Why high tier uniques can drop on a easy farm spot like dominus ?

The whole risk vs reward thing in this game is wrong.Wanna farm alts,sellable uniques?Do safe dominus runs with 400/100 culler on your alt accont.Wanna sustain your 77+map pool?Alt maps for 40+% packsize then regal it,throw some sacrifice fragments inside for easy map which will grant you more exp and more maps.There is no point in doing hard content or maps in this game.Thats simply wrong.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 18, 2015, 4:47:07 PM
"
1. Not all uniques can drop with Dominus, so there's still incentive to tackle maps.

True.

"
2. Just because something can drop, it doesn't mean it will drop. Otherwise Wraeclast would be swimming in Mjolnir's and that's just not the case.

Not so true just check the number of mjolner for sell in torment league ( assuming a lot are not for sell cause people use it )

"
3. It's not all about uniques, that's a total noob trap. Good rare items often outperform uniques, or are at least necessary to offset the downside to some uniques and in my experience the best rares are found in maps. Sure, you get a bunch from a Dominus run but the mods are typically not fantastic.

Totaly agree with the fact rare items outperforming many uniques. Do not forgot lot of build are based on unique modifiers that can't be find on rare items tought.
So now explain me why i find usually better rare on dominus or even on gneiss than 78 maps ?
The only decent rare from mapping i have are alch result or chance result but not " normal drop " result.

"
4. Why do some people feel the need to endlessly nerf stuff when the average player is actually enjoying a function of the game? Yes Dominus is a good location to farm for the chaos recipe which helps solo players like me afford the odd cool item, but it's hardly a game breaking device. The last item I purchased was a rare robe for my Witch by the way. Much better than any unique out there.

Why do some people feel the need to nuke all thread forum talking about possible change in the game ? :)
I respect your opinion so respect mine right ? And my opinion is MF should be oriented on hard part and not of totaly non sense random.

"
5. It appears that your genuine grievance is actually with the RNG return with maps, so you should actually make that the focus of your concerns rather than recommending a negative change to another aspect of the game.

Again it's relative to your opinion so in any case it's not a fact. This change can be negative or positive depending of people not depending of the change himself.
I think it will be positive cause it could add something new to the game instead of stucking in this old rng system.

"
6. Playing solo I wasn't able to easily farm Dominus until after I had levelled up by playing a lot of maps. I don't have any issues with the current difficulty level or reward return with Dominus farming.

I don't remember having any troubles after 65/70 level to kill him easy with any of my previous builds. Topaz / granite / staunching and job done.

"
7. Act 4 will no doubt change a lot of how we currently play, so relax till then :)

I'm super ultra relax and would offer a beer to all players taking two mins to answer this forum thread :) Thanks for your honest answers.

"
We have that in a sense. Dominus shows up twice in the real endgame. First in Residence and then in the Palace Map. He is formidable. Though the loot he drops is generally speaking garbage without a culler.

So far the only map boss who have been rewarding in my case with culler is the crematorium fire fury.
Dominus palace so far dropped me few decent rare ( 3/4 maybe ) and only garbage uniques.

"
The whole risk vs reward thing in this game is wrong.Wanna farm alts,sellable uniques?Do safe dominus runs with 400/100 culler on your alt accont.Wanna sustain your 77+map pool?Alt maps for 40+% packsize then regal it,throw some sacrifice fragments inside for easy map which will grant you more exp and more maps.There is no point in doing hard content or maps in this game.Thats simply wrong.

Exactly what i'm pointing. I'm enjoying this expression " Risk vs Reward " i could have just asked for these three words to clarify what i want trough this thread ahah :)

( As far i remember roll on uniques dropped on high level maps are usually better but not sure anyone can confirm so yeah in this case if it's true it is rewarding )
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 18, 2015, 5:19:12 PM
You should nerf ur ideas.. People getting bored nonsense nerfs already. I'm not dominus farmer but; let people farm dominus to get some currency. Everyone can't kill princess atziri. All games got different bosses to farm items/unique. Some of them easy some of them hard!
I felt as though the Torment economy hit the perfect sweet spot in terms of wealth development.

Of course this could just be good RNG giving me the impression that it was a smooth ride for everybody, but in my experience I never once hit a wealth wall where I needed a massive amount of cash for the next upgrade (at least not until I was at the point where the only thing I could do was six-link my chest and chrome RRRR on a non-r item).

I guess I can only hope everybody else will have a simalr experience as I once the next expansion goes live.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Uniques are build enablers, so it makes sense for them to be farmable. Rares are the real end game items, the best affixes can't drop outside of high end maps.
Unique like shav / mjolner are not build enablers but cherry on top for build or at least that was the case before something changed ? :)

I'm totaly agree that rare are the way to go but still sad about the fact the good rare can nearly be obtainable only with crafting and REALLY REALLY rarely in drops.

Atm i feel i find more valuable rare items by farming even GNEISS than 78 maps.
They should push top tier uniques like Shavs and Mjolner to 75+lvl map only drops...
Risk vs Reward doesn't exists in this game.
I prefer high level mapping beacuse it's fun and hard somethimes but when i really need currency i'm doing some brainless runs while watching tv.
Why would someone run 78lvl 150q map when you can run Dominus for 2 hours and make 5 times more curreny?? It doesn't make sense.
I pray every day for complete removal of iir from the game, that will encourage players to actually play the game..
Wanna good drops? Play the hardest content.
"
Majmun wrote:
They should push top tier uniques like Shavs and Mjolner to 75+lvl map only drops...
I prefer high level mapping beacuse it's fun and hard somethimes but when i really need currency i'm doing some brainless runs while watching tv.
Why would someone run 78lvl 150q map when you can run Dominus for 2 hours and make 5 times more curreny?? It doesn't make sense.
I pray every day for complete removal of iir from the game, that will encourage players to actually play the game..

+1 agree on everything.

Players should be encouraged to push forward into harder zones, to get better rewards. But instead someone twatting easy Dominus for free, will end up 10x wealthier & better geared than someone doing hard maps (and paying for them on top of that).

Sure, leveling past 80 can be comfortably done only in maps, but when you have the wealth, you can buy any map you want, without having to deal with the frustration of building your map pool. Gear makes a character more powerful than levels anyway.

It's a totally messed up design, imo (for a supposedly hardcore game), that encourages easy safe gameplay.

Most if not all top tier uniques should be map-only. IIQ & IIR should be removed from gear and instead put into gameplay mechanics (eg. of this already existing: Mao Kun boss drops more stuff the harder you hit him). Mechanics can then be gated into appropriate (dynamic) difficulties.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"

I'm enjoying the idea of removing IIR from gears and gem to include it in hardest content instead.
Guess it has already been suggested to GGG by the past i've read some old thread talking about that.

It would be an huge change to the core-game but making sense.
It's not an easy choice for GGG and have to be hardly studied cause the impact could be a total victory or a total fail aswell depending on how they doing it.
It's always easier for a comp to add content than removing it from core-game, customers ( players ) don't accept everything so it has to be the good choice directly ( and a win win ) or your loose money / userbase / popularity etc ...

"
Players should be encouraged to push forward into harder zones, to get better rewards. But instead someone twatting easy Dominus for free, will end up 10x wealthier & better geared than someone doing hard maps (and paying for them on top of that).

500% agree with you.
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 20, 2015, 10:50:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info