unique items *no longer updated*

"
FaceLicker wrote:
So say I have 200 Armor and get hit with a projectile for 100 physical damage. Do I apply the -10 first to get 90? And then factor in 200% armour to get 600? So now it's 600 armor vs 90 physical damage?

Or is it 600 armour vs 100 physical damage and then -10 from the remainder?
All modifications to damage taken occur after mitigation. Flat amounts +/- to damage taken occur before % increases/reductions (just as for everything else).
Just confirming that as of 0.9.12l, there are 97 unique items in the game (we're not counting the Portal gem as a unique). That means that your count is correct apart from including that gem.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Mathematically, 0 out of 0 mana is 100% (the current is equal to the maximum), and also 0% (the current is equal to 0% of the maximum), indicating you'd have both full and low at the same time. We'd likely decide that at least one, possibly both of those don't work, were things to be implemented that way.

Please note that item is not yet finalised, and may not have the mod in question in it's final form.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 27, 2012, 8:38:16 PM
Also worth noting is that the current proposed version is more recent than the posted image - "Fire critical strike chance" is just "Critical strike chance", because "Fire critical strike chance isn't something we can do.
Soul: Don't worry, they are two completely separate items.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
or that DoT doesn't count
This. It only applies to damage taken from hits. If people have suggestions for a concise description of the stat which makes this more clear, that could be helpful.
"
pneuma wrote:
"X% of damage gained as mana when hit".
This works, thanks.
"
0nin wrote:
The wording is "increased", which always signifies additive. I'll stick by that until Mark or Chris proves me wrong.
Yes, it's "increased", meaning it will stack additively with any other increase to the same value. So's shock, which is "40% increased damage taken".
This will stack additively with shock and any other increase to damage taken. Modifiers to damage taken are, however, not the same as modifiers to damage dealt, and will not stack with them additively - they can't, as they aren't modifying the same things.

A player attacks a monster:

If he hits, All the player's (applicable) increases to his damage apply to work out how much damage he deals.

The monster mitigates some of the damage through armour and resistances to work out how much damage he's going to take.

Monster's applicable modifiers to damage taken then apply to the damage he actual takes, increasing (if shocked or frozen by someone with this staff) or decreasing the damage before it's removed from ES and life.
In preparation for open beta we will go over existing unique items and fix any problems with balance, theme and flavour. Is any unique completely useless? Is any unique overpowered, making any other item in that slot obsolete? Is there places where the addition of a mod or tweaking of the flavour text would strengthen the theme greatly? Here's a few examples of my own notes on things that will be considered:

Lioneye's paws needs "cannot be stunned" for the theme to work.

Fix Hyrris Ire removing energy shield and Hyrris Mark to giving energy shield.

Fix Volls Armour to give charges on crit and maul to remove crits, probably by renaming one of them.

Wake of destruction too easy to get cc lock?

Any feedback on similar problems or any other needed changes on the existing uniques is greatly appreciated!
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
ClaySoldier wrote:
Voll's Protector: it does not need -50% mana, that i think is to much, maybe that stat should not be on there.
This item is quite strong in the right build, and the mana penalty can be countered reasonably easily (it's reduced, not less, so additive).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info