unique items *no longer updated*

"
how does it look in game? does it look like a normal demis or do you get the actual facemask?

Currently it looks the same, but a special 3D model is being created for it.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
That shield does not turn off or prevent righteous fire damage as it says "CANNOT BE IGNITED". Righteous fire does BURNING damage.

Burning and Ignite are more or less the same thing. There are forms of burning that do not come from ignite(fire trap ground effect for example), however for the most part being immune to ignite means being immune to burning. Righteous Fire says it ignites you, and it is a standard burn, which means this shield won't work with RF at low life. The way I see it, this shield is designed to use RF at full life, and it turns it off automatically when at low life. Alternatively as a low life high fire resist shield for something very specific, which I'm not seeing much use for(being immune to ignite I guess means you don't get ignited when you get dmg reflected on a crit but that seems fairly useless).
No. Being ignited is not a state, it's an action - that of gaining the burning debuff. Cannot be ignited means you can't be set on fire, not that any fire already on you is magically extinguished - it prevents ignition, it doesn't removing burning.
I'm pretty sure RF gets around ignite avoidance, since you're chosing to set yourself on fire in that case.
I'm pretty confidant it'd be weirder if we went the other way and investing in chance to avoid being ignited passives meant that RF sometimes arbitrarily didn't cast for you.

Mechanically, RF doesn't ignite you, it applies a debuff that deals burning damage to you and some other things. "Ignite" in a mechanical sense means to apply the specific "burning" elemental status ailment.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 27, 2013, 8:46:05 PM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
Edit: Might want to change the tooltip of RF then since it literally says "Ignites you..."
Will do
"
Nickoladze wrote:
"
Zoulf wrote:
"You have to build for the item"

hahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Build what? EK?

Does physical weapon damage even work on EK? I don't believe it does.
It does not. EK does not deal weapon damage, it's a spell.

You're still missing my favourite one :P
Keep up the searching.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 7, 2013, 11:09:36 PM
"
iowercase wrote:
Is there any kind of time-delay attack similar to EA's splosion but utilizing weapon damage? You could land the initial hit with a real weapon then switch to that ridiculous staff for the damage bonus before it goes off.
No, but you could play high INT and swap this in for a much bigger EA explosion instead.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Also, it can have quality, which really ruins the effect.
Yeah, but hiding it leads to being really confusing to people who use armour shards on it and don't see anything change. We were already pushing the limits with not displaying "Has 6 linked white sockets", but I (and Erik) successfully argued that the theme of the item was cool enough to justify not having that text on it, which would ruin the effect. I can take no credit for the design, but I fell in love with it when I first saw it in the document and did my part to fight to keep it as blank as possible, to keep the theme.

Some quick questions since people will ask me anyway, either here or in PM:
1) It has no level or stat requirement because it's a simple robe. No magic from us there.
2) It has no base ES because there's a 'hidden' mod that removes that. It's not just not showing the ES, it doesn't have any.
3) Yes, that means that the quality won't do anything but add a useless number. Feel free to consider yourself superior for only using a 20% quality Tabula Rasa, but don't expect any actual difference
4) Yes, it will always have 6 sockets, and they will always be white, and linked.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 8, 2013, 1:28:39 AM
Errorcode:

I first did this one when trying to play with various socket features similar to that of Kaom's Heart. Six connected white sockets is of course the opposite end of not having any at all.

From a design perspective this item is one of few that works perfectly from a top town design perspective (starting with a core idea that can be as vague as a word or principle.), and from a "pick a cool unique feature (6 white linked sockets) and make a unique from it. You can even say that it works perfectly well from a utility/meta game situation as well, where you design a unique for a specific game play situation that was hard to do before (testing a lot of combinations of skills supports).

Add to this the fact that the Tabula Rasa names already has a strong historical flavour and fits perfectly with the somewhat roman/latin theme of PoE and you get a perfect lucky storm of a unique! :)
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
NikoFrozen wrote:
BTW I just realised it is the exact opposite of Kaoms heart!

Kaom's have best stats on armor (1000hp), but worst sockets (no sockets)
Tabula have best sockets on armor (always 6l with no need to chrome it), but don't have any stats at all
It's also the opposite of Thousand Ribbons, which is a Simple Robe with pretty much all the stats, where Tabula Rasa is a Simple Robe that's actually simple, and has no stats.

Clearly this means that Thousand Ribbons is actually Kaom's.
Has anyone tried the Coward's Trial? If anyone knows of anyone streaming it, let Carl or I know, we're keen to watch. Especially on hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info