"
Skyion wrote:

DPS breakdown

Incinerate Righteous Fire tooltip: 68182
Vaal Molten Shell Righteous Fire tooltip: 43054
Cast Speed: 15.87

Calculation: (68182 x 4) + (43054 x 16.29) = 978,383
978383 * 1.4(penetration) = 1,369,736.284

Total burst DPS: 1,369,736.284 per second. 15% more with Atziri's Promise(1,575,197).

You have a mistake in your DPS calculation. You failed to take enemy resistances into account.

Your calculated DPS before penetration = 978,383. We're good here. Penetration will cut out 40% of enemy resists, but if you wanted to calculate your DPS vs Uber, we can safely assume that she has capped Fire Res (75%).

So first we can show the effect of her Fire Resist on your DPS:

Your DPS on an enemy with capped Fire Res = 978,383 x 0.25 = 244,595

Now we can calculate the effect with Fire Pen:

Fire Pen will reduce resist from 75% > 35%.

So actual DPS = 978,383 x 0.65 = 635,948

Your original calculation would be correct if you were calculating vs an enemy with 0% Fire Res.
"
Shmez wrote:

You have a mistake in your DPS calculation. You failed to take enemy resistances into account.

First of all Atziri (and Uber) only has 40% fire res.

Second of all, even though multiplying by 1.4 isn't accurate for getting your true DPS, it is the worst case scenario for penetration. As in if you're comparing it to other support gems the 1.4 multiplier is the lowest it would be against 0 res monsters. It would be much more against 75 res monsters.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Really great build, its very close to what I will do myself. I will focus a bit more on vms in passive tree, but everything in your build is done right!

The fire pen calculation shouldnt be there though as its rather pointless. Just share that the dps is with fire pen, which is very important against bosses etc. Would be really fun to see how heavy hitting phys builds would write, that slices through all armour. I have x dps compared with a x skill fire pened, compared to chaos dmg builds etc. Cant be calculated as your dps varies, as do others. The dps be4 resistances you put out however will not vary.

I assume with your 16 casts per sec that you are using echo in that setup. With echo vms will only trigger every other incinerate, that is the dps should be half of what you've written on vms. If not using echo on incinerate I congratulate to insane dps!

You can do things to come close to the dps as you've written anyhow!

Change conc. effect to echo on vms (80% more dps vs 60, that is 12.5% more dps) . Replace echo in incinerate with any gem (18% more dps from vms). Both these changes would give your vms around 30% more dps, 30 real. Incinerate would drop a little bit though.

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Aug 12, 2015, 4:31:44 AM
Nice like discharge for casters that vaal molten shell + Scolds + insane cast sp is. Great work.
Git R Dun!
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
BTW your DPS calculation is off because Echo makes incinerate proc VMS every other time (8x/sec) rather than every time (16x/sec). Still looks like more than enough in your video, so no real problems there.

I'm wondering whether you think Anger is worth it? It basically doesn't do anything for VMS. I've been running with grace+AA and using a mana flask to sustain. I think using a mana flask is a good option for those who don't have 3x -8 jewelry. (What are your suggestions for crafting it BTW?)

Do you think RF is sustainable without RotP (just purity+flask 10-13%)? Or is it just too dangerous when you have to reposition?

Also think blind may be a good option for both trio and atziri (esp if you're running grace).

Yes you are right, Vaal MS would only cast about 8-9 times per second. Will update proper DPS.
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
"
Shmez wrote:

Your original calculation would be correct if you were calculating vs an enemy with 0% Fire Res.

I'd say it's more a choice rather than mistake. Resist on every mob in POE is diff. And when giving numbers, we have to be consistent. Therefore, it would be more logical to use 0 resist as base for calculations imo.
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
"
ChrispieD wrote:

Change conc. effect to echo on vms (80% more dps vs 60, that is 12.5% more dps) . Replace echo in incinerate with any gem (18% more dps from vms). Both these changes would give your vms around 30% more dps, 30 real. Incinerate would drop a little bit though.

When I read this I didn't think it would work, but after some research. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3amvj5/psa_vaal_molten_shell_does_actually_benefit_from/ Never knew spell echo would make 2 copies of Vaal Molten shell. This blew my mind, thanks for sharing! Tytytytyy, I have much to learn in this game still XD
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Nice like discharge for casters that vaal molten shell + Scolds + insane cast sp is. Great work.

Thank you for the kind words =)
Just looted these jewels. They seems decent.

just wish that second one didnt waste a stat on crit.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 13, 2015, 1:16:48 AM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Just looted these jewels. They seems decent.

just wish that second one didnt waste a stat on crit.

Very nice!
Maybe life rolls would be good too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info