Stringing on the Kickstarter customer, or Why this game needs to die

goetzjam do you feel you belong to this thread?

Scrotie said what he wanted to, [Removed by Support]. Right or wrong.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by Support on Feb 10, 2015, 1:01:07 PM
Even if I'm not that dedicated of a player...

Oh well, thing is, the game is flawed, but not beyond salvation. With things like Forsaken Masters or the big nerf in the last big patch, one can see that at least GGG gives a shit. And recently some minor perfomance patches.

I bet that some necesary things will come after act IV given how many resources they have to that right now. It's not like they don't know, it's just that right now change is hard because they have some promised things.

PD: The whole "let's not support thing" won't help. I don't have to write why, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
as Charan's post on AoE says

Stopped reading there. Charan's desires for this game are at this point wildly out of touch with what PoE currently is, and at this point his threads are nothing but lightning rods for people to QQ about the game. He attempts to mask it with big words and long essays, but his threads are just pointless QQ because his original vision for the game isn't how the game turned out.

PoE is what it is; you either like it or you don't, and nobody is forcing anyone to play it. Nobody is even forcing you to pay for it to play it. I'm not saying everything is perfect or that some of these concerns aren't valid, but QQ like Charan's ALWAYS comes across as "wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the developers don't like my ideas".

You have the ability to play this game without uniques. You have the ability to play this game solo self found. You have the ability to play without AoE skills. You have the ability to innovate and do whatever you want. Nothing is stopping anyone from playing this game how they want. The idea that you should BOTH be able to play however you want AND faceroll everything in the game is a problem, but that problem is on YOU and not the game design.

The problem I see with the OP - as well as many of Charan's posts - is that there's this implicit assumption (even if unconscious) that being a supporter entitles you to things on the part of GGG's development of the game. It doesn't.

You are thinking of things in a very upside down way. You tried the product, and buying a supporter pack is equivalent to nothing more than saying "thanks" for what you have ALREADY experienced, not making a purchase for what you HOPE to experience in the future.

TL;DR --> If you view GGG's business model as a kickstarter, the problem is with your understanding of the game and its support, not with GGG or their design.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 10, 2015, 1:08:48 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
For me, I agree with Dlrr the most. I keep supporting because of four main things:

1. I still believe in GGG as a company.

I appreciate their effort, their clear love of and enthusiasm for this product. Their customer service is top notch. Can they, as a company, do things better (speaking strictly as a company, not in relation to the game management or game design)? Of course, find me one that can't. I still have faith that they want to do better and are trying to.

2. GGG has kept its ftp promise.

I have never once, and will never, pay into a game where it gives you a gameplay advantage. Yes, I own a lot of stash tabs (well, relative to the starting 4, not some of you nutjobs). But I could play with the starting 4 if I had to and it wouldn't really be different. My hoarder instincts would cry though.

3. I still have fun playing this game.

Do I agree with every decision they've made regarding this game? God no. I will loathe, til the day I die, the fact that there was no post-OB wipe and that legacy items exist. Do I think that the supremacy of AoE is what I want most or is best? Nope. Charan has an excellent thread on that issue. Is the game as stable or efficient as I want? Hahahahahaha. I mean, really. It takes a ridiculous amount of computing power to run this game, and there are definite stability issues in places (looking at you maps). Sayya had a spot on, if a tad angry, post about this like yesterday.

However, in the end, this game is STILL a blast to play. There are still at least 20 characters I want to make to try out various skill/gear combinations.

They are still putting out new content that I enjoy. I can't speak to the current temp leagues as my gaming computer fried and my current one can't play PoE (see above re: ridiculous computing power needed), but FM was fantastic. The new unique maps are great. I have high hopes for Act 4. My only real concern, and for me this will be a watershed test, is whether GGG learned from the disaster of A3X. Yes, disaster. Everyone I talk to, without exception, loathes A3X. The monster design is obnoxious, and the difficulty spike is stupid. The rest of the game is just good enough to bitch about having to get through A3X on guild chat and then move on. Although, to hell with playing A3X in Merciless.

4. I still want those mtxes.

I really like the aesthetic (in general, Seraph stuff can go away now). I never use mtx to show off, I use what I like in combos I like because the damned character is on my screen 100% of the playtime, so I want to enjoy looking at it.

----

My original pack was based on playing a free weekend and being very impressed with GGG. I didn't intend to support ever.

As long as each of the four things above remain true, I'm sure I'll spend more, even if perhaps the game isn't what we envisioned in CB.

Pretty much alla this. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
tackle70 wrote:
"

You are thinking of things in a very upside down way. You tried the product, and buying a supporter pack is equivalent to nothing more than saying "thanks" for what you have ALREADY experienced, not making a purchase for what you HOPE to experience in the future.

[/b]

actually it means thanks with an expectation that the future of the game's vision will stay the same .

that is what support means. it is an investment , you support now for a pay off later.

unfortunately that vision has changed so much so that the game we played and loved in closed beta simply does not exist anymore.

and while the thing we have now is enjoyable . i feel dirty playing it and i cant even last 20 minutes anymore before i simply cant stand being in game.
"
tackle70 wrote:
The problem I see with the OP - as well as many of Charan's posts - is that there's this implicit assumption (even if unconscious) that being a supporter entitles you to things on the part of GGG's development of the game. It doesn't.
I think it's a lot more fair to say this is the problem the OP acknowledges and is addressing (although I'd include both monetary and forum/essay contributions). That, and that the delusion has negative effects for the deluded. That, and I sympathize with them for feeling such a way (what Salty said, etc).

But seriously, man, I totally agree that, at this point, contributions to steer the game are silly bordering on insane, and focus should be on what the game is, not what we imagine it as. I'm just encouraging the other people who feel like I do to GFTO with me. You want me gone; I want to leave. Win/win.

At least papercut is finally happy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2015, 1:22:57 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Stopped reading there. Charan's desires for this game are at this point wildly out of touch with what PoE currently is, and at this point his threads are nothing but lightning rods for people to QQ about the game. He attempts to mask it with big words and long essays, but his threads are just pointless QQ because his original vision for the game isn't how the game turned out.

That thread actually turned out pretty good unlike some others, it gathered a lot of attention and there were even some pretty decent posts and ideas on how to solve the issue, some were even realistic. The snag is that devs either don't think that particular aspect of the game is an issue at all or consider it needed for the cause of greater good.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
actually it means thanks with an expectation that the future of the game's vision will stay the same

I feel so bad for everyone who ties expectations to their support of this game. Irrespective of those expectations being met, it's just foolish and misunderstands the whole concept.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
I supported for a very simply reason.

The joy i already had with the game and the provided time-sink which i enjoyed.

Completely irrelevant of the future direction of the game.

This might or might not provoke me to donate again, will see in a few months when i make the same analysis, did i enjoy the time-sink and did it provide me with joy.

It's the reason why i donate after reflection on the past, instead of tying it with the future, which would be a fools errand and destined to end in negativity. Most projections to the future follow that pattern.
Very rarely for most people does a projection align with reality.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm just encouraging the other people who feel like I do to GFTO with me.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Feb 10, 2015, 1:52:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info