Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Tips / FAQ for new players

"
Highwayman wrote:
Armor, Evasion, Energy shields:
I'm rather confused, how do these work?

Like, do I have a 50% chance to evade damage completely or do I completely evade 50% of damage?

And does Armor work the same as Evasion?

Does 20 Energy Shield points block exactly 20 HP worth of damage?

I've posted a more in depth FAQ that answers this question.
Thanks, good job on the FAQ!

One other thing I was wondering was the maximum number of sockets different types of items can have?

Oh, and also attack speed while dual wielding: Is it doubled?
And man, did he look pretty ill
Last edited by Highwayman on Aug 15, 2011, 7:50:37 AM
Hmm I'm pretty sure it's six for two-handed weapons, body armour, and large (strength) shields, 3 for wands and daggers, and 4 for everything else.
In all my time I've never actually seen a six-socket item though, they are extremely rare.

Dual wielding grants 25% attack speed bonus.

Thanks for the questions I'll add it to the in-depth FAQ.
Last edited by Malice on Aug 15, 2011, 7:58:55 AM
How does corps targeting work? Is it only for using raise dead gem or hitting the rotting corpses around the area that contain items?
What can change the nature of a man?
"
rahnborshko wrote:
How does corps targeting work? Is it only for using raise dead gem or hitting the rotting corpses around the area that contain items?

When using a skill that requires a corpse (detonate dead, raise zombie/spectre), with corpse targeting on, you will see a red highlight as you mouse over corpses, letting you more easily choose the specific corpse you want to use.
With corpse targeting off, you don't get the red highlight, the skill will just use the corpse nearest to the mouse cursor.
I see, thanks for the answer.
What can change the nature of a man?
Is there anywhere I can buy gems or is it all from quests/loot?
They're all from quest rewards & loot at this stage
"
Malice wrote:
"
rabidwolf9 wrote:
Do the extra item quantity etc support gems work the same as say multiple projectiles gem would- in that I only get extra drops when I kill using a skill it's linked to?

Correct

Could anyone explain in detail this^^ I kind of don't understand it very well.
"
Ana wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
"
rabidwolf9 wrote:
Do the extra item quantity etc support gems work the same as say multiple projectiles gem would- in that I only get extra drops when I kill using a skill it's linked to?

Correct

Could anyone explain in detail this^^ I kind of don't understand it very well.

If you link an "Item Quantity" support gem to one of your skills, you will get more item drops on average than if you killed them with a regular attack, or skill without the support gem attached.

"Item Rarity" support gem works the same way. Killing things with a skill that has this support gem attached means you will get more magic and rare items than normal.

Does that answer your question?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info