PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Give wands blink arrow

Alternatively, why not make a wand-specific skill that doesn't itself grant movement speed, but does it relatively speaking? This is like Temp Chains, but it could be additive with it and impossible to remove with Warding flask.

What I mean is a skill that has a certain range and acts as a tether. As long as the tether is intact, the opponent is slowed. Or a skill that steals movement speed. Or a skill that swaps the players' positions and slows the opponent for a short duration after?
I think that type of thing would open a huge bag of worms. I think it would be relatively easy to make a Blink Wand skill which would be good enough IMO.
Zep I don't think it's fair for wands to get a movement skill when facebreakers don't have one either. And wands are like the ranged version of breakers anyway, insane damage and one shot potential
......have you ever tried to play an LLD wander, guys?

The idea of "needs a drawback for their damage" is entirely right, but what you might not see is the amount of drawbacks there already are for being an attack wander.

In shorts, wand damage scales super high/is very exponential BUT it starts VERY low. What that means is, if you build it with either limited means (less then 6L/tons of super gear) or if you try to make it balanced (have resists/hp, even decent ones)..... your damage will be shit.
And at that point, any bower will outdamage you, out-tank you and also outmove you.

To be one of those "OHKO wanders" that appears in 3v3 blitz LLD (and are ONLY VIABLE in 3v3 blitz >_>), you need to sacrifice absolutely everything for damage (super low hp, uncapped resists by far, crazy manacosts requiring 2 or 3 mana pots, etc...)

Lastly, good players always adapt fast, and past the first events of "hi there i do tons of damage and open you up from afar", the best players now blow apart said wanders pretty well/consistently (wich is why they are quite out of top 10).

Cheers,
Snowflake (n1 wander dmg-wise on TMT/BL pvp, tho skillwise I wouldnt make assumptions :P)
Last edited by neyhoumi on Feb 22, 2015, 8:31:56 AM
so you are saying that ggg should balance the game around mid tier and not the top end capabilities of a build?

also bigfoot's wander was at the top for a while on the hc/sc ladder. I assume that its dropped off now because of the ladder decay. I wouldn't say that it does poorly in 1v1.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I wouldnt call snowflakes wander midtier, it did oneshot a whole 3man team from spawn
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
ok ill try to address a few things

pretty, facebreakers do in fact have a movement skill. They can use shield charge and even cyclone (breaks traps etc). Both of these, however minor, are a big step up from wanders lack of movement 100%.

You guys think wanders have this absurd damage that no other class can obtain is a poor perspective. crit bows barrage can deal MORE damage than wands and it's proven. They also get beautiful DOT skills, low mana spam skills, corner attacks, and trap clears. Please don't justify pedestrian wand movement on the dmg. I don't see how giving wands a blink arrow type skill would create any imbalance. In fact, it would make the duels less lazy. It's really too easy to escape wands. If I get someone 90% life they wb away I have really no means of catching them and finishing them. Likewise, any range user can run circles around me while damaging me down. To think it's not fair for wands to have a movement skill is just a lack of experience. Try the build and ask yourself if giving some movement would make this thing #1 no-matter-what or just advance a relatively limited spec?
I actually have a wander that I'm dying to use in 3v3 no party blitz, and imo the movement feels fine. I got used to walking wherever I go anyways with the occasional blink arrow which imo can be done with a swap anyways. IDK with the way wanders are now in the temp leagues, where all the action is :D, i think its justifiable for them to be somewhat limited in movement, compared to other builds.
Somewhat limited in movement is complete limited in movement. I understand that in team it can be seen tha wand is ok without movement. u haev 3 bodies protecting you and insane KB dmg to other team. my view isnt on team pk rather than 1v1
I agree with Bigfoot. There needs to be a viable movement skill that doesn't rely on weapon swap. Having to weapon swap every time isn't practical, except for those oh shit moments getting out of bear traps.

Lightning warp doesn't really count since wanders don't stack cast speed, unlike casters.

Crippling wanders' movement just because they have good aoe damage in 3v3's, doesn't sound like a valid reason IMO.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info