Stun... physical damage only?Not in POE

I mean I think a big elemental spell (something like Discharge) should still be capable of stun (assuming the targets don't outright die) I could get behind increasing stun threshold on non-physical sources by a great amount. So with physical it'd be 'easier' to stun, but I don't think isolating stun purely to physical makes sense.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
I've personally had a lot of success stunning enemies with:

1. My Elemental aura archer (TS)
2. My CI Crit Arcer

Both these builds use Warlord's Mark for extra life leech.
It does a lot for stuns.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Most stun builds focus on physical because of where the stun mods are in the tree. I would have put stun only on physical, and only on melee. The idea of a ranged stun is really strong.
I actually started the discussion because i asked if a stun bower was a viable idea... was interested by the idea because of Craghead's 25%

makes me wonder... :D
d:-D*
Make stun phys- and melee- only IMO. Range is good enough and has knockback on crit with bows anyway, and spells/ele have freeze/burn/shock ofc. (saying this as a ranged main)
It has never been a problem before, and it's not a problem now. Don't attempt to fix what isn't broken, I'd say.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Most stun builds focus on physical because of where the stun mods are in the tree. I would have put stun only on physical, and only on melee. The idea of a ranged stun is really strong.
I actually started the discussion because i asked if a stun bower was a viable idea... was interested by the idea because of Craghead's 25%

It's extremely strong. And IMO best done by the duelist. Go down the attack speed area -> projectile damage area, then pick up all the stun nodes in the tree. Add a +1 quiver and run Ice Shot + Chain. It is hilarious. Not only do u chill and freeze, but everything stays perma stunned.
always wondered, why spells can stun...

there are mechanics in the game I don't agree with, but which at least make sense logically.
like Armour for example: really don't like the "bigger hit = less mitigation" thing, but yeah if you are a heavy-armoured tank and you get hit by a Nuke, it's not going to save you.

spells that stun, are something else.
if you get hit by a huge magical fireball, there are a couple possible outcomes.
"dead", or "burning", for example.
"stunned", isn't one of them. it makes no sense. you got hit by energy, not a Cannonball.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 20, 2015, 3:09:48 PM
The fireball explodes though, which at the very least knocks you off-balance, making you incapable of taking actions that do not involve not-falling-on-your-ass. Mechanically, that amounts to a Stun.
A cannonball will only knock you around if there is an amount of energy behind it (but not enough for it to just rip straight through). Gunpowder isn't exactly magic, but energy is energy.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 20, 2015, 3:20:37 PM
in wraeclast, stun doesnt relate to physical damage at all. its another penalty a top of spikey damage in proportion to your health

if you dont like it called 'stun' because it reminds you of other games, you can call it 'wreck'

why SHOULD it be only physical damage?

now, imo in the game the bigger problem is YOU dont reliably stun with elemental damage even if you repeatedly dish out huge crits at high cast/attack speed. the only reliable semi-perma stun are using ground slam, which is usually made a physical build anyway (in current meta at least)

Stun == Things got hit really hard
Stun nodes/gems == You go for the balls/joints/CoG

Why wouldn't it be fine? The only weapon that "screams" stun is maces, because of the initiate ability. But thats the best part about the game: Only melee gains favors, such as exclusive trigger gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info