unique items *no longer updated*

Will any of you please tell me which of the curses in this game, let alone EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM being cast on you simultaneously... Actually poses a threat? Considering you have a 7 linked spark totem that's surrounding you forming a triangle with the floor moving around over saturated with spark spam X 3?

The only scenario a curse would be threatening to me if it was Doom or something with a set timer to make me explode. What? That Warlord's mark making you give extra charges to your enemies on death or life leech?

I didn't really mean it when I said it's pay to win. I just said it to get everyone talking about this. Because I seriously don't think being cursed, even with several curses at a time, balances against having 7 links.

Especially in the case of spark totem, where it's the flavor of the month and it's guaranteed to provide easy results for anyone using it as is.
IGN: Narbays
And the last new unique? D:
IGN: Laloo1990
If paying $1,000 for an item you don't get to balance, that isn't given to you for free, is considered p2w. Then wtf is using gold-selling sites and buying the best gear?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
How does the curses from the chest interact with Hex Master / debuff duration?
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 11, 2013, 11:33:38 PM
"
narbays wrote:
Will any of you please tell me which of the curses in this game, let alone EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM being cast on you simultaneously... Actually poses a threat? Considering you have a 7 linked spark totem that's surrounding you forming a triangle with the floor moving around over saturated with spark spam X 3?

The only scenario a curse would be threatening to me if it was Doom or something with a set timer to make me explode. What? That Warlord's mark making you give extra charges to your enemies on death or life leech?

I didn't really mean it when I said it's pay to win. I just said it to get everyone talking about this. Because I seriously don't think being cursed, even with several curses at a time, balances against having 7 links.

Especially in the case of spark totem, where it's the flavor of the month and it's guaranteed to provide easy results for anyone using it as is.

Think of a scenario like this: Map boss Piety. Added damage of chosen type and other goodies to the map. For some reason (read lightning ball of fuckyourface) kills all three of your totems the very moment you do NOT have curse immunity, this results in you being cursed with lets say; Ele weakness, conductivity and something else. At the same moment she storms your head.

This KILLS this player.
"%^#*##*%$#&^&(&(%$^*&" - Flameblast 1.0.4
"
Umbraal wrote:
How does the curses from the chest interact with Hex Master / debuff duration?

Probably and hilariously exactly like you think it would, don't.
"%^#*##*%$#&^&(&(%$^*&" - Flameblast 1.0.4
Or if you get enfeebled + temp chained, this slows down your clear speed so much no one cares if you've got a 7L cuz you'll suck more than a no-link char.
Breach : MLXFL
Last edited by william2433 on Apr 11, 2013, 11:36:03 PM
"
narbays wrote:

The thought of a group of cold damage flicker strikers killing my 3 totems cursing me with frost bite, elemental weakness and temporal chains, then turning towards me sends chills down my spine.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Apr 11, 2013, 11:37:21 PM
"
HoockBr wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
Level 14 spell totem = not usable in maps. Way too low HP. 1 white spell caster will one shot that totem.

Have u ever made a flame toten with knockback and gmp? it never dies.

It's funny that you say that because I have a level 70 dual flame totem marauder. If you do not believe me you can check my posts, I made a post about it about a week ago. Flame totem is really good up to merciless but after that it's pretty shitty, with or without knockback.
Warding Flasks are not a fixed solution. Even with mods rolled to extend Flask duration, you would still only have a limited amount of charges. This is a very very big problem when facing map bosses (as highlighted in the Temple scenario earlier) because you have literally no way to recharge your flasks.

Imagine its interaction with Hex Master. You find it funny to be permanently cursed with Elemental Weakness, Conductivity and Temporal Chains mid-fight with no more flask charges on your Topaz/Granite/etc? I hope you like 10,000 damage thunderstorms then.
Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 11, 2013, 11:37:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info