unique items *no longer updated*

"
Hellpyre wrote:
"
Gieron wrote:

...its a 66 map...

And Kaom's Heart is a 68 item.
So it could drop from rare or unique monsters in the map, since they drop items at monster level +2
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 11, 2013, 10:47:03 PM
"
easymagicoz wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Does it inflict the curse if the totem expires instead of dying?

I think totems technically die every single time they are forced to disappear without the timer goes out, so if you recast, bam curse.

Dev confirm on that?
Correct. Totems die if they run out of time. They also die if you have more than you're allowed, just like, say, zombies do if you raise too many.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 11, 2013, 11:05:14 PM
"
HoockBr wrote:
With Ancestral bond, will my max toten will be 3 or still be 2 with that robe?
1 + 1 + 1 = 3

And to pre-empt what I'm sure will be an upcoming question, these curses are like the ones from maps in that they're additional curses, and thus don't count towards the limits of curses that things can put on you. A monster can still curse you on top of any/all curses you get from this.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 11, 2013, 11:10:20 PM
"
easymagicoz wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:
With Ancestral bond, will my max toten will be 3 or still be 2 with that robe?
1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Also Mark, could you give some insight to how the chest interacts with atziri's mirror?
Atrizi's Mirror grants Curse reflection, which works exactly the same as damage reflection - when you are hit by a curse, the thing that hit you also suffers the curse.

In this case, the curse comes from your own stats due to an item you're wearing. You can't reflect a curse you caused yourself, just like damage reflection wouldn't apply to you hitting yourself.
The curses are caused by the armour, you didn't cast them, so they are unaffected by Hex Master's infinite duration.
"
Antilogy wrote:
They also had a corpse exploder witch, with the boss being a necromancer he would have kept raising all those monsters had they not been corpse exploded.
It was a little unfortunate that they most of the corpses, and due to all the chaos going on the special bit at the end wasn't obvious what happened, but I'm sure as more people do the map, you'll all work it out.
"
davros70 wrote:
I wrote the text, it was to align with the mods, but as mods cannot be put in any order you want, it didn't turn in the order i liked.

If you want to change the flavourtext at all, just let us know. It's very easy to do, and will be retroactive to any existing items.
Code warrior
"
davros70 wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
"
davros70 wrote:
I wrote the text, it was to align with the mods, but as mods cannot be put in any order you want, it didn't turn in the order i liked.

If you want to change the flavourtext at all, just let us know. It's very easy to do, and will be retroactive to any existing items.

Nah its fine as it is, just doesn't align in the way i wanted, i already knew this through Carl. Each line runs with one of the mods, except the last
What order would you prefer the mods in? We can't change it just for that item, but if the required changes would be reasonable and fit within our reasons for the ordering of things then I see no reason why I couldn't shift a few things around in the files to change the order they appear. Last I checked that still worked for items. So no guarantees, but let me know and I can look into it.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 19, 2013, 12:12:58 AM
While high level uniques are important, the vast majority of play time is spent on lower levels in PoE. Eventually we intend to add enough unique items to cover all the item base types in the game, with a lot of doubles here and there. This unfortunately means that a very high percentage of uniques won't keep up in level with the elite players at the top. also keep in mind that it is important that rares can stay competetive in the end game, since a situation where everyone uses the same unique is something we want to avoid.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Lunares wrote:
Except power charge on crit doesn't work with totems (since the totem gets the kill iirc) so how can you get power charges with ancestral bond?
By critting. Ancestral bond does nothing to stop you critting, it just means you don't deal damage. You can still hit, and crit, things, and trigger anything that happens when you hit/crit that doesn't require damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 15, 2013, 10:47:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info