Stun... physical damage only?Not in POE

Been talking about that on Global this morning and a majority seem to be not understanding why elemental damage can stun. Biggest arguments that came out was "Fire has burn, lightning has shock and cold has freeze so Stun is to be physical" and " Stun has always been a physical damage related mechanic throughout ARpg history"

so what do you think about this? curious to see commnunity's point of view

http://strawpoll.me/3911761

Note: Before some salty people start to whine and blame me for trying to change the game. Im not, im just curious to know if im the only one that thinks that it doesnt make sense in term of argp logic
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Mar 19, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
Most stun builds focus on physical because of where the stun mods are in the tree. I would have put stun only on physical, and only on melee. The idea of a ranged stun is really strong.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 19, 2015, 9:48:33 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Most stun builds focus on physical because of where the stun mods are in the tree. I would have put stun only on physical, and only on melee. The idea of a ranged stun is really strong.
I actually started the discussion because i asked if a stun bower was a viable idea... was interested by the idea because of Craghead's 25%
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Totally agree. The crematorium boss is retarded for three reasons:

- stupidly big AoE
- dmg almost always stuns you and locks you into getting hit more
- it's firestorm so you get the lovely minigame of 'am i desynced and actually eating crap right now when I think I'm dancing around the edge of it?'

Spells get enough benefits, including an inability to be evaded/miss.
Yeah, I'd agree with making stun physical-only, but stun threshold stuff would have to get stronger; as it stands even stunners generally need things like HoA/hatred/added fire/etc to secure stuns, and losing the influence of '% physical damage as added damage' stuff would hurt their chances.

The other thing I'd probably want revised about stuns (while GGG would be at it) is having stuns calculated based on pre-crit damage. I don't think crits should be able to help in generating stuns; as it is crits have an awful lot going for them (even if surgeon's flask and status ailments on crit were deleted). Incidentally, this would help out in making it difficult for ranged attacks to generate stuns, so i don't think they'd need to go as far as restricting stuns to melee damage only.
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 19, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
was among the first things i thought about when i started playing. it made no sense that spell casters could stun so easily and figured it's the main reason they are so OP.
the basic logic was that, assuming equal-ish dps, the time it takes for a melee to get to the mob then kill is/will be equalized by the time it takes to a spell caster to strafe then kill it.
but they don't have to kite/strife anything because they stun mobs so easily.
If stun passives were more available to casters...

then there would only ever be casters.

OP.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
If stun passives were more available to casters...

then there would only ever be casters.

OP.
this gives more than the whole tree does all source combined
In D3 as far as I remember any type of damage can occasionally stun and the dedicated stun skills also have elemental conversions now.

PoE is about being creative, but stuns are still biased toward physical (mace skills, placement of passives, Doryani belt etc.).

Actually my current char is an RT stunlocker and i had the same thought
with mace there 32% reduction stun thresold in tree + 15% from mace + 15 from belt

Generally you put Heavy strike with Stun gem only and you are able to stunlock everything that can be stunlocked with 20-25k dps tooltip on it and trash/magic mob are easily stunted with a 14k groud slam tooltip (with endurance on melee stun)

I think it would be totally possible to do a stunlocker caster or archer with stun mastery wheel (you only loose 32% reduce thresold without mace node) but should compensated as caster and archer with crit can do easily more dps than 20k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info