UMBRA (new ARPG )

Looks amazing, although 225k seems extremely low to finance this. And I'm not sure how far they'll get with only 3 full time developers.

However, since they'll mainly focus on offline & single player mode this may cut the cost down quite a bit.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
UNLEASH THE FULL POWER OF YOUR CREDITCARDS - THIS IS IT!

Are you ready to watch the most epic ramp up of amounts pledged, this game gonna get more higher supporters than even poe did before it is released some years down the road.

I'm telling you, these guys "get it".

Best news ever, thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Okay.. i'm not the type to do this but its time to spread the word to all forums i have access to. Unleash that

Or maybe it wont get so many high supporters.. i'm not quite sure how kickstarter works, but looks like they just wanted what they could get in 1 month which was what they needed and didn't leave it open for ages to milk the cow. Does anyone actually know that? when the 1 month timer expires then its over and no more chance to buy-in?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 18, 2015, 5:18:22 AM
Alright i'm officially spamming this topic..

now with a comment i found:

"Coop will be implemented once the specific stretch goals will be reached. Multiplayer is something important and requieres a lot of work to implement correctly, and we want to make things right. We had experience with multiplayer on CyEngine in the past, technically, there is no problem for us to implement it, but an important amount of work will need to be spend on testing and optimization. For that reason, we don't want to make fake promise. As an Hack'n'Slash player myself I know how important multiplayer is, and I would love to implement it, but it needs to be done right, that's why we put it in stretch goals."

Multiplayer was my only big concern. Goodie goodie.

So.. get to supporting them. These guys are only held back by funding. They will add all sorts of things like voice acting and more and more stuff if they get enough funding, and i have faith in them to deliver quality. Just look at the damn shit, everything they do screams unconditional quality.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 18, 2015, 5:48:09 AM
Multiplayer would be nice, but I wouldn't even mind "just" a single player one. Offline mode is a bonus for train journeys etc. After all, if I have internet, I can play poe :D

One thing that I found a little bit concerning is one of the developer comments on the KS page:

"
The armor and weapons packs will provide additional effects.
First, they will all at least generate a gold and magic find bonus equal to our funding level.
Then according to the pledge level, the armor will have better chance to generate rare magic effects.

That sounds an awful lot like pay to win to me. I really hope that the game doesn't go down that route. I really don't mind paying for a good game (I've probably paid more for poe than for any other game) and wouldn't even mind a subscription model, but I always think that once a game goes p2w, it will be balanced around it.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
Yea i read that one too and went a little wut

But i think he wasn't explaining it clearly, i think he means you open the pack maybe and it has a bit of gold and the stuff in there has a better chance of being a higher quality and the affix they roll gets better the higher your pledge level, but then again that doesn't really make sense either unless they have some intricate system. Maybe it enables the item for drop in the world or something.

Something like that maybe. All i can say is at least everytime i read something i went, oh wait that could be bad, once i uncovered enough information about it i eventually went, ohh now i get it.

I just don't get the impression that they want to milk the cow with any p2w, they don't talk about money except a few times when mentioning what they can complete in game with the funding, and even their kickstarter it's so short, it is almost as though they want to feed off their hunger-drive some more before they start biting into the cake.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 18, 2015, 5:59:04 AM
Yeah I hope that was just poor communication, English as a second language probably doesn't help much ;)

I think raising another 70k to employ a professional translator for the game & one for public communications would be worth it.
Last edited by qwertz on May 18, 2015, 6:07:18 AM
I sent them an email now, urging them to spread important information on things like trading, stance on p2w, if kickstarter items won't be available in just after 1 month etc.

Maybe they will post something on kickstarter sometime.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 18, 2015, 6:30:30 AM
Got a reply on steam from one of the devs:

"
I understand your concerns.
Here is the status about exclusive armors, wepaons and pet skins.

The bonus effects of the weapon will only apply on the single player mod (non ladder).
As you may have notice, our game is currently designed for solo play only, since we want multiplayer to be a stretch goal. So far, there is no concern to have.
Now, if we break to the multiplayer mode, here is what will happen:

Pet skins are only about better design, effects and animations, so it won't change anything with multiplayer.
About Armors and Weapons, the bonus effects will only be usable in solo (no-ladder) play.
The visual effects applied to armors and weapons will remains, since they don't change the gameplay.

Hope it answer your question.
Let me know if you have other questions

Not sure what to think of it tbh.
It's ok for solo play, imo.
Why not?

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
I guess as long as they don't balance the game around these sort of items it's fine.

btw, 100k on kickstarter already.

Edit: New update is up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jfdg8Gmic. Damn this game looks beautiful :)
Last edited by qwertz on May 18, 2015, 4:12:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info