[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

I found this build months before 2.0 update. The recent changes in minion gems seem to have improved it by a lot, at least in my opinion. Zombies have now 10k health (full quality gem) and the golems were a nice addition.

Personally, I find Haste not necessary anymore due to the recent buff to the Minion Speed gem, as it now increases attack and cast speed aside from movement speed. This, along with casting Flesh Offering, makes minions extremely faster. Due to this, I only run Hatred and Clarity. Though Reduced Mana cannot be used anymore with any aura, the only one that requires less mana reserved is Hatred (I found an Enlighten months prior to update). With both auras active, I have around 360 Mana available.

Now, the Golems. I took Chaos Golem due to the Physical Damage reduction you get with it and it helps a lot. With the passives nodes in the skill tree, my golem has 21k life, and this can be increased even more.

Now, Jewels. Army of Bones is great for this. 2 more skeletons + increased damage to all minions, its only penalty being that skellies now last a bit less, but it shouldn't be that noticeable. Apparitions adds more movement speed and chance to block, so I don't find it that useful. I find jewels to be a nice addition that can help you replace Sidhebreath if you want to upgrade to something more useful later in the game.

Now, more mana could be available if I change to Alpha's Howl, the ideal sockets and colors would be; B//B-R-G. The unlikned one for Clarity, and the 3 linked ones for Hatred, Enlighten and Generosity.

My current helmet is Vertex Mask, though is not necessary and a bit expensive. I only use it due to +1 level to gems and the half mana cost to socketed gems in it (Zombies with Multi, Melee Physical and Minion Speed costs around 50 using the Vertex).

This is just some info that I hope is useful to someone else. And remember, there's no need to buy Vertex or Alpha's Howl unless you're swimming in currency.
Last edited by AlexGrindor on Jul 20, 2015, 4:55:03 PM
updated with my 2.0 build,

still needs more testing
updated for 2.0
Is it me or do reserve mana gems not reduce the auro reserve costs anymore?
"
SE_Apocalypse wrote:
I updated the guide from 1.3, did I leave that in there somewhere?
"
SE_Apocalypse wrote:
Pretty sure you read something from my 1.3 build in a spoiler...
"
Crowcide wrote:
"
SE_Apocalypse wrote:

It is still socket in the gear examples for 2.0, and this was the second out of two guides I have read which mentioned this gem combination. So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or the guids have some outdated parts.

Just started last weekend, so no idea about 1.3 or 2.0 differences.
Last edited by SE_Apocalypse on Jul 24, 2015, 11:10:11 PM
"
SE_Apocalypse wrote:
"
Crowcide wrote:
"
SE_Apocalypse wrote:

It is still socket in the gear examples for 2.0, and this was the second out of two guides I have read which mentioned this gem combination. So I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or the guids have some outdated parts.

Just started last weekend, so no idea about 1.3 or 2.0 differences.
There is no reduced mana gem in the gear. Maybe you are seeing generosity?
Not to be rude or anything but how is this different from every single SRS build. The only difference from most I see is you have zombies up and they just didnt bother. Not trying to be a jerk I just dont see the difference, either your a zombie spectrate summoner or your a srs zombie summoner. One you cast constantly for more damage(srs) the other you curse and afk(specs).
"
vortex315 wrote:
Not to be rude or anything but how is this different from every single SRS build. The only difference from most I see is you have zombies up and they just didnt bother. Not trying to be a jerk I just dont see the difference, either your a zombie spectrate summoner or your a srs zombie summoner. One you cast constantly for more damage(srs) the other you curse and afk(specs).
Man if only your rude question was answered in the build...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info