Elemental Proliferation is fine.

"
I would like to see some video evidence, numeric calculations from actual builds, and equipped gear shown in these scenarios... just some evidence. Maybe it does need a look, but so far everything here is anecdotal conjecture. If the argument is to be made, let's make it with facts.

How about give me a reason shock was changed if it wasn't for prolif. Name 1 build that was known for how often it got triple shock stacks without the use of prolif. Even dual totem sporker didn't pull that off and I can't think of any way to apply lightning damage faster than that.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
I would like to see some video evidence, numeric calculations from actual builds, and equipped gear shown in these scenarios... just some evidence. Maybe it does need a look, but so far everything here is anecdotal conjecture. If the argument is to be made, let's make it with facts.

How about give me a reason shock was changed if it wasn't for prolif. Name 1 build that was known for how often it got triple shock stacks without the use of prolif. Even dual totem sporker didn't pull that off and I can't think of any way to apply lightning damage faster than that.

The increase of cast speed/attack speed and the addition of %to shock nodes to the tree can have had an influence on this choice.

Just saying it's not all black and white, it rarely is :).

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I don't think one could refute Moo's point, with certainty, though. I think Prolif was, while perhaps not the sole reason, at the very least a major contributing factor to shock rebalance.

I have a pretty solid suggestion regarding shock stacks (just 50% is bland...) but fuck trying to post it from my mobile ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I could live with a soft cap on prolif such that a monstrously damaging hit won't translate to bajillions of burning damage being reflected onto everything nearby.

But suggestions to reduce by X%, or AoE, would most likely hit the lower-specced builds disproportionately. These are builds which are using prolif to increase their clear speed *by a little* because they're not doing massive damage hits. 70% of not much may well be 'meh, swapping that gem out'.
Nice to see all the typical nerfmongerers in the same thread together chasing down yet another skill to ruin.
Current proposal:
* Burning damage to 25% of original fire hit per second (from 20%)
* Shock back to 3 stacks, 25% damage per stack (max 75%)
* Prolif radius to 22 for all levels, +0.35 per 1 quality
* Prolif leveling 1-21 to 60-40% less Burning Damage, 60-40% less Chill Freeze Shock duration. (Given ignite buff, will feel like 40-25% less Burning Damage.)
* Freeze Mine buffed 50% (10% overall nerf when supported by glvl21 Prolif).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 2, 2015, 10:25:32 PM
If you want to tone down Prolif, that's one thing, but your proposal would kill it.
Not really. Net change of ~25% less burning damage, max AoE same as Ice Nova. Very moderate imho.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 3, 2015, 12:26:39 AM
prolif IS NOT fine

it is THE ultimate CC
it has no damage reduction
it ignores resistances on all but initial targets
it ignores reflect while being extreme AOE damage
it prolif from corpses (that combined with stupid mob AI + burn..)
it scales EXTREMELY well with AOE (by selecting highest ele source and quickly maximizing the effect)

solutions (pick any):

- 'secondary effects do not spread' - that is only initial target can prolif.
- effects are reduced by resistances. that means diminishing effects on each consecutive mob (can be circumvented with curses/EE but this requires skill and effort)
- corpses are corpses and do not proliferate. shattered corpses are already 'void' and perma-freeze builds work so there should be no problem
- (mostly visual) small burns do not exist. Herald of Ash + ele prolif (the cheapest force multiplier in the game right now) turned playing melee into fighting fire elementals. everything is on fire. it looks dumb.

to all whah-whay sayers above. FB nerf did not 'kill' that build. it is barely visible. cutting FB damage by 50% would sill not have had it killed. because of prolif.
In a nutshell: "Prolif is working as intended. Better nerf it."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info