unique items *no longer updated*

"
pengant wrote:
I will however admit when I am wrong and concede that it does seem physical damage is better than elemental damage, judging by how much armor monsters have (which isn't public knowledge obviously).

My previous point still stands though, as it's not possible to make pure physical dps build that goes that high. If it is i'll admit i'm wrong again. But pretty sure its not. So shock stacking elemental damage still triumphs.
I saw a guy who had 18k AoE DPS as a Facebreaker build.. And tons of people have 20-30k Flicker Strikes, just toss a Splash in there.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
"
pengant wrote:
I will however admit when I am wrong and concede that it does seem physical damage is better than elemental damage, judging by how much armor monsters have (which isn't public knowledge obviously).

My previous point still stands though, as it's not possible to make pure physical dps build that goes that high. If it is i'll admit i'm wrong again. But pretty sure its not. So shock stacking elemental damage still triumphs.
I saw a guy who had 18k AoE DPS as a Facebreaker build.. And tons of people have 20-30k Flicker Strikes, just toss a Splash in there.

As I said, pure physical dps. Any of those specs use 100% pure physical damage? I doubt it

I do 40k dps myself, but not all of that is physical damage.
"
aristolholy wrote:
lol u still not understand what i mean? to get 400-600 life from 80 life u need 400-500% life% node, maybe more

and u can still get both dps and resist from ring, theres also dps mod in suffix and resist is prefix mod, that means with 2 ring u can still got 100% all resist and dps

Yes, but then again as i mentioned you will not be able to overcap res as well, its a give and take. And 400-500% life nodes is very common in ranger/marauder builds.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on May 10, 2013, 11:54:15 AM
"
pengant wrote:

you cant get 20k lightning damage on anything.

you can probably get to 12k on shock nova, which is shit, and your avreage damage will be around 6k, thats the downside of lightning damage, the average damage.

6k lightning damage is again, less damage compared to an avreage of 6k physical which is also achievable.

And no, it does not triumph, because even shock stacked it still goes through resists and before you get all the shock stacks an EK-er will clear the mob in 1 hit.

To reiterate, gloves are not OP, physical>elemental, dont tell people to learn the mechanics when you dont know them.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 10, 2013, 12:13:13 PM
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
aristolholy wrote:
lol u still not understand what i mean? to get 400-600 life from 80 life u need 400-500% life% node, maybe more

and u can still get both dps and resist from ring, theres also dps mod in suffix and resist is prefix mod, that means with 2 ring u can still got 100% all resist and dps

Yes, but then again as i mentioned you will not be able to overcap res as well, its a give and take. And 400-500% life nodes is very common in ranger/marauder builds.

lol u so funny, pls count how many % life node on skill tree
with 2 good ring u can get around 100% res already, i think its easy to overcap the resist then? u still have boots, glove, amulet, chest , belt, shield, even weapon can have resist, and each of it can have tri 45% resist, so lets just assume u use kaom and astramentis and helmet that have no resist, and just assume u have 35% tri resist from boots, glove and belt + 100% from 2 ring, that already 205% resist - 60% from merciless, u still got 145% all resist, i think that was overcap?
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
pengant wrote:

you can probably get to 12k on shock nova, which is shit, and your avreage damage will be around 6k, thats the downside of lightning damage, the average damage.

6k lightning damage is again, less damage compared to an avreage of 6k physical which is also achievable.

Dude read my other post.

I said it's possible to get to 20k Elemental dps with enough Lightning damage to generate good shock stacks (especially with the new op unique).

As it's not possible as far as i'm aware to get anywhere near 20k pure physical dps, elemental dps that generates shock stacks still ends up doing more? Or can you disprove this?
"
pengant wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
pengant wrote:

Dude read my other post.

I said it's possible to get to 20k Elemental dps with enough Lightning damage to generate good shock stacks (especially with the new op unique).

As it's not possible as far as i'm aware to get anywhere near 20k pure physical dps, elemental dps that generates shock stacks still ends up doing more? Or can you disprove this?

i havent seen anyone do 20k pure lightning dps, if you add the other elements, then im assuming youre talking about ele cleave..which i optimized..and for which i did two guides(the temp ele cleave everyone is using, and shadow ele cleave, one of them is also on exilepro).. and i can assure you, getting 20k physical dps is much better, even if you do through Hatred+ADF as you should because those mechanics are designed with physical in mind so its pretty stupid to not use them.

I can do 15k Pure physical (no ADF, no Hatred) DPS on EK, with not even amazing gear, 15k physical dps is not mitigated, it gets increased by vuln, im pretty sure that with better gear than mine you can reach 20k pure physical without much problems, now again guess which is better.. And also physical damage is scaled with hatred and ADF so its kinda hard to not take them into consideration if you take them, im doing 24k dps on EK, on crits its devastating.

Physical is better than elemental with the right gear.
Elemental is easier to do than physical.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 10, 2013, 12:34:40 PM
"
aristolholy wrote:
lol u so funny, pls count how many % life node on skill tree
with 2 good ring u can get around 100% res already, i think its easy to overcap the resist then? u still have boots, glove, amulet, chest , belt, shield, even weapon can have resist, and each of it can have tri 45% resist, so lets just assume u use kaom and astramentis and helmet that have no resist, and just assume u have 35% tri resist from boots, glove and belt + 100% from 2 ring, that already 205% resist - 60% from merciless, u still got 145% all resist, i think that was overcap?

Please count how many life % nodes on tree really? For a character that has 280% Life Nodes from passive tree, 80HP on gloves gives her ~400HP more.

Using your assumption(for a character using kaoms, astramentis, alpha's), assuming each ring gives 30% all res(equal to 100 res), both rings will give 60% All Res. Boots will give 40 all res. Belt will give 40 All Res.

Your total all res would be 170% All Res(30 + 60 + 40 +40). Subtracting -60 due to merciless, that will be 110 All res. Taking into account that chaos res is still at -60. So assuming some perfect gear combination, we take out 30 res from the 110 All res and put it into chaos res. That will give 80 All res plus 30 chaos res.

How is this res cap? Especially in a map with ele weakness and -max res?

IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on May 10, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
I know that I would much rather fight elemental damage mobs than physical damage mobs, simply due to the way mitigation works in this game. The same is true for our damage output vs mobs, their ele resists mitigate a large portion of a LA, and I usually swap to RoA later on for that reason, physical damage trumps elemental damage.

I can Eat a couple of Vaal's lightning beams on merciless even with a same level character, however going into that fight without enfeeble I can barely take 2 rock falls back to back, again the PHYSICAL damage trumps the elemental. The mechanics go both ways, mitigation vs physical damage is horrendous especially at higher levels which is where those gloves are found.
"
iamsamsara wrote:
I know that I would much rather fight elemental damage mobs than physical damage mobs, simply due to the way mitigation works in this game. The same is true for our damage output vs mobs, their ele resists mitigate a large portion of a LA, and I usually swap to RoA later on for that reason, physical damage trumps elemental damage.

I can Eat a couple of Vaal's lightning beams on merciless even with a same level character, however going into that fight without enfeeble I can barely take 2 rock falls back to back, again the PHYSICAL damage trumps the elemental. The mechanics go both ways, mitigation vs physical damage is horrendous especially at higher levels which is where those gloves are found.

Did you ever consider that maybe the rocks do 5k physical damage and the lightning beam does 3k lightning damage?

Seems like you are assuming both hit for the same amount to start with. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info