Where is my untainted paradise?

"
crystalwitch wrote:
Meanwhile there's some poor player who's just trying to get a map pool but hasn't had anything except Untainted Paradises for 2 weeks.

not to be a party pooper, but even if zana opens an UP every 10 maps on average, the probability of getting 14 UPs in a row is 1 in 10^14

"
grepman wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Meanwhile there's some poor player who's just trying to get a map pool but hasn't had anything except Untainted Paradises for 2 weeks.

not to be a party pooper, but even if zana opens an UP every 10 maps on average, the probability of getting 14 UPs in a row is 1 in 10^14

http://tinyurl.com/7qz2dcs
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Mar 20, 2015, 8:36:47 PM
Why do u even want to play it its nerfed to the ground....wont get much from it, especialy if u are high lvl
IGN: Puskurcina
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
RNG.

remember that bully in school that takes everyone's lunch money, and is a couple years older and much bigger than everyone else - so no one dares stand up to him (and rightly so)?
that's RNG.
he'll take your lunch money, beat you up, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.

and GGG are apparently so happy with the way "boy wonder" turned up, they must be pissing themselves with joy each time RNG screws someone.
completely randomly.
just like that bully who occasionally just beat the crap out of someone for looking to the left instead of to the right, just because he's "feeling right" for the current 5 minutes.

"

lol hahahahhahah

Yeah and also let's blatantly ignore any time that RNG works in someone's favor, you know, for convenience of argument's sake.

That is when the bully beats you up and steals $20. You are so sad you leave school early and run home. While running you trip and find a $100 bill on the ground. You get home and post online and brag to all your friends how you found $100. Then you realize had the bully not beaten you up you wouldn't have left school early and found the $100 bill to make $80 in profit. So you get to school the next day and go up to thank the bully. And he punches you in the face.

then takes your $100.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
Why do u even want to play it its nerfed to the ground....wont get much from it, especialy if u are high lvl

Would've been nice to get the full clear challenge done.
Then just go to global 820 and beg people for untainted paradise. This is really not hard. If you insist on being self-found, your probably of doing rng-gated challenges is drastically lower than if you compromise and just solo *most* content.
"
rng-gated challenges

quoted the part that caught my eye.
there should be no god damned RNG-gated challenges.
a challenge is a challenge, and you can either do it or you can't, based on your playing skills, quality of build/gear and whatnot.
and if you can't, you should do other challenges, train, and build up you character until you can.

RNG has no fkn place in deciding what content a player will/won't run.
but to GGG, RNG has a place in every fucking part of the game, it seems, no matter if it actually belongs there or not.
makes my fkn blood boil, how Chris and co' actually thought that would ever be a good idea.
makes my arteries burst, how they still think so, and for years just avoid changing stuff that outright ruin a player's experience in an otherwise brilliantly good game.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Where is my untainted paradise?

High variance RNG took it.

I had two in the last ~20hrs of gameplay. One in Bloodlines (chickened out halfway through it, after near-rip at 20+ blue devourer pack. nty) and one in Standard.

Next time Ill remember to offer it in global, since people still care about this (severely nerfed) map.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
rng-gated challenges

quoted the part that caught my eye.
there should be no god damned RNG-gated challenges.
a challenge is a challenge, and you can either do it or you can't, based on your playing skills, quality of build/gear and whatnot.
and if you can't, you should do other challenges, train, and build up you character until you can.

RNG has no fkn place in deciding what content a player will/won't run.
but to GGG, RNG has a place in every fucking part of the game, it seems, no matter if it actually belongs there or not.
makes my fkn blood boil, how Chris and co' actually thought that would ever be a good idea.
makes my arteries burst, how they still think so, and for years just avoid changing stuff that outright ruin a player's experience in an otherwise brilliantly good game.

there is no rng in challenges as players keep offering currency for them.
even in global 820 although it's a channel for sharing stuff.

so if you don't get that paradise challenge, you're simply not offering enough.

btw: i got mine in a 820 zana sharing group for free when we did one guys daily and my turn shortly after brought another paradise instance, that's real rng.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The funny thing is that everytime I get it I just type in /abandon_daily . and move on. It is a complete waste of time once you are in your high 80"s lower 90's If they added drops back to it than maybe it would be worth doing, maybe. The danger factor from massive groups of devoureres greatly out weighs any benefit of the experience gained. i.e. I'm not risking 10% of my experience for less than 5% pre 90 and less than 1% after 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info