[2.0 HC Updated] Montreguls Block Summoner with SRS

cool, instead of srs or raising spectre I want to use animate weapon instead because I like the concept, what do you think and how can I make it work?

this way i dont need cast speed for SRS and can use Auromorax
Last edited by appetite on Apr 2, 2015, 10:30:57 AM
I don't see any problems with it. I never got into the animate weapons mechanics due to having to constantly look for weapons.. sounds tedious to me, but I also know it works very well.

If it were me, I'd use the Chest 4L/5L to support Animate Weapon since I assume you plan to summon them in mass.

Since you don't want to use Spectre, I would replace Bones of Ullr with a high Armor or hybrid Armor + ES boot with high IIR and increase your MF even more. I would use this 4L to setup a CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration.
Hi ! So I read and read and read but cant find which spectre you use...can you tell me please ?

And why increased duration link to spectre (I guess I will understand after you tell which one it is) ?

Looks like a fun build to start with for the new league starting in few hours (and the fact that I havent play the game really much for over a year now hehe).

Thanks !
Trying this build atm. I noticed that one skill point can be saved near EB (if dex is needed, that +30 node can be taken which is better than 2 +10's ^^): Skill tree link
Last edited by Blah on May 13, 2015, 4:32:27 AM
@Blah, thanks for the fix to tree. You're correct, I can get 10 more dex or 1 extra skill point using your modification. I hope the build is working out for you so far. On HC, my summoner is now level 87.5 and still rocking all content.

@Bozo, sorry for my late reply. I use Undying Evangelists from Sceptre of Gods. The increased duration is so the bubble Evangelists cast will stay up longer. I hope you're trying out the build, it's a very strong low maintenance summoner build.

I love the build but I totally hate SRS haha I gonna make some change and dont use it, I prefer managing my summons rather summoning them all the time and this way Im able to get out whenever I want.

But anyway this league is tooootally anti summoner haha
Great build, I managed to reach lvl 60. Then I met Magnus Cheesethorn and you can guess the rest. I had almost capped fire res and 3k hp + three auras and lvl 10 AA running (I had enough mana regen to maintain lvl11).
Just a few more levels and the build would've come into full power. I believe at 60, power is starting to ramp, but you would be missing key nodes for either minions or personal defense.
I got this far: Passive tree

I had +1 to gems on my weapon and 17% quality minion life, which boosted my zombies nicely. I really had no trouble clearing content, some invasion/high lvl beyond bosses were a bit tricky though, I skipped them only few times. Magnus was just very unfair encounter. I met him once on cruel and he was pretty annoying to deal with but not really dangerous tho.
Bump for awesome build. Humbly requesting a 2.0 version!

EDIT: You can save a lot of points in 2.0. I tried to transcribe your LVL85 build into the 2.0 offline builder. Guessing you won't want to use EB, and the Chaos Res / HP nodes near Templar start looked tempting. Jewel slots and stat nodes are 1 click away when needed pretty much.
Last edited by DB42 on Jul 10, 2015, 4:42:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info