Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

im an on again off again player and agree with most in here.

Needs an AH using external systems is just bad
Currency way to complicated.

had a friend give up just because of it.

Needs a gold system.

that way everything has a gold worth which in turn would be ok to then trade orbs ect.

Will try to play again when 2.0 is released.
I've seen a ton of league players come and go. Mostly it's people who play a league when it starts in hopes of getting "rich", they fail to do so, and after the 2nd or 3rd league I never see them online again. Some are people who love new stuff. Those guys are great to chat with, but like the others, after a few leagues they have moved on to other games. That has caused me to be a bit jaded towards "league players". I personally do not know any that have been around since the game was brand new. Hence their feedback/companionship is less important to me since they'll probably be gone in 6 months anyways.

I've had a few friends who have done leagues, eventually stayed on standard. Why? Leagues are fun for a while, but if you really want to work on character development and reaching that epic "100" as a casual player, you probably won't make it in a league. There were a lot of those guys around for a long time I mapped with. (me being one of those that got sick of leagues and started working more on getting a character to 100) We had months, after months, and even more months after that of fun. I miss those guys. Leagues came and went, we kept geeking out in the late evenings on that cursed standard server. Some of them devoted their accumulated wealth of the years towards builds that got hit hard with nerf bats. Alas.... they got frustrated and have been gone a while now.

So... we have people who do leagues for a while and quit, and those that stick around for a long time but leave due to frustration. I'll let you guess who contributed more $$ over the years.... (that in itself is a whole other rant when it comes to forum posts) anyways....

As I logged in tonight feeling pretty "meh" about the game myself, I noticed the ghost town that is my maxed friends list with a huge helping of "added friends but not confirmed" accumulating to a total of 4 players online; and then the guild tab of a whopping 2 players. I've been feeling a little iffy myself about the game after geeking out on beta some, and doing my best to keep up with the posted feedback. When it comes to feedback posts, I've taken that with a grain of salt. The players enjoying the hell out of the new stuff won't be posting, they'll be geeking out even more. The whine posts on reddit and forums are mostly the easily frustrated or insanely unlucky folks. There's some nuggets to be farmed though from the whine pile. The game seems to be going towards an even more frustrating ride for anyone wanting to play a character 90+.

Personally, I feel like it might be time for me to take leave of the game a while myself. I feel like I have reached an apex of a sort. I've personally not enjoyed the game very much for a few months. The difficulty of leveling a 90+ char without doing map rots is insane. Then die for some reason... after exhausting your resource of maps over the course of the week... begins to feel futile. Just looking at an empty tab of 75+ and knowing you have to spend days on end farming those 73/74's to rebuild your pool.... just so you can start to get the exp bar moving again... add in doing that alone because most of the people you know have quit...

eh.
my friend has pretty much stopped playing all together. just lost interest.

too grindy for him. too grindy for me.

i'm taking an extended break but will return only to play the leagues, i'm definitely done playing standard.

even when i come back to the new leagues i'll be playing a lot less than i used to.

the grind is just too, too annoying. it engenders burnout. in fact, just thinking about it makes me doubt i even want to play the new leagues at all.

i basically immediately start thinking: i don't have time to build a character out, so what's the point of even starting ?

well , the point used to be , i'd play with my friend. but now he's not playing.

my guild mates are a great bunch, but they are also a bunch of over-achievers. lol.

i basically get left behind by most of them, and once again i'm back to grinding alone, and that's really not much fun.

frequent disconnections , horrible trade system.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I really think they should make a league for "Co-operative players", (I play with friends solely, been playing with 2 or 3 friends, if they quit i'll probably quit the game too) in this league trade would not be allowed expect with 3 friends that you select to allow the trade, like a closed market beetween those accounts. I think it would be not an ideal thing but for me that is the way i play right now, playing for some weeks for now.
my brother quit because of his limited time he plays standard and can't be bothered with respeccing his char over and over again when he got time again to play a bit.

it would have been better if any character we create permanently uses the currently active skill tree until we delete the char.
"
cronus wrote:

it would have been better if any character we create permanently uses the currently active skill tree until we delete the char.

I'd love this too, sadly it'll never happen. GGG loves legacy items but hates legacy trees.. /mindblown
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
cronus wrote:
my brother quit because of his limited time he plays standard and can't be bothered with respeccing his char over and over again when he got time again to play a bit.

Part of me kind of wishes the game was this way. That part of me wishes I could have just given GGG my 20-40 bucks (just as an FYI I have spent 30$ on this game) and been able to play the game MY WAY... offline, no worrying about nerfs, etc... Having said that however, I will say that as much as I loved Torchlight 1 & 2, I've got about 8 times more playtime with PoE than I did with TL1+2 combined, and I'm sure that number will continue to grow. So, as frustrating as this game can be sometimes... well, most of the time... the updates and changes keep me playing, even if I take breaks here and there.
Mah bestest fwend in da whole wide world quit 1 day afta posting dis.

"
PigJuicer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Our systems for duplicate account detection are very advanced because we use them for large-scale bot/RMT detection.

I don no y he quitted da gaem ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Mah bestest fwend in da whole wide world quit 1 day afta posting dis.

"
PigJuicer wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Our systems for duplicate account detection are very advanced because we use them for large-scale bot/RMT detection.

I don no y he quitted da gaem ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

We all know how that turned out for the Beta key giveaway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info