Why high tier uniques can drop on a easy farm spot like dominus ?

"
Because theres a ton of mind numbingly boring players like you that farm Piety/Dom day in and day out, hell, I know a guy that 95 days into Bloodlines he is still doing Piety runs every day religiously.

I will never understand how do you cope with yourselves

Mind if i ignore the first part of your answer ? i'm not fan of attacks like this one.

This is not a religious thing this is about want to get better gears for the build you are testing / customize and fact is dominus allow to achieve this goal in an easier way and more efficient way than mapping.
This is not easy in the sense you can get nothing at all in a day except chaos recipe spam + Alt + some decent leveling rare + some other currencies and superior gems. This is easy in the sense it's a two min boss with 0 difficulty.

"
I would like you to explain how you can get easy endgame unique farming dominus?

Ok i will explain.
Run to the roof: 25/45 sec
Kill adds and dominus: Around a min
Number of drops: Around 100 ( it's a lot of alteration already ).
Number of chaos recipe per hour: Usually i can do at least 8 / 10
Number of decent rare sellable: 2/3 per day maybe
Adding to that mid and high drops and yeah it's easy assuming mapping don't let you get these currencies in this time even with more difficulty.

:)

"
It sound like a drug addict asking his furnisher to make the drug price higher so he can stop.

I don't know i never tried drugs can you explain me ? Or at least stop stupid attacks like this one -_- i'm asking for an opinion not for comment like that.

"
They will 100% nerf Dominus drops when act 4 and it's final boss comes out , don't you worry about it .

Can you provide more informations about that maybe the forum thread talking about that ? would be appreciated.
Hf :)
Because dom is like lvl 70 thus he can drop lvl 70 or below uniques?

its not like he has a better chance to drop it... i farmed dom (and still do) for like a month only doing him like 30 times a day and i didn't get a mjol (but i did get a soul taker some time after these runs)

Try doing dom with no culler like us hardcore people :D
Well it's relative. I'm burning a lot of maps per day too and in a year i dropped only one endgame unique in a random party. 0 while playing alone.
Dominus run probably furnish more than 50% of the market ( for uniques ).

"

On my way :) i started an HC character few days ago.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Well it's relative. I'm burning a lot of maps per day too and in a year i dropped only one endgame unique in a random party. 0 while playing alone.
Dominus run probably furnish more than 50% of the market ( for uniques ).

"

On my way :) i started an HC character few days ago.

I didn't mean in HC :P i play in SC but you* uses a culler to kill (so you* don't need to wear mf gear) i wear my own mf gear while i kill dom :D

edited cuase saying *he* ws weird when i was talking to you lol
Last edited by Lynerus on Mar 18, 2015, 12:44:56 PM
"
Why endgame uniques can drop on a easy farm spot like dominus ?

Because 'gaem is hardcore'? :P

Meh, I already wrote several times how Poe has no loot system. Throwing truckloads of RNG everywhere is not a loot system. Gated uniques and Atziri drops are a timid try at a loot system, but way too marginal to matter...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Because 'gaem is hardcore'? :P

Meh, I already wrote several times how Poe has no loot system. Throwing truckloads of RNG everywhere is not a loot system. Gated uniques and Atziri drops are a timid try at a loot system, but way too marginal to matter...

I think the atziri system is really appreciated but maybe i'm wrong i can't talk for all players.
Just some things to keep in mind:

1. Not all uniques can drop with Dominus, so there's still incentive to tackle maps.

2. Just because something can drop, it doesn't mean it will drop. Otherwise Wraeclast would be swimming in Mjolnir's and that's just not the case.

3. It's not all about uniques, that's a total noob trap. Good rare items often outperform uniques, or are at least necessary to offset the downside to some uniques and in my experience the best rares are found in maps. Sure, you get a bunch from a Dominus run but the mods are typically not fantastic.

4. Why do some people feel the need to endlessly nerf stuff when the average player is actually enjoying a function of the game? Yes Dominus is a good location to farm for the chaos recipe which helps solo players like me afford the odd cool item, but it's hardly a game breaking device. The last item I purchased was a rare robe for my Witch by the way. Much better than any unique out there.

5. It appears that your genuine grievance is actually with the RNG return with maps, so you should actually make that the focus of your concerns rather than recommending a negative change to another aspect of the game.

6. Playing solo I wasn't able to easily farm Dominus until after I had levelled up by playing a lot of maps. I don't have any issues with the current difficulty level or reward return with Dominus farming.

7. Act 4 will no doubt change a lot of how we currently play, so relax till then :)
Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Mar 18, 2015, 3:31:31 PM
OP's argument fails on the one fact that Mjölner is worth what it is currently worth.

"Easy" to get items goes for a chaos or two.
--== Enjoying the game ==--
Last edited by Twiiik on Mar 18, 2015, 3:47:20 PM
"
Milchut wrote:
"
"
lolozori wrote:
I would like you to explain how you can get easy endgame unique farming dominus?

How many hours a day farming him? Because when I put my 400-100 items and try 1-2h farming all I get is alts and low level uniques.

If you tell me it is too easy for people who farm dom for 12h to drop one end-game item then my notion of easy is not the same than yours for sure.

Also if you think this is easy then stop doing it. It sound like a drug addict asking his furnisher to make the drug price higher so he can stop.

roflmao, yeah, you definitely don't have a reasonable notion of "easy". 2 hours would be literally baby-mode.

Not seeing a huge rift between the terms "baby-mode" and "easy"

ha xD
"
jebroni wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:

Other idea would be to increase difficulty of dominus but that make no sense for player who just want to complete all quest.

Just copy what pokemon games do. Easy on quest, after that it's a rematch and dominus is a lot stronger.

We have that in a sense. Dominus shows up twice in the real endgame. First in Residence and then in the Palace Map. He is formidable. Though the loot he drops is generally speaking garbage without a culler.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info