Dual-wield crit Ice Nova -- 89k+ dps -- EZ Atziri Kills!! -- One of the top clear speeds in PoE!

I thought I'd make a post for people interested in using a really underrated skill.

Pros

1. The clear speed for all maps is absolutely insane. (I mean one of the best in all of PoE)
2. All bosses are ez/fast kills.
3. Everything is either instantly dead or permanently frozen. (You're virtually invincible)
4. Atziri is an absolute piece of cake.

Cons

1. Reflect packs are a pain to deal with. It's not impossible with purity/flask, you just need to not blindly teleport into one. This is incredibly lessened by the use of cold to fire and a high level arctic armour however.
2. Can't do reflect maps (unless you wanna take your sweet ass time and who likes to do that?)
3. Not quite Uber Atziri viable.(you make up for this with ungodly clear speed on all other content)

MapMods

Here's a breakdown of the significant map mods and what to do if you roll them:

Blood Magic = Turn all your auras off. Slightly less damage and tankiness but can still run the map.
Ele Reflect = Reroll the map.
No regen = Turn off Arctic Armour, change your curse on hit to Warlord's Mark and bring a mana flask in case you don't apply the curse properly. You'll be fine.
Half regen = Turn off arctic armour.
-max res/ele weakness = Avoid reflect packs entirely.

Every other mod is ezpz.

This is the tree optimized for boss killing. We're using Cold to Fire in place of Cold Penetration here.
PvETree

These stats are with 4 power charges + atziri flask which should be almost 100% uptime.

You're probably wondering why I'm not getting the extra power charges when they're so close. Truth be told, I play with friends a lot and it's impossible to keep my charges up with the curse because the build farms so fast that I have to wait for them to catch up. #FirstWorldProblems right?

This is the tree optimized for PvP. We're using Cold Penetration.

I'm using Haste instead of Purity of Ice because I have 3% leech and I know how to be careful with reflect packs. If that's not your case, just stick with Purity of Ice.

Gear

For a 5L option, just take out added cold damage or cold penetration (use cold pen for elemental resistant mobs).

For those who cannot afford the daggers, don't despair! For a long time, I used a doryani's catalyst and a divinarius and this is what the clear speed looked like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bAohfxQ798

Bandits

Norm: Oak
Cruel: Eramir
Merc: Alira

Atziri Strategy.
Swap Ice Nova and Added Cold for Arctic Breath and GMP when killing the overseers, the trio and atziri.
Swap the CWDT gem of the cold snap/temp chains setup with purity of fire for the Atziri fight and turn off Haste/Purity of Ice.

With some practice, you'll find the right position to be in for proper shotgunning of Arctic Breath.

Mapping
You can kill all bosses pretty fast with nova if you have the gear for it. If you don't, then I would advise switching to GMP + AB against certain bosses like crematorium, palace, necropolis, etc. Especially if you're in a party.

With my current gear, I can play in parties of 6 and clear packs of mobs before anyone gets to land a skill/spell.

If you have good gear and want to spam mid tier maps (72-76), you can take out concentrated effect and put in increased area of effect instead for a nova that looks like this:

PvP
As you can see, I also tried my hand at PvP with this setup. So far it performs relatively well. Not top tier material, but I barely queue and I'm hanging around the top 20 when I do queue. If you want to make this into an actual PvPer it might be a good idea to get traps on swap or a ranged spell with power charge on crit.

If you guys need/want more information just post here and I can edit the post to make it look pretty and stuff.

!!VIDEOS!!

Atziri kill(With Cold to Fire instead of Cold Pen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxUQMsdrEI

2:30 Gorge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7J-UCJxOr8

Level 78 Palace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3u3iOd1wVc
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on May 15, 2015, 6:03:08 PM
First ! ;)

Looks pretty cool and Intressting for me... Thread saved...

Maybe you can show us some Sexy Videos ( High lvl Map or Atziri Run ) ?

Also will be intressting if you can a little bit talk about the Levling Process and Gem Setups how we can lvl this build fast as possible

Also what you think about the survivability ?

Nice Build ! Cheers
Last edited by PWFTrojaner on Mar 21, 2015, 6:12:34 PM
video??????? screen shot?? something to show proof? Thanks
"
PWFTrojaner wrote:
First ! ;)

Looks pretty cool and Intressting for me... Thread saved...

Maybe you can show us some Sexy Videos ( High lvl Map or Atziri Run ) ?

Also will be intressting if you can a little bit talk about the Levling Process and Gem Setups how we can lvl this build fast as possible

Also what you think about the survivability ?

Nice Build ! Cheers

I'll try to record some videos tomorrow of maps and atziri.

I'll also edit the first post with extra info now and then. The thread was currently more of a placeholder so I could show some friends my setup.

And to answer your question about survivability, like I said, things either die instantly or are permanently frozen. 2% leech is more than enough. The only issue you'll EVER encounter is reflect.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Added some videos. I'll add more tomorrow as well
Added a level 78 palace video.
Bump
Nice variation bro. GG ice nova so underrate and FUN:)

gz on PvP prowess.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 24, 2015, 2:50:33 AM
So basically the build is not party-viable? And barely viable to go past 90?

I played those. You hit reflect in a party and instantly die. In most cases you don't see reflect aura because of all effects going off.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
So basically the build is not party-viable? And barely viable to go past 90?

I played those. You hit reflect in a party and instantly die. In most cases you don't see reflect aura because of all effects going off.

How is this not party viable? I clear things before anyone gets to touch a mob in a party.

When I say "be careful with reflect" it doesn't mean you're paralyzed and disabled. Just pop atziri flask and a cold resist flask and you're fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info