unique items *no longer updated*

@ Wishinan - Learn how shock works bro.

I'm pretty sure you just said rare gloves will be better dps than this unique. HAHA
Last edited by pengant on May 10, 2013, 10:52:40 AM
"
pengant wrote:

So in terms of both sustainability and DPS, a really well-rolled rare gloves with 1-20 dmg mod,, 15-16ias, 90 HP and dual 40 Res will still be better.

Learn how shock works bro.

I'm pretty sure you just said rare gloves will be better dps than this unique. HAHA

Quote me on that. I said both DPS and sustainability. Very clearly.

Thunderfist is a BIS DPS glove. But the prospect of losing dual 40 Res, 80-90HP which can turn out to be as high as 400-600HP after passives life % nodes and 200-300 armour is not going to make Thunderfist a BIS Glove.

BIS in DPS, definitely. But when was POE all about DPS?

Hence a BIS glove in POE is going to be one that can offer a healthy balance of DPS, HP and Res. And that is not smth Thunderfist can achieve by a long mile.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on May 10, 2013, 10:56:31 AM
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
pengant wrote:

So in terms of both sustainability and DPS, a really well-rolled rare gloves with 1-20 dmg mod,, 15-16ias, 90 HP and dual 40 Res will still be better.

Learn how shock works bro.

Quote me on that. I said DPS and sustainability. Very clearly.

OMG hahahahahahaha

Really?

"
pengant wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
fucks sake this happens to every god damn unqiue that is slightly good. They are NOT OP.

Think first, then bitch. The only OP unique that needs a nerf or removal is kaoms, because it is a no-brainer endgame item for any build that uses 2h weapons, and any build will turn to 2h if they find a kaoms.

Think first.

I'll explain how I think they are OP again and you can tell me your opinion on why they arn't.

1. Gloves are a 5 link.
2. Gloves make any build that uses lightning/shock twice as effective in stacking shock stacks. When we compare to what other elements give and especially what physical damage gives (er nothing) then these gloves offer alot of dps increase from the shock stacks alone. And it makes the damage needed to shock at all much less and despite that.....
3. The gloves give 1-100 lightning damage. Just to compare, thats like what 20 less lightning max damage than you'd find on a 2 handed weapon?
4. The gloves only downside is no life and lack of resistances. BUT - resistances can be easily found elsewhere so can pretty much forget that downside. So you lose 70-80 life equiping these.
5. They pretty much just made any amazing attack speed/ele damage rare gloves obsolete.

Your turn.

Easy

1.Its a shit 5link, no ele cleaver uses added lighning damage and if he does his dps will be crap, use wakes instead, get ele/ias/life on gloves, slap cleave in chest. want to use kaoms? use Rime Gaze, a friend colored it 3red 1 green yesterday now hes rocking kaoms+rime gaze cleave.

Added lightning is not with quality on the gloves so it doesnt have a chance to shock.
Want to use it as a LA ranger? have fun on reflect mobs.

2.Get shock stacks and have fun dying to reflect after that, the gloves have crap ES, no res, no life, they are usable if you want to have fun killing yourself with the shock stacks.Also the damage needed to shock enemies is not big at all, these gloves are not necessary at all to do that.

Physical damage is the best from of DPS in the game. Physical damage goes right through armor, unlike elemental damage that goes through fixed resistances.

3.you get 109 lightning damage on a weapon at the max roll.

4.You lose life, es, resistances, IAS, mana for damage that will likely kill you on reflect, they make your build less viable.

5.No they have not, because attack speed ele gloves have life on them and resistances or at least big ES.

You clearly just think they're OP because they have big numbers on them.

As i said, think hard first before you sprout out bullshit.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 10, 2013, 1:29:07 PM
Has anyone tested these gloves in Merciless yet? Don't see the point in speculating until real results are posted.
@Victordoom - just go learn how core mechanics work before you make these sorts of posts or its all pointless reading. Pretty sure you just said physical damage is better than elemental damage, in which case lol thats enough reading for me.
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
aristolholy wrote:

400-600 hp from passive? that will be like 400-500% life passive? where that come from? all life node in skill tree combined? resist is not a problem anymore when u got many high tri resist gear, i can sacrifice two piece of gear and still got 90% all resist

No, I mean for players who stack those 8%-12% Life Nodes. That's pretty much a huge majority of players, especially rangers/marauders.

If you're a Alpha Howl and Kaom's Heart user, you'll only have boots, belt , ammy and rings to get resist on.

Assuming you have 20 All Res from ammy and both rings, that brings your res to 0 0 0 -60. Assuming you use boots with triple 40s(main 3 ele) and belts with triple 40s(main 3 ele), that is 80 80 80 -60. Sure, Alpha Howl's gives you 25-30 Cold Res, so that's pretty much the only res you will overcap. But let's not forget that those really good yellow gloves have 300-400 Armour. So that's easily 200-300 Armour lost as well if you use Thunderfist.

even player who stack 8-12% life node they must stack around 40-60 8-12% life node to get 400-500% life

and from 2 ring alone u can get around 100% all resist, can have higher resist than that

"
pengant wrote:
@Victordoom - just go learn how core mechanics work before you make these sorts of posts or its all pointless reading. Pretty sure you just said physical damage is better than elemental damage, in which case lol thats enough reading for me.

seriously? good person you found to tell to learn the mechanics...

You are the one that badly needs to learn them, now stop being a smartass since you obviously know jack shit about what you're talking about.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 10, 2013, 1:29:50 PM
"
pengant wrote:

OMG hahahahahahaha

Really?

Yup.
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
pengant wrote:

LOL, seriously? good person you found to tell to learn the mechanics...

Victor, don't take this guy too seriously :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info