Earthslug wrote:
Hey guys:

WHAT is it ppl in POE actually want?

*A strong and or fun character

*LOOT and MOAR loot!

*even MOAAAR loot!

-------------------------------------

How about:

12-15 week leagues, just with some modifiers GGG choose to make AND now listen to this>>>

every week +1% IIQ and +1% IIR bonus

Week 10 would give a flat 10% IIQ bonus

Who will quit and go play perm again if the last week yield a percentage extra loot and IIR.

It would keep ME playing temp 'til the end

the iiq iir bonus is exactly what rampage bonus should have been
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
TheWretch wrote:
What uniques are gated indefinitely? Or what drops are gated by currency other than previous leagues stuff? Your argument doesn't even make any sense.

You answer your own question yet my argument makes no sense

"ok"

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
What they need is some kind of content that isn't even approachable till the last month of the league and whose rewards are some kind of accolade or cosmetic they can show off long after the league is over.

Not sure if the OP's suggestion would improve the participation in temporary leagues. I have a feeling that many people who play temporary leagues simply want a fresh start, play as long as they have fun and then take a break until the next leagues start.
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
What uniques are gated indefinitely? Or what drops are gated by currency other than previous leagues stuff? Your argument doesn't even make any sense.

"ok"

Peace,

-Boem-

FYI indefinitely basically could mean never. Your circular logic is weak.

E: Your original proposition, which was trash is that they should further gate current league specific uniques by weeks. Wth does that have to do with previous league uniques? You're still not making any sense.

Whatever,

-Wretch-
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 24, 2015, 5:58:29 PM
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Not sure if the OP's suggestion would improve the participation in temporary leagues. I have a feeling that many people who play temporary leagues simply want a fresh start, play as long as they have fun and then take a break until the next leagues start.
The participation... maybe not
but it would keep some of the people from leaving halfway through
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

"ok"

Peace,

-Boem-

FYI indefinitely basically could mean never. Your circular logic is weak.

E: Your original poposition, which was trash is that they should further gate current league specific uniques by weeks. Wth does that have to do with previous league uniques? You're still not making any sense.

Whatever,

-Wretch-

No my proposition was to allow previous league unique's to be droppable when there modifiers are applied to the league. This in no way dissalows new unique's to "not" drop, it just adds additional incentive to play if you desire a unique from a past league. It also allows people to theory-craft with those unique's in mind, if they are willing to pay the price for it.

Which already happens with what zana offers + chancing them. This would just add more of them into the economy.

Not my fault you call an idea crap before asking clarification or understanding it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
said it before and say it again
IIQ / IIR increasing bonus per week .... solution to all problems for temp.

However... lets say last week yields 15% IIQ/IIR and drops you a void battery or some sick stuff. Week later that item is in perm anyways...

So even IIQ / IIR increase would fail somehow I guess.

offtopic: hey boem, got watercooled keyboard to keep the heat off your ass? :)

You and the 15.000 dollar poe account dude Charan are well known for being most objective persons around here.

I'd never even dare discussing any of you 2 :)

Respect to both u and he who dares challenge you and 15k Charan.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Boem wrote:

No my proposition was to allow previous league unique's to be droppable when there modifiers are applied to the league. This in no way dissalows new unique's to "not" drop, it just adds additional incentive to play if you desire a unique from a past league. It also allows people to theory-craft with those unique's in mind, if they are willing to pay the price for it.

Which already happens with what zana offers + chancing them. This would just add more of them into the economy.

Not my fault you call an idea crap before asking clarification or understanding it.

Peace,

-Boem-

That idea is just as crap. What's the point in hunting league specific stuff if it can just drop again in later leagues for just about anybody? Time gating is stupid and belongs in mmos.

A high currency sink for a sliver of a chance is a good way to do it. I still think your idea was garbage.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 24, 2015, 4:37:18 PM
didnt read whole thread sry guys, but +1 for original idea, absolutely gets my vote.

Actually I wrote out a similar sugestion, including that maybe map drops and crafting possiblities should be expanded perhaps over time so that we dont burn out in a big puff in the first 3 weeks then it all falls apart, if we are going to have a game where it revolves around ladders and a life cycle why not go all in with that life cycle, build it into the game more, use it to slow early league progression and the buff late league to give us a reason to stick around, expand the league mods over time, keep it interesting.

I never posted it though, it ended up being a 20 paragraph short novel and I felt like I couldnt invest the time to turn such a massive waffle into something compact ggg would bother reading :(

maybe some day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info