2h burning leapslam (herald of ash proliferation) tree and gear + videos [1.3]

Thanks for show your build. Its a good guide to noobs as me xD. How much defense do you have? can post image?

Are you going to play this build in 2.0 and continue giving us skill tree, gems,... ?
I was updating gear section, but nothing else, so it is a bit outdated.

As for defenses. In current version of the game I chose to not care about armmour, use cwdt immortal call and just stack life. On my 97 marauder with a bit different tree (235% hp) and gear from first post (so belly, ming's and devoto's) I have 6.8k hp. With rare coral ring it goes up to almost 7.5k. As I said, I don't care about armour, it is only 3.6k, 12k with Rumi's or 16k with blue granite flask of iron skin.

In 2.0 HoA's AoE, prolif radius and damage as well as concentrated effect gem are nerfed. We also need to have a way to get fortify buff and endurance charges for physical defense (6-7 charges and no immortal call). Considering all this + overall difficulty increase (damage and hp of monsters) it seems leap slam will become movement/utility skill with fortify and ECoMS supports, and I will use something like ice crash or sweep for full dps AoE. So pretty much something that many players did in beta.
Another nice build that gets it in the butt when 2.0 goes live. :/
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Hey man you will update the passive tree for path 2.0???
My main char in std. is currently bloodmagic keystone reverse knockback cycloner with Vaal GS, 10.5k hp. With that said, lets talk about leap slammin :)

I did some testing on my 92 marauder and as I expected supporting HoA is not worth it. It takes so much mana and doesn't really increase clear speed. Without pre-nerf elemental proliferation we can't use conc. effect, inc AoE is not really needed tho. I suggest leap slam - MPD - faster attacks - added fire - WED - fortify.

Enduring cry for endurance charges (I'd happy if i could use rallying cry instead, but i feel melee char really need 6+ endurance charges nowadays, and i don't want to give up WED for ECoMS, especially because I'm using Taste of Hate). Hatred + HoA, no room for AA unless you want to support all your skills with BM (I wouldn't).

As for tree I would do something like: 114, you can skip US and stun mastery if you feel you don't need it, but stunlock action with heavy strike is really good alternative to cycloning bosses. You can get more hp, or more damage, but it is good baseline.

I like chaos golem, you can't really use max lvl becouse of int. requirement, so i use it in CWDT setup with bloodrage and temp chains (cwdt lvl 8, golem lvl 10, bloodrage 12 and temp chains 11, you can go lower if you have less int. and/or less hp).

Empire's Grasp:
is fun item (but ofc. not needed), it makes HS less annoying to use, allow you to use Vaal Ground Slam to suck big groups of enemies (VGS - multistrike - MPD - AOE) and even leap slam itself is more fun if you are not one-shotting enemies (you can roll "adds knockback to melee attacks" on your granite but 20% leap slam is 30% chance already, and you can get some on jewels if you feel like it is worth it).
Last edited by SteKrz on Aug 16, 2015, 6:35:56 AM
Could you please update tree?? Its not working anymore.
Updated skill tree please.
Read my post (3 above this one). I posted there what I would do, skilltree included. But keep in mind, after 2.0 it's not the same sadly.
Hi, I was thinking on doing a build based on leap slam with low APS + herald of ash + prolif, and found your video. Though I would have a different tree, I have a question you might easily solve.

What about Emberwake ring? Don't know how to link items but here's the link http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Emberwake

"

You can inflict multiple ignites on an enemy
Your critical strikes do not deal increased damage
80% less burning damage

This would take out the option of going for a crit+crit multiplier option, you didn't use it, just saying for other people who's inspired by this build.

Multiple ignites would work this way (I imagine, can't test it):

-You kill 2 enemies, and proc herald of ash for the overkill damage.
-Damage increases from the tree/gear, for short DMG.
-DMG*0'2, on each enemy in the area of herald of ash. Lets say 5 enemies are affected. TWICE (one for each enemy killed).
-Each enemy proliferates their TWO burns to near enemies. So each one of the group have 2 herald of ash burn and 8 proliferated burns.
-I suppose proliferated burns can't be proliferated, so this ends here (if not, the game crashes).
-DMG*0,2*10=DMG*2.

You would be burning enemies twice as fast hitting a mere group of 7 enemies and killing 2. Pretty achievable.

OR

80% less from emberwauke + 30% less from elemental proliferation, and we might end up healing enemies. Unlikely, though, I like empirical testing.

So... i don't have a char with the tree, or the currency to waste testing things, but if you're (or anyone else) intereseted to see the results, please, tell me know the results.
Last edited by Visca on Aug 19, 2015, 4:24:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info