Elemental Proliferation is fine.

"
Moosifer wrote:
Because prolifs work best from a single target skill is why it probably needs a DR. While it's a unique mechanic it is doing the same thing as LMP/GMP/splash/IAOE for it's builds.

A damage reduction won't help, I can almost feel that much. Depending on what we are trying to acheive throughh a nerf I can tell you right now I'll just keep freezing the screen if the damage is reduced, or use freeze mine for instant results. Remember they added damage to freeze mine because people complained about frozen bosses, but with a reduction to damage nerf I could return to forever freezing bosses.

Now, making it not trigger on a dead body is a heavy and "hit in the heart" nerf....because now you'd have to maintain the proliferation on living mobs and most of the time everything is already dead because whatever element you are using will already be supported by your passive tree in damage. or you can just use this

and ignore most of whatever reduction is slapped on it.

I still don't see a reason to nerf it unles the mechnics where reworked, but to me players have been the only people who complains about this gem so far unless I can get a staff input on it, but they avoid that at all costs s it counts as spoilers to future updates/patch notes.
Last edited by Pilla on Mar 1, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
"
KillerB wrote:
If it did not prolif on corpses it'd turn instantly garbage tier, I use prolif with Oro's and without burn prolif the way it is, I don't think I'd even considering using burning damage of any kind, I still hate burning damage because of Atziri, I mean come on why can't I ignite her...
Also, there is still HoA that'd be the fallback after any nerf on prolif.

You're being hyperbolic. Freeze proliferation would still be strong, as would shock proliferation. The most abusive cases are without a doubt built around burning.

You would still wreck things, it would just make you actually have to do some work to kill bosses.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Has biggest aoe in game and no penalty. Can be attached to most hard hitting on point spells like Arctic breath + three dragons and do most DPS AOE in game. Way OP.

Back when shock used to stack I always had a prolif arc spell totem in a 4L for always doing 2.2x more damage than normal whole screen. Now burn is the issue.

As usual they keep fucking up game like remove shock stacking, gems like mirror arrow and flameblast instead of address real culprit. ELEMENTAL PROLIFERATION.

My suggestion is prolif AOE is 10 not 30+
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2015, 12:00:03 PM
"
Pilla wrote:
A damage reduction won't help, I can almost feel that much. Depending on what we are trying to acheive throughh a nerf I can tell you right now I'll just keep freezing the screen if the damage is reduced, or use freeze mine for instant results. Remember they added damage to freeze mine because people complained about frozen bosses, but with a reduction to damage nerf I could return to forever freezing bosses.

Now, making it not trigger on a dead body is a heavy and "hit in the heart" nerf....because now you'd have to maintain the proliferation on living mobs and most of the time everything is already dead because whatever element you are using will already be supported by your passive tree in damage. or you can just use this

and ignore most of whatever reduction is slapped on it.

I still don't see a reason to nerf it unles the mechnics where reworked, but to me players have been the only people who complains about this gem so far unless I can get a staff input on it, but they avoid that at all costs s it counts as spoilers to future updates/patch notes.

If you reduce the damage the freeze will be less effective. It will still be possible but not insane. it will also allow ice spells to be buffed so they have better damage in general as ice spells have the lowest average damage due to how powerful freeze is, especially with prolif.

The deal with prolif, because it is basically "% chance to work" it needs to be better than normal AOE passives. We have 100% damage, works off corpses, extreme AOE, some or all of these need to change. I'd prefer to work with the number shit and leave the unique mechanics alone.

I also have no idea why you're linking that mace. I'm suggestion a 70% effectiveness, it can't be made up for by 30% increase, we're talking multiplicative and additive.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
^no canhaspants is entirely correct.

If you just change the numbers, the top-end remains unaffected and even get's a buff compared to all the other spectrums.

It needs to be a mechanical change or limitation. But not just "X less damage".

How about a number count?

A single prolif effect can only spread to 3 enemy's maximum?

This put's a hardcap on it's aoe potential without actually touching damage numbers.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
lol ''nerfs''

ded
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If it was deemed necessary to simply nerf the numbers, then at the very least I would caution GGG to distinguish between single target and AoE skills. I.e., don't wreck aoe + prolif because prolif was given a DE specifically for single target.

However, because it is such a unique mechanic, it is kind of difficult to target what may be trouble areas. Extreme cases are obvious, but what is it about the mechanic that enables them? I strongly believe it revolves mostly around instant application to a screen-wide aoe. Changing this to a delayed application to a more controlled radius would, imo, tone back the abuse cases, without numerically screwing everybody else, while also introducing more behavioral dynamics for players to respond to (unique mechanic that begets unique encounters).

It would solve every problem mentioned so far without killing the fun or (lower extreme) potency of the gem.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
If they treat Ele Prolif the way they did Flameblast, I don't want them to touch it. The raw 20% dmg nerf was simply bad decision making. It would have been fine if the spell could get one more "stage" of charging to recover that last 20%--and thus increasing personal risk--but they took the lazy way out. That said, I doubt I'll touch the spell again. Other options are more appealing because they still do great damage and can be made to do more aoe without having to channel. That was the point of Flameblast: Risk vs Reward.

Honestly, I don't think Ele Prolif really needs to be touched. The problem here (assuming one actually exists) is with burn damage, and that should be the focus of scrutiny, but it still leaves another issue not properly addressed. ARPGs, including PoE, are usually about your character's growth in power as they level up and develop their skills/spells. Being "OP" at end game is par for the course, and expected. You have to be cautious about how much of that you take away from the players, or it hurts the game's player retention.
I'd say only increase the radius every 2 levels and only proliferate when applying status effects, not continuously.

If you ignite/shock/freeze an enemy all enemies within 21 radius get ignited/shocked/frozen with the same magnitude.

Simple, effective, balanced.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
Another major problem is that Prolif "bounces" the status effects totally unmodified. The whole status effect system in PoE hinges on higher monster life scaling down effectiveness, which prevents the need for immunities. Because Prolif bypasses the scaling, you can freezelock small monsters and absolutely anything in the radius stays frozen, regardless of its life or cold resistance. And yet, freeze mine was the skill that was adjusted. The entire shock stacking mechanic, which set shock apart, likely was adjusted due to the ease of stacking with prolif (along with other things like monster burst potential).

Even burn sees strong benefit, since you can get a high initial hit off a non-fire resistant enemy and proliferate that hit-based burn, unmodified, to a fire-resistant enemy, bypassing the first stage of the "double-dip" involved in a burn build.

It's been years now; it's beginning to look like GGG simply can't change the prolif mechanics to be more nuanced in regard to what it's proliferating. It should be the hit conditions that created the status, not the status itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info