Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

The legacy items in the 1.3 patch notes got me to quit... I was thinking of 'trying' out 1.4 but then they made eternal orbs a legacy item without disabling them, and I said fuck this shit.... I'm out.
Is this game still completely reliant on trading to get good stuff, with awd awful drop rates on anything powerful? As long as this game stays path of trading simulator I won't return.
This game is obviously deigned by folks that think trading is key and lost sight of the loot hunt and progression being key.

Trading should be a ends to a means and even a last resort. Not THE way to aquire powerful gear because the drop rates are SOOOOOO bad.
"
Afura wrote:
I quit playing PoE because of the lootsystem. After some mf characters I just realized that the only way to get healthy or to get the right items you need for your build is by flipping items.

This.
All this.
Otherwise I really liked the game but this kills it.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 7, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
"
Is this game still completely reliant on trading to get good stuff, with awd awful drop rates on anything powerful? As long as this game stays path of trading simulator I won't return.
This game is obviously deigned by folks that think trading is key and lost sight of the loot hunt and progression being key.

Trading should be a ends to a means and even a last resort. Not THE way to aquire powerful gear because the drop rates are SOOOOOO bad.
"
Afura wrote:
I quit playing PoE because of the lootsystem. After some mf characters I just realized that the only way to get healthy or to get the right items you need for your build is by flipping items.

This.
All this.
Otherwise I really liked the game but this kills it.

That's exactly how I feel about it. To me, the loot hunt is as fundamental to this style of game as character and party creation is to classic D&D games and dungeon crawlers. This game feels like's it's missing a core component because of that. Now, I am still able to play and enjoy this game for a couple months at a time, but I always end up needing a break because eventually this game wears thin on me with how unrewarding it starts to feel after a certain amount of time. I'm mostly just playing it until I find something else to play. It's a real shame, because if this game had that loot hunt aspect to it, it would be a game I would likely play for years to come.
Last edited by Vicariously on Jul 7, 2015, 10:18:10 PM
I hear the trading argument alot. I do wonder what they propose as a difference. I agree some uniques (t1) are very very rare. In 3.7k hours played i have had only 1 of them drop.

However, most other uniques do drop. It's just not always the right one. But that's where trade comes in. Like if a carcass jack drops for you but you actually need a lightning coil. You can use trade to make this happen.

I wonder how it should be according to the complainers on trade. Should every unique drop for you in the span of a week so you can choose wich to wear? Should you be able to write a message on your character, wich says ' i want lightning coil' and boom 2 maps later you got it. I'm sincerely curious.
Miska, there's a massive difference between having all the good stuff drop in an instant and having normal, reasonable drops. Right now, we have unreasonably low drop rates.
3700 hours is more than a year playing 8 hours per day, every day. And only one T1 drop with such a high amount of time invested in the game? If there are 10 T1 items, then this means you should spend 10 years treating this as a job in order to get them all (yes, I know you'd probably have duplicates rather than 1 of each)?

I understand that they want to cater to people that are willin to spend time playing the game. They should not require an unhealthy relationship in order to achieve anything meaningful, though.
I find the game highly satisfying. I started to dislike the game because of trading as well after some time. However once I started playing self-found, solo, hardcore - I had fun again. Never looked back. I actually stopped playing due to other games and studies. But I'm hyped for the awakening now.

I dont think I can ever go back to playing group+trade. Because for me - the feeling of personal achievement is stripped away. When playing self-found, no trade, no group - I actually enjoy playing the game instead of trade-simulator 9000.
"
Miska, there's a massive difference between having all the good stuff drop in an instant and having normal, reasonable drops. Right now, we have unreasonably low drop rates.
3700 hours is more than a year playing 8 hours per day, every day. And only one T1 drop with such a high amount of time invested in the game? If there are 10 T1 items, then this means you should spend 10 years treating this as a job in order to get them all (yes, I know you'd probably have duplicates rather than 1 of each)?

I understand that they want to cater to people that are willin to spend time playing the game. They should not require an unhealthy relationship in order to achieve anything meaningful, though.

I agree, but i still don't see a solution to this problem. Personally i enjoy having so many super rare items to hunt. And when my mjolner dropped, even though i had amassed enough currency to buy 50 of them, still felt good.

I get plenty of good drops, very decent rares, less rare uniques. My goal is not to have every t1 drop.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what do you want? Should every item have dropped after a certain amount of hours? Isn't it the beauty of PoE that you can load up a map and actually find something that will change your game. If everything would be common, you do realize it wouldn't be an achievement to find any item anymore. I think people don't realize this.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 8, 2015, 6:46:17 AM
- No DMG Numbers, i wanna see my progress, see "bigger" Numbers.....
i know its cheap but i miss it :/
100% SSF! <3
Well, I'll simply say that I feel that they could simply lower their time expectancies a little bit in order to not push people away with impossible grinds.
Nobody needs a perfect 6 T1 item, but getting a character to level 100 shouldn't take decades for normal players.
99% of the people on my friendslist quit because of the horrible trading system .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info