Have you nothing better to do than deal in PoE currency?

I love this game but all the people trying to make profit from buying selling fuses etc is getting me down.
Last edited by shigs on Feb 3, 2015, 10:08:53 AM
uninstall and go live to Cuba

If you dont have enough money you are shit

So yes ppl try to make easy money here too
"
sanleon wrote:

If you dont have enough money you are shit

Sounds like a balance issue if you need to become a trader or be "shit".
[Removed by Support] he is right, PoE is an online only ARPG with a huge focus on the economy.

Trading is a central part to progressing your character further, and even more so in HC leagues.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Feb 3, 2015, 10:41:01 AM
"
sanleon wrote:
uninstall and go live to Cuba

Lol, OP go self found on wealth. Easy peasy.
Na it's not.

I understand the value of trading the good items you find and don't need. It's just the same people every single day spamming buying chaos for x, and selling for y, I find that tiresome and don't really agree that it should be integral to the game (but I can see the fun in it for some).

Maybe there should be some separate trading channel/app for it?
Last edited by shigs on Feb 3, 2015, 11:15:22 AM
I would agree if trading was required to to end-game content.

Honestly, after leveling multiple characters now I can say this:

1) Trading facilitates progression but is not necessary
2) This game could ONLY be called Path of Trading if the expensive gear was REQUIRED to get through gated progression...which it isn't.
3) A build that costs 3-4 Exalts (in chaos) can run just about 99% of the content in this game.

The trade option is a nice one, but isn't required to do end-game content (high-level maps).

The majority of the reason people hate on trading is because there are the few (1%ers) out there that are trading in multi-exalt/mirror trades for GG gear that we will never see...the beauty of it is...you don't need those items to have a good build that's fun.

Why is getting you down?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
And how do you think that 1% acquired their wealth? Honest farming? Of course not. By flipping stuff. That is the only way you can get the real wealth in this game. Kinda sad but that's how it is. That being said, people who buy fusings at 42:1 to sell them at 41:2 are picking up crumbs, I always cringe when I see an offer like that.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Why is getting you down?

Because (but I'm no economic theorist so I might be wrong) it makes everything so flipping expensive. I see people buying up fusings just to sell them for more when I'm trying to 6l the chest I want to wear, that makes me sad.
Last edited by shigs on Feb 3, 2015, 12:22:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info