Dual-wield crit Ice Nova -- 89k+ dps -- EZ Atziri Kills!! -- One of the top clear speeds in PoE!

You asked me to write back and let you know how it goes so here I am. I felt I owed you that after you wrote such an excellent guide.

I am almost level 77. This is my 3rd overall character and the 2nd to ever attempt maps so you can pretty much consider me super n00b. But I am really enjoying your build. I have safely and effectively done up to level 72 maps so far and I feel super strong.

The DPS listed on my ice nova is almost 12k which I am loving. You were absolutely correct in that once you hit around 2,200 mana you can run Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Haste, Clarity and Arctic armour. I would love to feel the power of this build that you have enjoyed but since I am so new I don't have the gear...yet! :)

I pick up upgrades as I go and looking at your gears makes me appreciate how amazing items can get in POE - I just need to find them! I also cannot wait until I can enjoy the power of level 20 skill quality gems.

Consider me a huge fan! Any other builds you share wish to share with the community I would be glad to try. Thank you so much again :).

"
sinisista wrote:
You asked me to write back and let you know how it goes so here I am. I felt I owed you that after you wrote such an excellent guide.

I am almost level 77. This is my 3rd overall character and the 2nd to ever attempt maps so you can pretty much consider me super n00b. But I am really enjoying your build. I have safely and effectively done up to level 72 maps so far and I feel super strong.

The DPS listed on my ice nova is almost 12k which I am loving. You were absolutely correct in that once you hit around 2,200 mana you can run Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Haste, Clarity and Arctic armour. I would love to feel the power of this build that you have enjoyed but since I am so new I don't have the gear...yet! :)

I pick up upgrades as I go and looking at your gears makes me appreciate how amazing items can get in POE - I just need to find them! I also cannot wait until I can enjoy the power of level 20 skill quality gems.

Consider me a huge fan! Any other builds you share wish to share with the community I would be glad to try. Thank you so much again :).

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so much. You might actually be a little bit spoiled because as that character gets stronger, you'll feel like any other character has a hard time feeling as powerful.

I'm doing my best to work out a game plan for an ice storm build after the expansion comes out. It'll be using one of the new unique items with item-only skills. Should be a lot of fun!
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
So I respecced an existing HC char to see how it feels - have to say, not bad. Considering I'm using randomly selected gear from my temp league "graveyard" and the char is only lvl64, it's going pretty good. I really like the "in your face" approach especially for a witch, whom I normally play as pure ranged "glass" cannon.
About the only thing that I dislike is the reliance on warp. I prefer walking around the battlefield to warping, but I guess that's just a matter of getting used to the mechanic. And hopefully if they fix desync it will get better.
So far I see this as a viable spec for a first char in temp league - good job creating that guide man :)
I wouldn't recommend levelling with Nova from lvl1 tho. The damage is abysmal. Just go with fire trap till lvl20 or so, or until you can properly support the Nova. Starting damage is extremely bad. Also mana costs are an issue at start, unless you got a full set of Elreon jewellery ready.

cheers
Hello Simplesim45, I started the closed beta following this build, but as you well know there are several changes now (reduced mana, EB, Enduring Cry, etc). So I want to know if you are going to Update this guide. Im level 51 right now and Im enjoying it so far, but im kinda stuck. I would like to read this cool guide updated. By the way Ice Nova is my first non-physical build, so you can assume how hype I am with all about this build :) Let me know if you gonna update this one or other build related with Ice nova or other ele damage in a future.

Thank you.
"
motorlife wrote:
Hello Simplesim45, I started the closed beta following this build, but as you well know there are several changes now (reduced mana, EB, Enduring Cry, etc). So I want to know if you are going to Update this guide. Im level 51 right now and Im enjoying it so far, but im kinda stuck. I would like to read this cool guide updated. By the way Ice Nova is my first non-physical build, so you can assume how hype I am with all about this build :) Let me know if you gonna update this one or other build related with Ice nova or other ele damage in a future.

Thank you.

Hey, I bought the Auxium pack but gave away my beta key because I really am not a fan of character wipes and constant changes that aren't final.

I am keeping an eye out for the changes and will definitely update the guide once act 4 is released and I get a good understanding of the new tree/gems and the possibilities.

There IS a chance that this guide will end up being for shock nova (not sure yet. I really love the freeze of ice nova...but shock nova brings back some big time D2 nostalgia.)

Either way, you can expect an update not too long after act 4 is out of beta.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
motorlife wrote:

Thank you.

Hey, I bought the Auxium pack but gave away my beta key because I really am not a fan of character wipes and constant changes that aren't final.

I am keeping an eye out for the changes and will definitely update the guide once act 4 is released and I get a good understanding of the new tree/gems and the possibilities.

There IS a chance that this guide will end up being for shock nova (not sure yet. I really love the freeze of ice nova...but shock nova brings back some big time D2 nostalgia.)

Either way, you can expect an update not too long after act 4 is out of beta.

Thats great! glad to know it.
Love the build. I'm not using ice nova yet, but use cascade instead. Drills literally trough everything.

How much those demon daggers would cost? I have few daggers. Would they be good for start?

Hi i have this items at the moment , would they fit for this build till i can get more currency to buy better one's
"
sn3kox wrote:
Hi i have this items at the moment , would they fit for this build till i can get more currency to buy better one's

How much vaal sceptre costs?
"
bulldozerr wrote:
Love the build. I'm not using ice nova yet, but use cascade instead. Drills literally trough everything.

How much those demon daggers would cost? I have few daggers. Would they be good for start?

I don,t think any of those daggers are any good. You'd be better off with 2x divinarius.

"
sn3kox wrote:

Anything can fit, but it feels way better once you have crit to permafreeze everything or just install kill it.

If you go too defensive you end up having issues with survivability (oddly enough) because things dont die fast enough and you take way too many hits that you would otherwise not take.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on May 9, 2015, 8:05:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info