you should support righteous fire with chance to ignite. He also says that dyadus is a good cheap weapon choice (probably because of the 25% ignite chance)

Am I missing something? Shouldn't chance to ignite do nothing to RF?

http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/triple-curse-righteous-fire-build/

This is the build im looking at.

Other things I do not understand, why discipline? Doesn't it burn simoultaneously? and even if not, ES won't recharge as long as RF is active, right?

He's also going for triple curse which I won't so I won't need the tempest shield, right? And therefor I wont need the alphas howl either to support the 4th aura?
Last edited by ItsRay on Mar 28, 2015, 5:31:10 PM
"
ItsRay wrote:
Sorry for using your thread, but this doesn't really deserve a Thread of its own.

I'm too trying to get a righteous fire build going. One thing i am confused by is that the build im looking at says you should support righteous fire with chance to ignite. He also says that dyadus is a good cheap weapon choice (probably because of the 25% ignite chance)

Am I missing something? Shouldn't chance to ignite do nothing to RF?

http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/triple-curse-righteous-fire-build/

This is the build im looking at.

Other things I do not understand, why discipline? Doesn't it burn simoultaneously? and even if not, ES won't recharge as long as RF is active, right?

He's also going for triple curse which I won't so I won't need the tempest shield, right? And therefor I wont need the alphas howl either to support the 4th aura?

Pretty much what you said- I would personally not follow that build.

Chance to ignite makes no sense- go

Righteous Fire-Increased Burning Damage-Increased Area of Effect-Concentrated Effect

Discipline- yep same as above, no point in running discipline unless you can sustain the extra burn and want that tiny bit of extra hp. Purity of Lighting would be superior.

Edit: I just looked at the skilltree...
It plans with 120 points, which you should not do.

There are quite easy to optimize it, which is no good sign as it shows that the author might not have looked into it enough.

Either it is incredibly well balanced, or it doesn't work. The build has "%effect of buffs on you" and some ES + discipline, which will significantly increase the RF dmg. So unless the %buff effect and %aura effect is enough to increase the %max fire res from Purity of Fire to an amount that will help sustaining RF, you will actually take dmg while you don't have Ruby Uptime.

All in all:

I would not follow this guide and I can not recommend it to someone new to RF.
Last edited by Arviû on Mar 28, 2015, 5:44:36 PM
Does this look better?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wUtBg4J9hQgFE0YkRkuGlUnCyfVJ-026DwFPC09_Ed-TP9VtVcNWGNboF8_YSFhUmSjZU1nm2jydO1343rvfA6CB4O2hNmE74ZghtGaO57NogCnMKdVrY2uPq9stz68n702vqfBBMRYxq7G2M9-0iHUfNSP2WHhc-Lq7w7vfPAf8kH2SPxLQYf56ILHKPqYrf4K2L0cpwxfU6Xr7riTpwiPRp2uEmkXHHF5m6F4LxhqfOVYBw==

I plan on running Purity of Fire, Grace and Vitality. Also the Blood Dance boots (is this maybe what you were overlooking with the build? maybe thats how he makes it work.)

3L: Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call
3L: Cast When Damage Taken - Ice Nova - Vulnerability
4L: Reduced Mana - Vitality - Purity of Fire - Grace
4L: Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Blood Magic

RF probably only a 4link aswell, increased burning dmg, conc effect, increased aoe

If I only go for 2 curses, is Elemental Weakness or Vulnerability better on top of Flammability?
Last edited by ItsRay on Mar 28, 2015, 7:36:48 PM
Yep that should work with lvl 17 auras.

However, your skilltree can be optimized aswell:

This is the pretty much exact same tree, but I skipped 2 int and 1 strength node (compare them, it's to the right of arsonist). Same mistake the skilltree from the build did btw.

It would work like this, but tbh I would aim for more life and try to get IR+Unwavering Stance if you want to run grace.

I would say Ele Weakness is better than Vulnerability, but that's just my feeling, I didn't do any calculations on that.

For your Cyclone setup, well you will probably need at least a 5L for the second curse and optimally (:D) a 6L so you can add LGoH for some sustain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info