History repeats itself?!

Apparently I'm wrong?
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 8, 2015, 10:07:27 AM
"
Also, Tito8 is 10th on US ladder despite having 8 points in US. Clearly the ladder is working as intended...

Easy man, tito8 is an old LLDer. You should have some pretty good evidence before charging him publicly.
"
Also, Tito8 is 10th on US ladder despite having 8 points in US. Clearly the ladder is working as intended...

I'll also vouch for tito8, he's from the same timezone as me and the US events are always during 7 am onwards, when we usually go to work/school. RL obligations prevent him from attending most events so it's just casual queuing.
Last edited by A222 on Mar 8, 2015, 4:06:23 AM
"
Alea wrote:
Dont remember what was exactly edited by support but it's not namely a scam, just some kind of mechanic abuse: another "exploit".

More seriously i see no way to prevent it, anyone can do it using differents accounts AND 2 different IP adresses making it even barrely undetectable by automated ways.

Only solution IMO is to change the permanent queuing into some kind of permanent tournament happening every hours or so, impeaching alot this trick of putting 2 chars in queue, while being in low peak time, to make one sucking the points of other xD

rigards :)

I gotta say this does not sound like an easy solution and its definitely not the only one. I posted 3 earlier which I think are more viable and better too.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
up
he did ~2300 to ~2500 last night
"
kuan999 wrote:
up

Yo Kuan, I'll sacrifice some points to help boost you to 2700. Lets game this stupid system to counter people gaming this stupid system.
"
jcostello1 wrote:
"
kuan999 wrote:
up

Yo Kuan, I'll sacrifice some points to help boost you to 2700. Lets game this stupid system to counter people gaming this stupid system.

I will get invitational from season points dont need it, also i wont do that i will just try to get to it by normal queuing. (hege got US invitation and im third on EU points)
Its about other guys who could make it into invitational by queue and defintely deserve it more than this exploiter.
Last edited by kuan999 on Mar 13, 2015, 1:26:17 PM
"
Alea wrote:
"
"
Alea wrote:
Dont remember what was exactly edited by support but it's not namely a scam, just some kind of mechanic abuse: another "exploit".

More seriously i see no way to prevent it, anyone can do it using differents accounts AND 2 different IP adresses making it even barrely undetectable by automated ways.

Only solution IMO is to change the permanent queuing into some kind of permanent tournament happening every hours or so, impeaching alot this trick of putting 2 chars in queue, while being in low peak time, to make one sucking the points of other xD

rigards :)

I gotta say this does not sound like an easy solution and its definitely not the only one. I posted 3 earlier which I think are more viable and better too.

"
1. Remove the reward from PvP public queue

2. Implement Rules and investigation processes to deal with scenarios like this

3. Fix/change the queue system so its harder to be successful at boosting

you call that solutions ?
i wasted my time

bro you obviously have not been around long enough to understand how GGG works. My solutions are always based of the primary objective. The primary objective is finding a solution withing GGG's capabilities. This leaves us with suggestions that are not always ideal but are capable of being completed by GGG. GGG has said they dont want to waste resources on PvP, you think they are going to overhaul the entire system for public queue AGAIN just to avoid 2 invitational invites? Not very likely dude. Pulling the reward from the queue is the best suggestion. They should instead replace the reward with PvP prestigious titles or ranks.
Spoiler
"
Alea wrote:
"

bro you obviously have not been around long enough to understand how GGG works. My solutions are always based of the primary objective. The primary objective is finding a solution withing GGG's capabilities. This leaves us with suggestions that are not always ideal but are capable of being completed by GGG. GGG has said they dont want to waste resources on PvP, you think they are going to overhaul the entire system for public queue AGAIN just to avoid 2 invitational invites? Not very likely dude. Pulling the reward from the queue is the best suggestion. They should instead replace the reward with PvP prestigious titles or ranks.

you may realize yourself what you wrote:

"
1. Remove the reward from PvP public queue

so basically no true solutions or idea, just blabla :p

and what i proposed:

"
change the permanent queuing into some kind of permanent tournament happening every hours or so, impeaching alot this trick of putting 2 chars in queue, while being in low peak time, to make one sucking the points of other

Tournaments "suiss" code already exists, it could be just replicated every hour and results concatenated into a ladder. In the same way ppl could have fun between those tournaments by going in sarn area, this is a win-win.

My suggestion in #1 compared to yours is night and day in work load requirement.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1217417

This case is solved thanks GGG!
I also hope in case of future seasons it would be protect in some kind of way before so we as community dont have use GGG time to check "legality" of climbing ladder.
Id like to remind what grindcore suggest here:
1. Remove reward from public queue.
- Its easiest way of managing with this but also i feel it should be considered as last option if any other ways fail.

- Happend in this case. But i think that GGG shouldnt spend time in investigation of such a cases - its waste of their time they could put in other areas. This also requires from us to be in touch with queues whole time to not miss exploiters :)

- Sounds like best solution.
One suggestion from me was to allow only one character per account to be in ladder(and if you join with other char then automaticly lose all points on others). It goes though with big disadvantege - if you got few chars you cant play and check them how good they perform in queue at same time. Even if it isnt that big problems in lld temp leagues case(95% of us got only one bulid at same time) it becomes problem in permanent leagues where many got few completly different chars. This solution also makes exploiting ladder harder but not impossible especially if someone is helping you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info