Temp leagues should evolve through their duration

We got the perfect demonstration with ever leagues but got the confirmation with the current one.

When leagues were 4 months, they started to be deserted by half ish of their lenght. GGG shortened them to 3months to prevent this and also it seems to be what people wanted. http://strawpoll.me/1022816/r.But sadly the same phenomenon is happening.

The problem comes from many factors.

1) When a league is boring people leave faster (rampage/torment)

2) When the end is near, people dont see the thrill to play a challenge league

3) After a certain time, people have pretty much "been there done that", when the "new" factor of the league runs dry, thrill goes away.

As i said back when rampage was facing this fatality, the leagues should Evolve.

what do i mean by evolve?

I mean that they should increase certain aspects of the mods the more you approach the end, somehow like 1week race that changes mod each 2 days.

ie: Torment has ghosts and some remnents of past leagues (strongbox and exiles). In a 3month league, the evolution would go like this:
"

week 6: So many foes your crushed! They want their revenge!!! (Increased spawn rate of Tormented spirits)

Week 7:
The word spread among the ennemies troop about your prowess, you dragged the attention of worthy opponents. (Increase the spawn rate of Rogue exiles)

week8: Monsters legions seek for more power to end your journey. (Increased spawn rate of shrines)

week 9: Your skills fear your foes, they try more devious strategies, like hiding and ambushing you. (Increased spawn rate of strongboxes)

week 10:
Your foes consolidate, leaders emerge from their ranks. (Increase spawn rate of Nemesis monsters)

week 11:
Primes of the opposing ranks cant accept to see their minions being crushed by your wrath. (Invasion bosses start to appear)

last week:
this world as we know is coming to an end, the evil forces fear you, want you dead at whatever the cost! They called for help from all around the world, they have only one place to seek for it. Ancient creatures, banned from this realm, are coming back. ( Beyond mod).

with each new addition, the player would see a message (if ingame) or a clickable info box (when they log).

this would keep players thrilled to the end

note: this is my vision of the thing, how "i" would like it. There is a chance you dont like it or find it too extrem and would like a moderate version. In the end its just vision sharing.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 24, 2015, 9:03:37 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I absolutely agree with your suggestion.

The main reason for why I like new leagues is because of the new "features" of the leagues.

However just after a few weeks, the novelty wears off and it becomes routine.

Your idea was tested in long races before and it was very fun. I would definitely like the real temporary leagues to evolve in a such manner.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Feb 24, 2015, 9:05:17 AM
Suggestion still belong in the proper forum section. Also, youre quite wrong.
Absolutely agree, this would be great to see in the leagues, 3 months, 4 months or whatever.

But this should be posted in Suggestions, no?
"
Stefacle wrote:
Absolutely agree, this would be great to see in the leagues, 3 months, 4 months or whatever.

it could be in suggestion, in feedback, in general since there are already topic about people whining about dead leagues... its somehow a melting pot, which is why i posted it here. Also, General discussion get as much views in 1min than subforums get in 1 month
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 24, 2015, 9:09:50 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
We got the perfect demonstration with ever leagues but got the confirmation with the current one.

When leagues were 4 months, they started to be deserted by half ish of their lenght. GGG shortened them to 3months to prevent this and also it seems to be what people wanted. http://strawpoll.me/1022816/r.But sadly the same phenomenon is happening.

The problem comes from many factors.

1) When a league is boring people leave faster (rampage/torment)

2) When the end is near, people dont see the thrill to play a challenge league

3) After a certain time, people have pretty much "been there done that", when the "new" factor of the league runs dry, thrill goes away.

As i said back when rampage was facing this fatality, the leagues should Evolve.

what do i mean by evolve?

I mean that they should increase certain aspects of the mods the more you approach the end, somehow like 1week race that changes mod each 2 days.

ie: Torment has ghosts and some remnents of past leagues (strongbox and exiles). In a 3month league, the evolution would go like this:
"

week 6: So many foes your crushed! They want their revenge!!! (Increased spawn rate of Tormented spirits)

Week 7:
The word spread among the ennemies troop about your prowess, you dragged the attention of worthy opponents. (Increase the spawn rate of Rogue exiles)

week8: Monsters legions seek for more power to end your journey. (Increased spawn rate of shrines)

week 9: Your skills fear your foes, they try more devious strategies, like hiding and ambushing you. (Increased spawn rate of strongboxes)

week 10:
Your foes consolidate, leaders emerge from their ranks. (Increase spawn rate of Nemesis monsters)

week 11:
Primes of the opposing ranks cant accept to see their minions being crushed by your wrath. (Invasion bosses start to appear)

last week:
this world as we know is coming to an end, the evil forces fear you, want you dead at whatever the cost! They called for help from all around the world, they have only one place to seek for it. Ancient creatures, banned from this realm, are coming back. ( Beyond mod).

with each new addition, the player would see a message (if ingame) or a clickable info box (when they log).

this would keep players thrilled to the end

note: this is my vision of the thing, how "i" would like it. There is a chance you dont like it or find it too extrem and would like a moderate version. In the end its just vision sharing.

Your cause and effect connections I believe are flawed, but the idea they spawned I like.

Evolving atmosphere would help some players to stay intrigued and probably would not be very intensive in terms of GGG resources.

Probably should post this in suggestions if you actually want it considered though.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:

it could be in suggestion, in feedback, in general since there are already topic about people whining about dead leagues... its somehow a melting pot.

Why should GGG change anything? They already cut the duration so new players get no chance in going into temp leagues at a later stage which was bad design to begin with. People will always get burned out even if temp leagues were just 2 weeks long. I rather would have loved 5 month leagues or even 6 month leagues so we get 2 each year. This way the game gets bloated with new effects and stuff from the temp leagues and GGG runs out of temp league mods faster.
"
Nubatron wrote:

Your cause and effect connections I believe are flawed, but the idea they spawned I like.

Evolving atmosphere would help some players to stay intrigued and probably would not be very intensive in terms of GGG resources.

Probably should post this in suggestions if you actually want it considered though.
GGG doesnt care about suggestion

they are more likely to have their attention dragged to a popular thread than to a 10views thread in a subforum that nobody visits

yeah i might be flawed in the connections, but the end result is the same, Exiles exile end-of-league
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 24, 2015, 9:13:32 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

they are more likely to have their attention dragged to a popular thread than to a 10views thread in a subforum that nobody visits

With that many supporter tags its surprising how little you trust GGG.
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

With that many supporter tags its surprising how little you trust GGG.
trusted
when somebody says " im going that way, would you support me"
and then you realize he doesnt go the way he told you and he knows it... thats how you lose trust
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 24, 2015, 9:38:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info