unique items *no longer updated*

+% increased physical melee damage and str do not work with items that add phy dmg like this helm:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/313526#p2744712

So its not that good for the new staff since the dmg bonus from it dont buff the added phy dmg.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
"
Fireknight wrote:
My apologies Durentis, I typed this out before your comment was submitted. The idea is cool, I just don't think it's practical.

No need to apologize.. we all have our opinions and I respect yours. Though I do think you and others may be jumping to conclusions before really thinking some things through or trying it out first - it's pretty flexible in some ways.

Chypre answered most of your points. As for the ES portion, you're supposed to be far more vulnerable. If that means you have to swap it off for another rare/unique at some point or in certain situations, so be it. Uniques aren't supposed to be best in slot at endgame anyway. And you can always try to supplement the minor ES in the chest with your other items.

You can still use your own L20 totem support gem or regular totems (such as the new one) and take advantage of the other mods whether placed in the chest itself or in another item (such as a 6L staff). The only loss for doing this is the potential 7L.
"
trailslayer wrote:
"
lamarkhamar wrote:
"
Intricate1 wrote:

wow thats kinda insane, time to stack up the armor

its also kinda DEATH

If you took 100 damage before, now you take 150 damage. You'll manage
That's not how increased damage taken applies to actual damage dealt.

You take 50% more incoming damage, which reduces armor reduction value.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Why is it a spidersilk robe again?

"
Who the hell puts reduced item rarity on a unique?!

Bloody amazing resists though. And this item drops right around when you really start to need them -- early act 2.

Clearly a racer unique. Let's create some conspiracy theories who takes most profit from cleave during races but has bad resists at docks.

"
I wonder what it does if you reflect the curse

Will it curse mobs around the dead totem?

You still get cursed with curse reflect it reflects the curse the the source if there is no source there is nothing to reflect.

"
Durentis wrote:
"
Fireknight wrote:
My apologies Durentis, I typed this out before your comment was submitted. The idea is cool, I just don't think it's practical.

No need to apologize.. we all have our opinions and I respect yours. Though I do think you and others may be jumping to conclusions before really thinking some things through or trying it out first - it's pretty flexible in some ways.

Chypre answered most of your points. As for the ES portion, you're supposed to be far more vulnerable. If that means you have to swap it off for another rare/unique at some point or in certain situations, so be it. Uniques aren't supposed to be best in slot at endgame anyway. And you can always try to supplement the minor ES in the chest with your other items.

You can still use your own L20 totem support gem or regular totems (such as the new one) and take advantage of the other mods whether placed in the chest itself or in another item (such as a 6L staff). The only loss for doing this is the potential 7L.

This is a pretty awesome armor for summoners, two totems to have both zombies and skel totems (or two skel totems) up at same time, L14 doesn't matter since the totems are protected by walls of minions and the curses don't faze summoners much either :)

I'm looking forward to trying the crypt map at some point too.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Why is it a spidersilk robe again?

"
Who the hell puts reduced item rarity on a unique?!

Bloody amazing resists though. And this item drops right around when you really start to need them -- early act 2.

Clearly a racer unique. Let's create some conspiracy theories who takes most profit from cleave during races but has bad resists at docks.

"
I wonder what it does if you reflect the curse

Will it curse mobs around the dead totem?

You still get cursed with curse reflect it reflects the curse the the source if there is no source there is nothing to reflect.

Charan was making a joke at his own expense. Take another look at his unique sword (Tipua Kaikohuru Whalebone Rapier)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Likely to be Laz in this case; a sword in Median XL is also named Aurumvorax. Stat-stick this time around, though.
Edit: Nevermind, finally found a page with the actual new unique, I see now.
Last edited by Alphaman on Apr 12, 2013, 9:07:42 AM
I want to play that map with my dominating blow facebreaker :D
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
That new chest begs the question, if you want the totem to be viable in maps, could you just put in your own level 20 spell totem gem, and would it override the level 14 one?

If so, the +14 spell totem is nice until you're about level 60, and then you swap out one extra support for your own spell totem gem, pretty much resulting in what you could have before this item was released, except with +1 extra totem :P
ign:mptyspace

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info