rebalancing crit

You just don't grasp how extraordinarily complicated this game is, do you?

There is no possible way that GGG could balance the game items economy in such a way that the currency you spend even roughly scales with the power you wield. There is just... no way to do that. It'll never happen, no matter how much "feedback" you provide.

Seriously, let it go.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Apr 8, 2015, 8:54:07 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
It would be sad if this was the end of slow and hard hitting weapons.

That writing has been on the wall since the Pleistocene epoch.

Unless desync is thoroughly mitigated, hard-hitting slow weapons are horrible to use. I made a crit staff templar with this thing...
...with the idea of using heavy strike to do massive single-target damage, and letting herald of ash do the rest.

When it hits, oh, it's fucking nasty. Problem is, it just doesn't hit. Almost nothing I swing at is actually there. Other single-target builds have this exact same issue. Thing is, they swing ten times a second, so you will never notice.

Yeah, I could use some AOE skill with it, but it's just not the same. Until I know that I can actually land a blow, it'll sit in my stash collecting dust. Shame, really. It's so pretty.

Well that's actually the problem with melee and why it is so frustrating to play in this game. Unless you use some semi melee / ranged skill like ground slam you actually have to klick on the target to deal damage. That's also one of the reasons why melee is so unpopular atm. They should try to fix the targeting problem instead of just changing the attack speed of the weapons which would be lazy game design imo.
Last edited by dEus__ on Apr 8, 2015, 10:03:30 AM
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
It would be sad if this was the end of slow and hard hitting weapons.

That writing has been on the wall since the Pleistocene epoch.

Unless desync is thoroughly mitigated, hard-hitting slow weapons are horrible to use. I made a crit staff templar with this thing...
...with the idea of using heavy strike to do massive single-target damage, and letting herald of ash do the rest.

When it hits, oh, it's fucking nasty. Problem is, it just doesn't hit. Almost nothing I swing at is actually there. Other single-target builds have this exact same issue. Thing is, they swing ten times a second, so you will never notice.

Yeah, I could use some AOE skill with it, but it's just not the same. Until I know that I can actually land a blow, it'll sit in my stash collecting dust. Shame, really. It's so pretty.

Well that's actually the problem with melee and why it is so frustrating to play in this game. Unless you use some semi melee / ranged skill like ground slam you actually have to klick on the target to deal damage. That's also one of the reasons why melee is so unpopular atm. They should try to fix the targeting problem instead of just changing the attack speed of the weapons which would be lazy game design imo.

I confirm it and agree completely

GGG check this post!
"
Helpmegod wrote:

I confirm it and agree completely

GGG check this post!

Do you ever add anything of value or simply say you agree to every post you reply?

Not saying he isn't wrong or that you are wrong, but typically I'd suspect people would you know, put forth effort in giving feedback?

Melee will be in the best spot its ever been in when Act 4 comes out, I suggest you all try it out then.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Melee will be in the best spot its ever been in when Act 4 comes out, I suggest you all try it out then.

I agree, being up to your waist in shit is certainly better than up to your neck. You're still in the shiats but it's still an improvement.

I'd prefer to see more substantial changes than yet another buff, but if straws are the only graspable things around to move the crapline from neck to waist I'll grasp them and ask for more. Of course, if I don't like the way all of it comes together in practice, I will fully exercise my right to complain and make snarky posts about game balance, common sense and halfassery.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
vangrandson wrote:
Buff crit multi! Because if you crit you should hit like a truck and everything should almost die instantly.

Nice idea - finally a good way to get an even greater amount of reflect/selfoneshots! ;)

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
"
pneuma wrote:

looks like you are new to the game

Of course that is why he has this newbish Alpha Member tag. ^^

"
IS a 50 exalted CRIT build strong as a 50 exalted NON-CRIT build?
NO, NON-CRIT is far superior than CRIT builds, unless you have at least 500+exa gear

And of course it takes at least 500+ ex for a crit build to outnumber a non crit build! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 8, 2015, 8:21:45 PM
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
I seriously hope GGG's "solution" isn't just slashing base crit chance on weapons across the board. There's no reason to nerf staves, bows, and daggers that only have 6-8% crit chance with crit mods; it's the stuff thats 9%+ where things start to get OP. I think they'd be better served by nerfing the implicit crit mods on the weapons that have them - Harbingers, for example. And retroactive. No legacies.

If GGG would nerf the implicit crit of harbingers then nobody would use them anymore. You could easily use a faster bow and craft crit chance on it.

Regarding the picture of the Staff, it seems like they balancing their damage too. If you compare their base stats they will have a little bit less dps but higher attack speed. It would be sad if this was the end of slow and hard hitting weapons.

If GGG removed the implicit crit of harbingers then nobody would use them anymore. If they simply nerfed it, as I suggested, the highest crit chance bows would be nerfed without affecting thickets and others - my point is there's no reason to nerf all bows when those without implicit crit can only achieve 6.9% crit chance (max 38% increased crit chance mod), while those with 50% crit implicit can achieve 9.4% crit chance.

If bows are nerfed across the board, then folks will rely on harbingers even MORE because they'll be able to achieve close to what they used to, while all others will have crap crit chance even with 38% mod. It would mean punishing non-crit or semi-crit rangers for no reason, when those aren't the builds that are causing balance issues.

I'm willing to admit, however, that bows might be an outlier here. Many other weapon types known for game-breaking crit builds, such as wands, daggers, or staves (like the new one GGG has revealed) already have base crit chances above 5%. In those cases, perhaps I was wrong in my previous post and it makes more sense to change around the base weapon stats.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Apr 8, 2015, 11:16:58 PM
"
demon9675 wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
demon9675 wrote:
I seriously hope GGG's "solution" isn't just slashing base crit chance on weapons across the board. There's no reason to nerf staves, bows, and daggers that only have 6-8% crit chance with crit mods; it's the stuff thats 9%+ where things start to get OP. I think they'd be better served by nerfing the implicit crit mods on the weapons that have them - Harbingers, for example. And retroactive. No legacies.

If GGG would nerf the implicit crit of harbingers then nobody would use them anymore. You could easily use a faster bow and craft crit chance on it.

Regarding the picture of the Staff, it seems like they balancing their damage too. If you compare their base stats they will have a little bit less dps but higher attack speed. It would be sad if this was the end of slow and hard hitting weapons.

If GGG removed the implicit crit of harbingers then nobody would use them anymore. If they simply nerfed it, as I suggested, the highest crit chance bows would be nerfed without affecting thickets and others - my point is there's no reason to nerf all bows when those without implicit crit can only achieve 6.9% crit chance (max 38% increased crit chance mod), while those with 50% crit implicit can achieve 9.4% crit chance.

If bows are nerfed across the board, then folks will rely on harbingers even MORE because they'll be able to achieve close to what they used to, while all others will have crap crit chance even with 38% mod. It would mean punishing non-crit or semi-crit rangers for no reason, when those aren't the builds that are causing balance issues.

I'm willing to admit, however, that bows might be an outlier here. Many other weapon types known for game-breaking crit builds, such as wands, daggers, or staves (like the new one GGG has revealed) already have base crit chances above 5%. In those cases, perhaps I was wrong in my previous post and it makes more sense to change around the base weapon stats.

We will see what happens. I mean there has to be some kind of a balance of weapon tiers especially for bows. Thera are almost no other bows used then harbingers for end game atm.
One way to balance crit is by making non crit some what more desirable, IMO the best way to do this is by making nerfing crit multi, But IN EXCHANGE put more damage nodes on the tree so that crit would pretty much stay the same, while buffing non crit in general, I think this is the best idea because crit is fine, imo I think they went overboard on the nerfs though before 1.3 and the crit multi gem doesn't give you that much damage if you already have a precentage of atleast 120% percentage making it not desirable for me in a crit build as a gem slot if you're pretty much capped out on gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info