unique items *no longer updated*

We will soon post a developer diary that discusses the unique item design at great length. I can mention right away that there are are many types of unique items that caters to different types of situations, and to different types of players as well.

Some unique items are meant to be used mostly early in the game, some can be powerful in some end game situations, some can help you take very non-traditional builds further, some are made for a big "wow" factor, or, some can just be very flavourful and reveal more about the lore. Most items fall into more than one of the above categories (and I probably forgot a few categories as well!).

That said, this is still a beta, so any suggestions and feedback on the existing unique design philosophies helps a lot!
Omnitect of Wraeclast
A game dev diary on uniques has been posted: development diary entry
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Facelicker: I was hoping this one would go unnoticed :) A fix was made (there was indeed a mix up in the flavour text between two items when they were entered into the game) yesterday and will make it to the beta realm some time soon.

Edit: To be more precise, the text currently on Sadima's Touch belongs to Doedre's Tenure, and the current text on Doedre's Tenure belongs to a yet to be released item.

The text on Sadima's Touch will be: "Wealth unspent is wealth wasted"
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Last edited by Erik on Feb 18, 2012, 8:10:20 PM
"
lithiumjack wrote:
55/66 ;)

And man, that Daresso's Courage unique...
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Facelicker: I can confirm that this is the case. Eventually some base types would have multiple Unique items as well. That is stretching quite a bit into the future though.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
I'd just like to point out that the uniques in the legacy section at the bottom of the post are now available to drop again from maps. The reason that these left the pool is that they were assigned to base types that were higher level than the available content. With maps, this is now no longer the case.

Here are the map levels that could drop the relevant uniques:

Level 63 Map - Hyrri's Ire
Level 64 Map - Lioneye's Glare, Divinarius
Level 66 Map - Kaom's Heart, Rathpith Globe
Level 68 Map - Lioneye's Remorse

Edit: The old versions displayed here will probably have incorrect base item stats, so you you will need to update the links when someone finds a new one.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Last edited by Jonathan on Jul 24, 2012, 7:23:44 AM
"
Zahndethus wrote:
"
Pheonid wrote:

Is the description text a reference to what I think it is...?

buck yeah it is

*brohoof*
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Oh how I've missed Hyrri's Ire. Now my cold dmg shadow will be complete.

I assume that the uniques Jonathan just mentioned follow the same rules as all other Items, i.e., if the item is req lvl i63 it can drop from a rare monster in a lvl 61 map.

I'd like to know if Jonathan posted the req lvl of the items or the bare minimum map lvl when the items can be found. So in the case of Hyrri's is the armor req lvl 63 or 65?

I was already taking in to account the bonus levels that rare monsters get. When I said something can drop from a level 63 map or higher, it was because the ilvl of the base item was 65.
Facelicker: Springleaf is not a diamond unique.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Rime Gaze has been in for ages now, just not dropping due to being high level so it isn't one of the "new" uniques. You should be able to find it in a level 63 map or higher now. I asked Carl about it and he said "It's good".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info