unique items *no longer updated*

"
Scully wrote:
+1 totem chest
unique wave map
Abyssus helmet

What's the last unique?

-20% rarity +50% all elem resists one-handed sword.
"
easymagicoz wrote:
"
Lifendeath wrote:
That kid that ran the new unique map what a fucking joke. has the audacity too expect kripp to supply chisels then whispers him saying all loot is his and repeatedly whispers him the same thing and panics when he thinks kripp is taking his loot and this guy is a diamond supporter.

the pixels they're MINE!

Chill bro LOL, I was pm'ing with him and he was saying it jokingly

seriously, he would have to be joking. Did you see how much loot that map had? even if he had 6 portals to himself he couldn't even take home a quarter of that.
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
New Totem Chest is freaking AWESOME!

Glad you like. :)

Soul Mantle is largely my doing so, for those of you upset with it for whatever reason, feel free to direct criticism my way. It's not P2W at all.. I don't get one handed to me, and I don't even have a totem char at the moment (or when I designed it). Hopefully the drawback is enough to balance the benefits (spork, etc).. we tried.

The concept was essentially done prior to Ancestral Bond and the splitting of the totem support. All that was really up in the air was the drawback which I think turned out pretty well. I had hoped for it to be as an Aura effect, but GGG is uneasy with items affecting party members. Perhaps you should be thankful for their sanity checks? ;)

I didn't even think of the curse-clearing flask mod.. don't think it's as hard-counter as some think though. Maybe. /shrug

Hopefully some interesting builds will come of this.

But, as some mentioned, it is insane/crazy.. so, in that way, it was well signed. :)

(Oh, and WTB Soul Mantle..)
The new totem chest is the single most disappointing thing I have ever seen. The sadistically low ES coupled with an additional drawback makes it virtually worthless.

Going from 1 to 2 totems means a damage increase of 100% and a massive survivability increase - since at least one totem can be kept up almost 100% of the time (when one totem dies, the other becomes the target. While that totem is targeted, another is placed, ensuring the caster is rarely targeted).

Going from 2 to 3 totems is only a damage increase of 50% - and does not have a meaningful survivability benefit. Considering the curse drawback, low ES, and low spell totem level - the chest becomes nothing but a disappointing novelty.

edit: My apologies Durentis, I typed this out before your comment was submitted. The idea is cool, I just don't think it's practical.
IGN: Dominion / Clamor
Last edited by Fireknight on Apr 12, 2013, 2:48:11 AM
Need a high lvl 1h sword just sayin
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Would be nice if the uniques from the past 2 or 3 releases were at the top rather than those from just the last one since these patches have been coming so frequently. Just a suggestion!
ign: iron_sheep
"
Fireknight wrote:
The new totem chest is the single most disappointing thing I have ever seen. The sadistically low ES coupled with an additional drawback makes it virtually worthless.

Going from 1 to 2 totems means a damage increase of 100% and a massive survivability increase - since at least one totem can be kept up almost 100% of the time (when one totem dies, the other becomes the target. While that totem is targeted, another is placed, ensuring the caster is rarely targeted).

Going from 2 to 3 totems is only a damage increase of 50% - and does not have a meaningful survivability benefit. Considering the curse drawback, low ES, and low spell totem level - the chest becomes nothing but a disappointing novelty.

edit: My apologies Durentis, I typed this out before your comment was submitted. The idea is cool, I just don't think it's practical.

You can go from 1-2 totems without Ancestral Bond and then still attack yourself and do damage.

I don't get how totem life works. Level 14's duration is plenty IMO. If it has less life, at least you still get +totem life on the item, so it should balance out or be better. It essentially lets you get 7L since you don't need totem.

Probably at least half of the time, whatever curse isn't going to bother you. Who cares about getting stuff like Punishment or Warlord's or Conductivity when there is no lightning damage around.

I wish it wasn't plain ES at all and yeah it is somewhat low ES for endgame, but it still seems like a fairly good item.
You can have a 7L totem, or two 6L totems, or 3 5L totems. That's pretty cool.
IRON MAN
"
shamoke wrote:
VOD of kripp doing unique map:
http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/389598035?t=437m10s

Oh shit, thank you for this!
#NeverGoing90
Well with that chest you can kinda remove ancestral bonds, have two totems and cast ice spear or other damaging spells yourself. Tho your survivability will drop, but you will have 7l totems + ability to cast spells yourself. And if curse removal pots work thats even better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info