Why high tier uniques can drop on a easy farm spot like dominus ?

Hello i'm Crashtest i have ran a lot on dominus as a culler and as runner in domination / ambush / rampage / torment / standard ..

I'm creating this thread cause i'm really astonished GGG still not nerf dominus drops ( or yeah they did it with IIQ nerf on uniques nvm ).

Or maybe we don't give the same sense for " hardcore game " cause i can't understand why a top tier unique like mjolner could drop on a 70 boss possible to kill in not even 2minutes.

I made lot of currencies by just killing dom alone or in party and has been able to complete nearly all of my previous characters and tend to say lot of people don't go for harder content endgame cause after all why go for hardcore part if we can get all we need in an easy spot ?

Sooo here is my opinion i hope to see yours too cause seriously it would be really appreciated to nerf it and aside that make mapping slightly more rewarding ( actually it is for currencies but again lot of people don't understand alching a map who give you 4 chroms + 1 chance + 1 fus + few alt and some lucky box + maps drop + some item sellable is already a reward ).
Doing 2xPalace dominus with 300IIR and few IIQ for not even a decent rare is ... boring.

Clearly what i want is the more area you play is hard the more it's rewarding.
Played a corrupted courtyard 137% with all freaking bad modifiers existing in this game and get a sacrifice at dusk on 2xBoss is ... well i already explained it upper.

Other idea would be to increase difficulty of dominus but that make no sense for player who just want to complete all quest.

Sooo lets start the flame party ! :p

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 20, 2015, 10:52:47 PM
Because when they disabled the most wanted uniques from dropping in sub-map content the wailing on the forums was so loud Chris Wilson couldn't sleep anymore so they had to revert.

It turns out there are a lot of players who don't want to run difficult maps but still want to achieve high gear level in their own pace. And it turns out GGG doesn't want to lose those players.

Thanks for your answer Zed :)
Hf :)
Why not?
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
"
Heli0nix wrote:

Other idea would be to increase difficulty of dominus but that make no sense for player who just want to complete all quest.

Just copy what pokemon games do. Easy on quest, after that it's a rematch and dominus is a lot stronger.
Because theres a ton of mind numbingly boring players like you that farm Piety/Dom day in and day out, hell, I know a guy that 95 days into Bloodlines he is still doing Piety runs every day religiously.

I will never understand how do you cope with yourselves
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
I would like you to explain how you can get easy endgame unique farming dominus?

How many hours a day farming him? Because when I put my 400-100 items and try 1-2h farming all I get is alts and low level uniques.

If you tell me it is too easy for people who farm dom for 12h to drop one end-game item then my notion of easy is not the same than yours for sure.

Also if you think this is easy then stop doing it. It sound like a drug addict asking his furnisher to make the drug price higher so he can stop.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Mar 18, 2015, 7:46:12 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
I would like you to explain how you can get easy endgame unique farming dominus?

How many hours a day farming him? Because when I put my 400-100 items and try 1-2h farming all I get is alts and low level uniques.

If you tell me it is too easy for people who farm dom for 12h to drop one end-game item then my notion of easy is not the same than yours for sure.

Also if you think this is easy then stop doing it. It sound like a drug addict asking his furnisher to make the drug price higher so he can stop.

roflmao, yeah, you definitely don't have a reasonable notion of "easy". 2 hours would be literally baby-mode.
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 18, 2015, 10:42:28 AM
They will 100% nerf Dominus drops when act 4 and it's final boss comes out , don't you worry about it .
"
"
lolozori wrote:

roflmao, yeah, you definitely don't have a reasonable notion of "easy". 2 hours would be literally baby-mode.

Not seeing a huge rift between the terms "baby-mode" and "easy"
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info