Need Help with Righteous Fire Build

Hey everyone.

I have a lvl 67 marauder at the moment that I'm trying to build as a righteous fire character.
I copied builds as much as possible and built a character filled with HP and regen along with some elemental resistance. Here is a quick overlook at my character.
Bought me a Phoenix Shield and a brightbeak.
My Purity of fire is lvl 17 and vitality lvl 16.
Here is a look at him without Auras, and with Auras.
http://hpics.li/0bed1ca

http://hpics.li/c0917e1

What am I doing wrong ? I see people at lvl 65 already busting around with Righteous Fire while my HP keeps on going down...
Thanks.
Last edited by ElazulTFtwo on Mar 25, 2015, 2:09:42 PM
Well, if your hp is going down that can mean only two things, you lack either regen or max resist, maybe you took inner force and that screwed up your calculations? If others are already doing it that only means they got either more regen or more resists.

Your total selfburn base is 4062 per second.
With 87% fire resist that's 528 per second.
Your regen is 469.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 25, 2015, 2:42:40 PM
That's me again on my main character. Can you please explain how the elemental resist works ?

I don't get it

I have 87% resistance with fire but what is the number like (178%) after that ?
I don't get it cause when I put my
it has 33% fire resistance,

but when I put
On, it has 0% fire resitance but still gives me the same 87% ? I thought by stacking these item resistances on my character my fire resist would go up but after seeing this I don't get it.

Which one should I equip since it seems the +33% fire resist doesnt change a thing anymore...
Last edited by ElazulTF2 on Mar 27, 2015, 11:07:37 AM
The number in brackets is how much total fire resist you got, and the number in front is the capped amount. It's useful to know your total resist because of curses, sometimes you don't want to go below the cap under any conditions.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
What matters then in the game ? Because even when I have different total, it doesnt seem like I can have more capped amount ? I still miss the point here :(

Also what belt would be better for RF ?
"
ElazulTF2 wrote:
What matters then in the game ? Because even when I have different total, it doesnt seem like I can have more capped amount ? I still miss the point here :(

Also what belt would be better for RF ?

What matters is the 87%

Your maximum Resistances are capped at 75% naturally, which can be increased by certain Items and Gems. (Rise of the Phoenix + Purity of Fire for example)
Everything above this value is kinda wasted (which means, you can remove more than 100% Fireres from your gear and max your other resistances instead) , unless an enemy casts Elemental Weakness on you of course.

Here is the Formula to calculate the damage taken from RF:

((((L*0,9)+(ES*0,7))/L)*(100-R))*IB

L = Life
ES = EnergyShield
R = Maximum Fireresistance
IB = Increased Buff Effect (NOT increased Aura Effect) aka Inner Force (not sure if you skilled it - i just assume that you did not)

In your case:

Life = 4438
EnergyShield = 97
Max Fireres = 87%

Life * 0,9 = 3995
Energyshield *0, 7 = 68
100 - Fireres = 13

3995 + 68 = 4062
4062/4438 = 0,915
0,915 * 13 = 11,9 <------- RF deals 11,9% of your maximum health as damage per second to yourself

looking at your stats, it seems that you got something like 10,5% Lifereg, so you will need another 1,5% to outregenerate RF.

Another (and better) option to do this, is to buff your Maximum Fireresistance even further - you can skill some "+ effect of auras" nodes in the passive tree to do so.
So far your Purity of Fire adds 3% Max res, which means that you will get another 1% max res for every 34% increased effect of auras in your passives.
At level 20, your PoF will have a base value of 4% - so you only need 25% increased effect to buff it by another 1%.
You can also use a Rubyflask, which comes with another 10% maxresistance for 5 seconds (which is huge - you will be almost immune to firedamage of any source during the duration)

To answer you other question: Since you already have overcapped your fireresist pretty hard, the second belt will be better.

I also dont get why you are using Brightbeak, which adds absolutely nothing to your build - RFs damage is based on your maximum health and increased firedamage/burningdamage/elementaldamage.

Greetings

BTW: Can you link your passivetree please? :)

Last edited by Yalani on Mar 27, 2015, 11:04:11 PM
Here is my tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0NzRQgFE0WbxiRGj4aVRpsHM4kqifVKPorUDboNuk8LT0PPfxBh0WdR35M_1BHU1JXDVhjW6BfP2BLYSFko2ebaPJqHmo7dO12rHfjeu98Dn31ggeCx4TZhO-Mz5itmuCdrp7NogCnCKcwp1Wtja4-r2y3PriTvJ-9NsRYxPbGrsbYz37SIdi92WHi6uNq5FHr7u8O8B_yL_JB9kj56PxL_gr-VA==

As for Brightbeak I use it because 90% of the begginners RF guides stated that it was a cheap way to get some fire res along with a very fast attack speed, that will help me leap slap a lot faster to get in and out of fights very quickly. Its also very useful for farming if you ask me.

For the base of my build I used most of
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o8p8Z_1dV8bhuqMIJ_NHg-ODsPidrV76ESw2aQj4uAc/edit#gid=0
It's ZiggyD RF guide, which states that from lvl 68 and so on you shouldnt have any problem using RF without any other uniques than Rise of the Phoenix.

I do use my RubyFlask. I'm gonna link you my stuff

I still play with RF all the time using my Ruby Flask to regen health and my big health flask of dousing to regen health quickly and stock RF whenever i'm in danger.

Oh also I don't understand what makes the Rise of the Phoenix modify your capped fire resistance and not the one between "( )" like the rest of my gear.
Last edited by ElazulTF2 on Mar 28, 2015, 1:27:37 PM
It's the +8% maximum fire resistance mod on it, as opposed to "+20% fire resistance"

This is the passive skill tree breakdown of your passive tree.

You have 210% increased maximum life, which is nice.
You also have 8.4% of Life Regenerated per Second, but you need: 11.9% of life regenerated per second.

So you need to increase your life regen % from the skilltree further.

This is a varied version of your skilltree that has 11.2% of life regenerated per second, but requires about 5 more levels and some respeccing.

I picked up the Arsonist cluster to both get life regen and increase the damage of RF and the Combat Stamina Cluster for further life regen. (Remember that you can search on the Skilltree).

With that and Vitality+Purity of Fire you can run RF without the Ruby Flask and skill regen life.
Last edited by Arviû on Mar 28, 2015, 2:23:51 PM
Thanks for the explaination, I think I got it now !
By the way I just found this amazing helmet (althoug no armor)

I guess the only way I could be running RF from now on is by buying a lot of orbs of regret u_u
Last edited by ElazulTF2 on Mar 28, 2015, 2:51:24 PM
Well you have a lot of respec points that are free, just do all the side quests. And I think you only need like 3 respec points, because I only changed like 3 points(the int nodes above the marauder section.) So just look at the skilltree and figure out the most efficient way to swap the trees around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info