rebalancing crit

"
vangrandson wrote:
We all are aware of the fact that crit is not balanced in current state of affairs

No we are not... crit is fine. Imho even the last crit nerfs were pretty stupid.
A lot of no-crit builds are just bad and need a buff...
"
azraelb wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:
We all are aware of the fact that crit is not balanced in current state of affairs

No we are not... crit is fine. Imho even the last crit nerfs were pretty stupid.
A lot of no-crit builds are just bad and need a buff...

Something something something powercreep.

ITT glad the feedback forums don't balance the game.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Crit multi gem is OP as (thunder). Atm 79% multi is sick

Cap global multi to 150% multiplier and it will be fine and funny

Also you should nerf multi passives from 30% multi to 2% multiplier

Its way 2 stronk i clear 78's in 10-20 seconds because i use crit build
... Not fair GGG...

"
sanleon wrote:

I know this post wasnt meant to be taken seriously, however the oppsite would be actually the solution to the crit issue, buff the crit multi gem to 250% at lvl 20/20, buff the crit multi on the tree to 300%, but also make a crit cap at 30%. This would made crit builds the heaviest hitters but not the fastest map clearers. Currently they are both which is unacceptable for me and many others.
Last edited by vangrandson on Feb 9, 2015, 11:19:58 AM
"
vangrandson wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:

I know this post wasnt meant to be taken seriously, however the oppsite would be actually the solution to the crit issue, buff the crit multi gem to 250% at lvl 20/20, buff the crit multi on the tree to 300%, but also make a crit cap at 30%. This would made crit builds the heaviest hitters but not the fastest map clearers. Currently they are both which is unacceptable for me and many others.

Have you even played a crit build?

Honestly the majority of people putting their 2 cents in every crit thread has no clue.

FeelsBadMan

Currently playing a character who uses this, .... a crit ranger

Edit:

This char is just so fucking op even with bad gear and only 20k gpm tornado shot dps, flask are at 100% all the times because of the surgeon mod, extra iiq + iir and i knock back and freeze mobs all the time.
Last edited by vangrandson on Feb 9, 2015, 11:39:46 AM
The claimed opness of your char comes from Tornado Shot and not from crit itself. Play a crit melee build (where you actually have to balance defence + offence) and things will look vastly different.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
The claimed opness of your char comes from Tornado Shot and not from crit itself. Play a crit melee build (where you actually have to balance defence + offence) and things will look vastly different.

Guy has a 20ex bow, lol this so OP.

FeelsBadMan

"
candoerfer wrote:

It's not one or the other, it's both (and others).

crit >> noncrit.
ranged >> melee.
nado >> other bow skills.
windripper >> 99.999% of rare bows.
"
candoerfer wrote:

I had a RT Tornade-Shot Ranger... it is rather underwhelming. The easy to get crit for bows and the incredible ease you can make a good harbinger or decimation bow is a large part of it.

Even considering that you can get a rather cheap good physical bow with Lyon-Eyes does not make up the amount of dps you lose, exspecially considering that for a mobile TS char you just hit and run and don't need that many APS.

The real benefit of TS is that it is single target and multitarget as well. There are skills that can match it in both departments but no skill can match it in both.

"
For soloing purposes my char is epicly good anyway one-shots most packs due to the massive AoE DoT (Ele prolif) can do -max+ele ref maps which is a problem for most build, so I'm quite happy with the state of things, it's not like you are forced to play crit.
Also I doubt that any crit build can just take more than one sec from mageara -max firestorm, or any other crazy stuff like that, they have their shortcomings too.

My Crit-Ranger has no issues with all of them. He doesn't even have maxed res (he is at 60,48,68,-16) I just use Purity of Elements sometimes if cursed with Ele-Weakness or Purity of a certain element to mitigate heavy elemental damage. I can also just tank mageara since I have permanent ruby-flasks if I want to, but I dont even need to, I can also kite her since I have a basic move-speed of 163%.

With 90% Resistance and 46% Spelldodge Elemental Damage is barely an issue. There are two issues. Ethereal Knives with high range and Flicker Strike.

Right now there are basically two Mods I can't do.

1. CI
2. Physical + Ele Reflect (one alone is no issue, since I just use Physical to Lightning for Phys Reflect)

All other mods are basically irrelevant... Vulnerability can cause some nasty surprises if you actually get hit and Enfeeble is annoying as is Temporal Chains.

But everything else is mitigated by better Flask-Uptime (my ranger does not have permanent flask-uptime but if I just need Fire-Res I just use 4 Ruby-Flasks with Surgeons to solve this). Since I get basically 1 Charge per Second (I only have a bit more then 2 Attacks per second, with 50% Crit-Chance).

The one thing I agree with from the OP is this:
"

However a crit chance of 50% + should not be achievable anymore because a critical strike doesnt feel critical anymore if you crit 60% of times

Critical Strikes don't actually feel critical if they just happen all the time. If you basically just crit its just an ordinary strike because the majority of your strikes are like that. I don't think the way to reduce Multiplier and keeping Chance was a good idea. Not only makes it feel critical strikes underwhelming it also meant that all the Crit-Triggers like CoC or Surgeons are incredible powerful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info