Temp leagues should evolve through their duration

"
Boem wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
More gates. Not what this game needs. This wouldn't solve the problem of people quitting near the midpoint of the league. All it would do is waste development time on content people would never see.

The content is already there and so are the assets.

If i remember correctly, GGG has done a race like this where they changed between league modifiers as time passed on.

This would be a similar experience, keeping the variation of encounters fresh or more alive.

The only issue with this is that eventually it will also become stale, just like everything new eventually becomes mundane. The only way to combat this is by making random sub-sets of league modifiers and as time passes create a sort of random shift of sub-sets.

With more league's being created constantly, new sub-sets get added to the rotation and voila a semi random experience every new league as time passes to keep things fresh or unique.

Peace,

-Boem-

But those leagues are not for testing, the 1 month or the 1 week or whatever short ones are for fun only. 3 month/4 month leagues are for testing what can and what cant be put into perma leagues. If a league was "evolving" how would it work anyways? Change mods mid league all of a sudden the ones who wanted to play it the way it was from the beginning have to deal with a "evolved" league. Wow, awesome, such fun playing the way others want to but one self might not. People who want this got burned out, its normal and it happens no matter how soon. Just let them leave for a while and comeback when new leagues are up.
"
"
Boem wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
More gates. Not what this game needs. This wouldn't solve the problem of people quitting near the midpoint of the league. All it would do is waste development time on content people would never see.

The content is already there and so are the assets.

If i remember correctly, GGG has done a race like this where they changed between league modifiers as time passed on.

This would be a similar experience, keeping the variation of encounters fresh or more alive.

The only issue with this is that eventually it will also become stale, just like everything new eventually becomes mundane. The only way to combat this is by making random sub-sets of league modifiers and as time passes create a sort of random shift of sub-sets.

With more league's being created constantly, new sub-sets get added to the rotation and voila a semi random experience every new league as time passes to keep things fresh or unique.

Peace,

-Boem-

But those leagues are not for testing, the 1 month or the 1 week or whatever short ones are for fun only. 3 month/4 month leagues are for testing what can and what cant be put into perma leagues. If a league was "evolving" how would it work anyways? Change mods mid league all of a sudden the ones who wanted to play it the way it was from the beginning have to deal with a "evolved" league. Wow, awesome, such fun playing the way others want to but one self might not. People who want this got burned out, its normal and it happens no matter how soon. Just let them leave for a while and comeback when new leagues are up.

Everything that's proposed here is already in the game, so i fail to see your argument.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Everything that's proposed here is already in the game, so i fail to see your argument.

Peace,

-Boem-
and been tested
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Yes like the idea of an evolving league.
I think it would be fun but I don't know if it would keep the people that leave early from leaving.
Also it could have unexpected negitive effects by making the legacy leagues and start of new leagues less interesting.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
I think it would be fun but I don't know if it would keep the people that leave early from leaving.
Also it could have unexpected negitive effects by making the legacy leagues and start of new leagues less interesting.

You know how you fix the "keep people" thing?

You tackle it with an economic solution.

As in "all league restricted unique's can drop within there evolving week parts"

There, constant influx and outflow of players as the league progresses :). Want that legacy unique to enable a standard build? better play during those X weeks and maybe hit the lotto.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
mucker wrote:

As in "all league restricted unique's can drop within there evolving week parts"

There, constant influx and outflow of players as the league progresses :). Want that legacy unique to enable a standard build? better play during those X weeks and maybe hit the lotto.

Peace,

-Boem-

No thanks. I don't want content gated by different weeks. Terrible idea.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Hey guys:

WHAT is it ppl in POE actually want?

*A strong and or fun character

*LOOT and MOAR loot!

*even MOAAAR loot!

-------------------------------------

How about:

12-15 week leagues, just with some modifiers GGG choose to make AND now listen to this>>>

every week +1% IIQ and +1% IIR bonus

Week 10 would give a flat 10% IIQ bonus

Who will quit and go play perm again if the last week yield a percentage extra loot and IIR.

It would keep ME playing temp 'til the end

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
mucker wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

No thanks. I don't want content gated by different weeks. Terrible idea.

So if i get this straight you prefer content gated indefinitely or with a currency cost attached?

"ok", good for you.

Peace,

-Boem-
What uniques are gated indefinitely? Or what drops are gated by currency other than previous leagues stuff? Your argument doesn't even make any sense.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info