Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Where is my untainted paradise?

So, in conclusion, zana is a big bag of dicks who deserves to be sodomized by a mutated rhoa.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
rng-gated challenges

quoted the part that caught my eye.
there should be no god damned RNG-gated challenges.
a challenge is a challenge, and you can either do it or you can't, based on your playing skills, quality of build/gear and whatnot.
and if you can't, you should do other challenges, train, and build up you character until you can.

RNG has no fkn place in deciding what content a player will/won't run.
but to GGG, RNG has a place in every fucking part of the game, it seems, no matter if it actually belongs there or not.
makes my fkn blood boil, how Chris and co' actually thought that would ever be a good idea.
makes my arteries burst, how they still think so, and for years just avoid changing stuff that outright ruin a player's experience in an otherwise brilliantly good game.

you keep playing the wrong game for you, one that doesnt do any good for your health, and you still continue ? are you addicted at this point ?
Better just buy it if you want it that much. It's like 5C at most.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
GGG could i have somekind of answer why around 350 zana missions isn't enough to get untainted?
[Removed by Support]
"
GGG could i have somekind of answer why around 350 zana missions isn't enough to get untainted?
[Removed by Support].
study basic theory of probability

calling GGG [Removed by Support] is beyond childish
"
grepman wrote:
"
[Removed by Support].

calling GGG gay is beyond childish

Yeah, i know, but i'm fucking furious. Study probability you say? i'd say with 350 missions it should be pretty fucking probable wouldn't u say? So the question really is, do YOU understand probability?
the problem isn't Probability, Grepman.
Probability is a beautiful side of Mathematics I really enjoyed learning. both basic and more advanced.

the problem, is GGG's specific RNG implementation, the absurdly enormous variance it creates, and the seemingly complete lack of any kind of biasing in favour of what the player is doing ("earning good RNG").
the problem, is doing what no ARPG does: deliberately create a situation, where both endless frustration for the player no matter what he/she does, and completely unjustified "over-rewarding" no matter what the player does - are very real and very possible outcomes.

and when the same, completely fkn "troll" RNG implementation "does its thing" in content too - holding a lock to it - that's just bloody infuriating really.

and yes, I am most definitely addicted to Path Of Exile.
if I wasn't, I wouldn't let the brilliantly good parts of it still bring me such joy, years into the game, nor would I let the fkn mind-numbingly terrible parts of it, get on my nerves so much.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
"
grepman wrote:
"
[Removed by Support].

calling GGG gay is beyond childish

Yeah, i know, but i'm fucking furious. Study probability you say? i'd say with 350 missions it should be pretty fucking probable wouldn't u say? So the question really is, do YOU understand probability?
yes, I understand probability.

if zana has a set chance of let's say 1 in 100 of opening UP, the chance of you NOT getting it in 350 missions is 3%. that's a pretty decent chance.

couple it with a fact zana's dailies are probably more weighted toward UP than zana in wild, and with me doubting you actually did 350 zana missions...and you get your result.

if you did 200 missions and not 350 missions as you claim, your % of not getting it would be 13%
"
johnKeys wrote:
the problem isn't Probability, Grepman.
Probability is a beautiful side of Mathematics I really enjoyed learning. both basic and more advanced.

the problem, is GGG's specific RNG implementation, the absurdly enormous variance it creates, and the seemingly complete lack of any kind of biasing in favour of what the player is doing ("earning good RNG").
the problem, is doing what no ARPG does: deliberately create a situation, where both endless frustration for the player no matter what he/she does, and completely unjustified "over-rewarding" no matter what the player does - are very real and very possible outcomes.

and when the same, completely fkn "troll" RNG implementation "does its thing" in content too - holding a lock to it - that's just bloody infuriating really.

and yes, I am most definitely addicted to Path Of Exile.
if I wasn't, I wouldn't let the brilliantly good parts of it still bring me such joy, years into the game, nor would I let the fkn mind-numbingly terrible parts of it, get on my nerves so much.

RNG cannot be troll. it just is. RNG in its purest form is extremely fair.

the problem is that you want it to be something that its not. you want the game to somehow make it up to you when you 'lose' the RNG roll. when you talk about biasing in favor of player, you already undermining the actual 'fair' RNG. you want the RNG to be a gambler's fallacy RNG. you want some crap like in d3 when after x time with no 'good event' the game will spit out a pity unique/drop/whatever.

if you ever played poker, a 75%-25% heads-up odds is a HUGE advantage in poker, yet, 1 out of every 4 times the person having an advantage will LOSE.

my point is, math probability IS beautiful, but thats not the probability you want in the game. you want a perverted version that favors the player. not a fair one.
"
Zguza_Do_Suz4 wrote:
Why do u even want to play it its nerfed to the ground....wont get much from it, especialy if u are high lvl

Have to agree with you on this one, I've had 2 so far one before and one after the nerf, and boy what a difference. The one before was actually fun and worthwhile doing, and the one after the nerf, was boring and a waste of time IMHO. Got loads of exp in the first one with a relatively high character, second time round hardly got any exp with a lower level character which I thought would get nice exp due to the map. So its not that great anymore, nerf was too harsh as usual.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info