[2.1] Dual Shockwave Totem MF ( low life ) / Crit or Poison spec. ( updated videos for 2.1 )

updated tree and stats with 2.0
Build is still ok, slightly more deeps but a bit less survability, to be honest, as it, it's not very viable in high level map 78+ with many mods.
6k ES is not enough with no defense except your shield, you take too much damage with high level monster that hit like a truck.

IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 15, 2015, 7:16:57 AM
"
Malone wrote:
updated tree and stats with 2.0
Build is still ok, slightly more deeps but a bit less survability, to be honest, as it, it's not very viable in high level map 78+ with many mods.
6k ES is not enough with no defense except your shield, you take too much damage with high level monster that hit like a truck.

Hmm, maybe the problem is your ZO regen isnt enough. A Shavronne ring may does the trick, but... ahh not a very viable choice for people.
Extra regen is not going to help against burst damage anyway.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
ZO regen is indeed not sufficient, and I should maybe invest in faster start of ES regen. Shav ring would help for the regen for sure but it would raise new issue ( mana regen ... ) and the purpose of the build is to stack IIR/IIQ, losing a ring for that is not an option.

The "funny" thing is that the totem itself is incredibly tanky, beeing lvl 24 ( lvl 21 + Empower 4 ) with some totem life passives ( in tree and jewel ). Reflect does almost nothing to it and it can dps against hard hitter mobs and bosses, you don't need to recast them.
IGN TylordRampage
I'm running this build now, the 4 points investment in Essence Surge was totally worth it, really give me an extra edge on battle. I also utilize CWDT - Frostwall - IC - summon skeleton as well as Arctic armor - Taste of Hate flask for dps and phys mitigation. Really solid choice with 24k5 dps (27k with flask), 7k ES and lot of defensive layer, in fact I've never die once since I started running high maps. But who know, the new map mods are nasty!

I'm planning on testing the 7th aura and Blood magic variant next week to see if I can drop the weak Prism to get a stronger shield. Shav ring is still one of my option, since I've dropped my MF boots to get a new one for safety, and still no different with my drop rate.

My gear for now

Spoiler

Updated:

Tweak my tree a little bit, now I'm able to run Wrath. Dps go up to 27k6 (nearly 31k with Taste of Hate). ES go down a little bit (100-150), sadly.

I will get my hand on the Mantra of Flame asap to test out the dps. And my gems still haven't max out yet, so I have a lot of room for improvement xD

New setup

Spoiler

Stats
Note: The pics was taken before I got Enlighten lvl 3. With it I have 375 mana left, enough to cast totem, curse and warp around xD
Spoiler

Last edited by camapngu133 on Aug 5, 2015, 2:14:04 PM
I am currently testing this tree :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMADXwOSBB7EMwRLREvEVARlhg8GFYbJRvIHNwdTx3ZKPopTyoTKwosnC2oL28y0TW5Nj08BTwtPV9Bh0NURKtFR0ZxSVFLrkyzUilSU1WuVeBXyVhaWOVaK13yXl1mVGaebRltbHC7eyB713yDf8aCEIKbgseDCYNfg8yFe4hCjHaPGo-mj_qTJ5eVl_SZmpo7njyf36Evo_KnK6eUsZC0DLVItve3Mbc-uJO9J746voC-isBmwcXGrsrTz93QH9H92RPZW9sa34rfsOd06QLquutj6-7sGOw473zv6_DV8Yr0cfiT-ej-hw==?accountName=Malone&characterName=ThyKniv

-Give almost the same dps, and another new slots for jewels ( now 9 !! ). With very good jewels, potential is really awesome.
-Remove ZO and play only with natural ES regen ( using faster start of ES regen mod on some jewels too )
-Give more ES and overcap resist ( which is good for elem weakness maps )

Overall it's kinda better but gameplay is different compared to ZO tree as you have to avoid beeing hit.

Personnaly I am not fan of physical to lightning support gem, ok it raises dps tooltip but physical damage is better than lightning damage , especially in non-crit build, if you consider than mob are more resistant to elem damage than physical dmg...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Aug 5, 2015, 7:47:45 PM
That's why I'm carrying around Elemental Weakness :) I have had to drop Temporal chain cuz Ele weak give me too much damage. I have cold damage from hatred and flask, fire from herald and added fire, lightning from phys to light and wrath, so to me it's the best way to scale my dps.

Playing without ZO doesnt seems safe to me. Yes monster damage is one thing but I also have to take care about those degen ground/ buff. I found it somewhat annoying having to watchout for my ES all the time xD
Last edited by camapngu133 on Aug 5, 2015, 11:01:45 PM
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Aug 6, 2015, 5:19:40 AM
Didn't have much time to play so I just tested out non ZO recently. I've tried to run some hairy combination map mods 76-77 ish. It turned out to be quite good, in fact I have respected out of ZO now. The degen ground is a bit scary with ele weak mod, but I just simply need to avoid it. And I also use this, which is basically double my defense

But still, nasty bosses (those damn Bloodline!) could kill me, mostly because my ES pool isn't enough (sitting at 7k1 ES and 30k dps atm thanks to those extra points from ZO). I got two close call but was able to get out thanks to Vaal discipline. I also figured out that I dont need more than 5 auras to be good at dps, I can drop Wrath and Prism shield to get a 300+ ES and 50+ spell damage shield to be more tanky while losing just a bit of dps.

I can't test it yet because I still lack some pieces of gear. But I'm quite sure it will be glorious lol.

For the crit variant, I'm not much interested. have tried to build a crit tree multiple time, still not as effiency as non crit one.
Last edited by camapngu133 on Aug 8, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
finally my tree today :

MF numbers :

Spoiler
Have around 23k dps ( with IIR/IIQ gems ) per totem which is good enough to clear maps.
Still hesitating to play with or without ZO. Crit is very strong with the right gear , but not very compatible with a MF build.
Around 6k2 ES, with 130/310 MF... Have to look at numbers but I guess I can drop IIR/IIQ gems without losing significant MF efficiency... ( or at least one of the 2 )

( source : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/725812 )
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Aug 10, 2015, 5:25:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info