[2.1] Dual Shockwave Totem MF ( low life ) / Crit or Poison spec. ( updated videos for 2.1 )

"
xanikx wrote:
Bandits?

Since he is low life I would say:

Normal: Kill all for skill point
Cruel: Oak for 18% phys damage (best for shockwave totem)
Merciless: Kill all for skill point, as he's not playing crit (if he was crit he would do aliria)

I modified the build a bit and am currently leveling it up. I don't really like zealot's oath as I think it's too weak of a node, this is what I will be going with

You are right for the bandits.
About ZO, well I don't want to convince you , but 400 ES/s helps a lot for survability.

About Crit/Non Crit, I kinda dislike to generate power charge by spamming ice spear + PCoC and I do prefer consistent damage rather than spikes... This beeing said, on the paper crit is always better, but I would go life build for that ( to use double divinarius+carcass and have conc effect ).
Low life offers the opportunity to use wondertrap, which is nuts for MF.

My tree today :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABx4Jqgx9DXwNjQ5ID6sQfxEvEVARlha_Fy8ZihpsGo8bJRzcIvQksCj6KhMrCiycL281uTwFPV9Co0SrRnFJUUuuUlNTNVWuVdZXyVjlWitboF3yZOdmnmjyaoxsC20ZbWxwu3vXfA58S3_GgKSCEIKbgseDCYx2j6aP-pMnlS6WdJf0mZqaO5u1na6ePJ_fotmj8qcIpyunVbDYtAy1SLaGtve3MbiTwBrAZsCaxp7IFNWm2RPZW9n834rfsOGI5CLpAuq662Pr7uwY7DjtIO0873zw1fVv9tr3wfno-tL7CQ==

Totem dps ( w/o any flask ) : 18.4k
If I replace inc area by conc effect ( for boss killing ) : 31k

I can do a 78 map video but I am broke in maps ( :/ ) right now, will update the thread when I can do one.

Patch 2.0 will bring significant changes to Shockwave Totem, it wont systematically knockback mobs, base crit is higher etc. But maybe biggest impact will be on auras...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on May 26, 2015, 5:06:15 AM
One question for the skill three.

I have build something simular with your build as inspiration, and i thank you alot for the work you have put into this..

but for the skill three, why arent you going from "arcane focus" and up to "arcane vision" dont you find the small light radius annoying ?

or are you not walking up there, simply just to safe those 2-3 nodes ? would you surgest a guy with the proper levels to take the ekstra vision ?

Tim //
Well, going for arcane vision costs 3 extra passiv points, that would be lost elsewhere, which will be significantly penalizing ( dps wise ). On top of that, on my case, I need also the dexterity nodes so it's an extra passiv point to recover the dex loss.
I am used to play the indoor map in the dark, and it's not really a big deal with shockwave totem :)
IGN TylordRampage
aight i see, thanks for your reply, idk why but i am not in need of the dex, and i think the dps is fine, even with my lvl 86, i am not doing atziris yet, mostly cuz my gems aint fully leveled. but as i see it, i only need 4-5 lvls more to have completed ur skill three ( with arcane ) so that will give me the last buff inc + last spell dmg node. i choose not to take the 3 x 15 mana regen nodes, as my regen is more than fine. i probly take the regen if i get higher than lvl 91 on it

again thanks for this. even it is dual totems it is not boring as it might seem from the outside. and the loot is not to be questioned :D

atm i am at 350R / 80 Q without flask, still need 5% Quantity from gem, and i have no rarity or quantity at all in my helmet. so i see room for improvement. but still awesome build.
Last edited by DanishGrinder on May 31, 2015, 1:59:50 PM
Need some help over here..

If i understand correctly Shockwave totem is a spell only for casting, not for damage.

That means that none of spell damage nodes will apply to totem damage only cast speed.

Ok my bad i havent seen 1.2 patch notes, was absent long time
"

Spell Damage: Due to the 1.2.0 Version change to Shockwave Totem, players can now scale this skill through the use of Spell Damage

So why is hearbreaker not applying culling strikes to totem?
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jun 2, 2015, 4:49:35 AM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
Need some help over here..

If i understand correctly Shockwave totem is a spell only for casting, not for damage.

That means that none of spell damage nodes will apply to totem damage only cast speed.

Ok my bad i havent seen 1.2 patch notes, was absent long time
"

Spell Damage: Due to the 1.2.0 Version change to Shockwave Totem, players can now scale this skill through the use of Spell Damage

So why is hearbreaker not applying culling strikes to totem?

Doesnt heartbreaker apply culling strike to ur totem ? it does to mine. u just cant see it on the tool tip..
Is a +2 empower worth getting instead of, say, added fire damage? Or should I just use added fire damage until I can afford a +3 empower?

Thanks, enjoying the build.
"
fakado wrote:
Is a +2 empower worth getting instead of, say, added fire damage? Or should I just use added fire damage until I can afford a +3 empower?

Thanks, enjoying the build.

lvl 18 added fire = 2k dmg more than lvl 2 empower.

lvl 18 added fire = same as lvl 3 empower

both testet without flask + the lvl 18 added fire is without any quality

"sry for answer in your thread just trying to help."
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Jun 3, 2015, 9:33:27 PM
You're welcome.
If empower lvl 3 and added fire are giving the same dps, damage are not identical, empower will bring more physical damage and added fire will bring obviously more elemental damage... Considering that mobs have often high elemental resistance but limited armor, I do recommand Empower lvl 3.

On my case I am using lvl 4 empower so it's superior to added fire.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 10, 2015, 5:27:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info