Temp leagues should evolve through their duration

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

trusted
when somebody says " im going that way, would you support me"
and then you realize he doesnt go the way he told you and he knows it... thats how you lose trust

Why are you still here then? Seriously?

At some point you quit looking like a passionate advocate and more like a spurned and bitter ex-wife. And anyone who has one of those knows exactly how much you listen to her....as little as possible.

I speak from experience :)
"
Suggestion still belong in the proper forum section.

You mean on Reddit, amiright?))
Last edited by Teplokot on Feb 24, 2015, 9:55:00 AM
The biggest issue I have with the last month of softcore challenge leagues is that the economy goes full retard mode. A lot of people stops trading completely and the rest does trade, but with rates sometimes even worse than Standard ones.

And Rampage was awesome, screw you, haterz.
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
The biggest issue I have with the last month of softcore challenge leagues is that the economy goes full retard mode. A lot of people stops trading completely and the rest does trade, but with rates sometimes even worse than Standard ones.

rampage was meh
but people say it was bad because it could and should have been a lot better
it had so much potential
real damage bonus stage
mf bonus stage
etc
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 24, 2015, 10:10:47 AM
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:

exactly!
it simply make no sense wasting time on a temp league when it already stops soon.
Why should you farm if you cannot sell the stuff you find. why should you sell if you cant do anything with the currency you get?

some increased spawn rates wont suddenly make it worth playing...

Oh and I also liked Rampage (well it still was SC but...). It wasnt THAT good, but it also wasnt bad. At least it didnt screw you with unbalanced and annoying stuff like most other temp leagues (especially bloodlines)
One of the main reasons why I stay in HC and dont really play temp (beta?) leagues anymore.
Last edited by azraelb on Feb 24, 2015, 10:15:26 AM
Hmm, think this is not the first time I see this idea, maybe it was another thread of yours?

I agree with leagues evolving, but dont want 3 months, 3 months are too short for anyone who wants to experiment and not just play Tornado Shot + Flameblast + One other build (if there's even time) and such duration is the reason why I stopped playing D2 in the first place (when duration got changed to appease JSP crowd with their same boring OP builds every ladder).

Think the ideal would be 4-6 months with league evolving. How should it evolve now that's up to GGG.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 24, 2015, 10:24:13 AM
Rampage was just fine and it did exactly what GGG wanted to achieve.

That said, i do like this concept however one has to keep in mind how much would you add?

All of the things you mention are already in the game so two options exist.

1) remove all of these, only to introduce them at a later stage to create the "stages" artificially.

2) allow them in the game from the get-go, but increase there spawn rates as a new stage is unlocked.

With option 2) a new problem arises and that's the danger associated with it in a hardcore competition and also the increased difficulty for people that are joining a league at a later stage.

The concept is cool and fun but requires balancing and will punish people just as it rewards people.

Personally i would go with -->

"all stages only effect merciless difficulty and maps" sort of allowing the increase in the latest difficulty while keeping the leveling process smooth. It could even be gated behind act3 mercilles.

Don't underestimate that this can result in a bad-player experience for people that join a league at a later stage.

Also these stages should come a lot earlier in a league and be spread out over its entire time. People that left will have no reason to return "just because the stages are coming" instead if the stages come during the entire league's length they might have no real reason to leave and as such get to experience all of it.

Also, ambuch stage should be the last stage, you are forgetting the economic factor included with a ambush buff.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Should redo strawpoll with 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 weeks as options. I don't believe 12 weeks is actually the sweet spot (although I could be wrong).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 24, 2015, 10:24:46 AM
More gates. Not what this game needs. This wouldn't solve the problem of people quitting near the midpoint of the league. All it would do is waste development time on content people would never see.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
More gates. Not what this game needs. This wouldn't solve the problem of people quitting near the midpoint of the league. All it would do is waste development time on content people would never see.

The content is already there and so are the assets.

If i remember correctly, GGG has done a race like this where they changed between league modifiers as time passed on.

This would be a similar experience, keeping the variation of encounters fresh or more alive.

The only issue with this is that eventually it will also become stale, just like everything new eventually becomes mundane. The only way to combat this is by making random sub-sets of league modifiers and as time passes create a sort of random shift of sub-sets.

With more league's being created constantly, new sub-sets get added to the rotation and voila a semi random experience every new league as time passes to keep things fresh or unique.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info